Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vettel and Alonso to switch places?

Vettel and Alonso to switch places?

Reports in Italy suggest that Vettel will be announced as a Ferrari driver for 2015 today. Alonso is then due to take the opposite route.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Mmm, I would say it's unlikely... however Santander Bank sponsoring both Ferrari and McLaren...? Who knows.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Red Bull Racing has just announced Vettel will not be driving for the team in 2015. His place will be taken by Daniel Kviat. No announcement yet on where Vettel is heading but it seems he is Ferrari bound with Alonso returning to McLaren.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Some rumours also say Alonso could end up at Mercedes if Hamilton leaves the team.

Why would Hamilton want to leave the team at all, though?
    Visca Catalunya!

He feels the board prefers a German over a Brit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    He feels the board prefers a German over a Brit?
    Alonso is Spanish..

No reason for MC Hambone to leave Merc, unless he's tired of being woken by Lauda's face millimetres from his in the middle of the night after he fails to score.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I woulda picked Magnussen. He is much younger and has a more promising future; Button's best days are past him and I don't see him keeping up with Alonso.

Button is probably the best guy to have in an unproven car with an unproven engine. Though Alonso will be the second best guy. Money is on Button being there a year to basically spearhead development, and Alonso to hang around to reap the benefits.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Button has been signed for two seasons!

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Button is probably the best guy to have in an unproven car with an unproven engine. Though Alonso will be the second best guy. Money is on Button being there a year to basically spearhead development, and Alonso to hang around to reap the benefits.
    Yeah I can see that. Do you, or anyone see him as challenging for a WC though, especially with Alonso in the seat beside him?

Maybe Magnussen can be kept around in McLaren's picture though for the next 1-3 years.

I agree with that entirely, and I think McLaren took the right decision.

There's also a rumour that Alonso, Magnussen and Hulkenberg will be on the third works 919 for the 2015 Le Mans 24h...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I woulda picked Magnussen. He is much younger and has a more promising future; Button's best days are past him and I don't see him keeping up with Alonso.
    I think Button has potential, he just has been having bad luck. Sort of like David Coulthard, just younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    There's also a rumour that Alonso, Magnussen and Hulkenberg will be on the third works 919 for the 2015 Le Mans 24h...
    I highly doubt McLaren would allow their drivers to race for a direct rival of their road car business.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I highly doubt McLaren would allow their drivers to race for a direct rival of their road car business.
    Apparently Alonso wanted a clause in his contract which allows him to drive Porsche at Le Mans, if his schedule allows.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information