Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Cool classic pics!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
    Posts
    339

    Cool classic pics!!!

    for those who like classic cars, very old cars and many more...
    A brazilian page, from the city I live, good pics of many classics...

    I hope this post wonīt be outlaw in this forum...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    nice, what is he Itaparaty? (reg number ALU 1967) sounds brazilian, but what is it? There must be weird cars out there, I remember visiting Argentina about 8 years ago, and there were quite a number of cars that I never saw before, like the various Torino's. Can you give more on the Brazilian cars? Puma's?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
    Posts
    339
    Originally posted by henk4
    nice, what is he Itaparaty? (reg number ALU 1967) sounds brazilian, but what is it? There must be weird cars out there, I remember visiting Argentina about 8 years ago, and there were quite a number of cars that I never saw before, like the various Torino's. Can you give more on the Brazilian cars? Puma's?
    it is a Simca Itamaraty 1967.
    there isnīt weird vehicles here, because the greatest car manufacturers has factories here...
    see the thread Brazilian Astra vs European Astra in the European cars forum, to see some cars sold here...
    or take a look at www.gm.com.br or www.ford.com.br and you see that cars sold in europe are sold too here...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
    Posts
    339
    and just to complete my explanation.
    I forgot to say samething...

    never, but never in your life compare something from argentina with something brazilian... principally in front of a brazilian guy...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Originally posted by piledriver
    and just to complete my explanation.
    I forgot to say samething...

    never, but never in your life compare something from argentina with something brazilian... principally in front of a brazilian guy...
    yes I thought that I might hit a sensitive issue when I wrote that down, but point is that I have never been to Brasil (if a stopover at Sao Paulo Airport does not count) and I did spent some time in your neighbouring country.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
    Posts
    339
    man, I was just joking...
    when you could, spend some time here in brazil, specially the southern region...
    you gonna like...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Originally posted by piledriver
    man, I was just joking...
    when you could, spend some time here in brazil, specially the southern region...
    you gonna like...
    Thanks, next trip will be to Africa soon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Romania Bucharest
    Posts
    1,026
    if you get to Dakar look for some Dacia Pick-Up Diesel 4x4
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Originally posted by DasModell
    if you get to Dakar look for some Dacia Pick-Up Diesel 4x4
    I' ll be in Dakar in august, so I will be on the lookout. I think however that you might be able to find these things much easier where you live. (I was there last year for a week, Bucharest and Constanza)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Romania Bucharest
    Posts
    1,026
    imposible .. those pick-up are very special .. they made their way to dakar over the desert ... ... but if i think a bit more .. those holes in the roads are more than a match for the dunes
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
    Posts
    339
    What kind of pick-up are you talking about??
    may someone put a pic of it??
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4

    I love you too

    I wonder if somebody from Brazil can tell me who's the # 1 ever icon in car racing history...? Or who was Ayrton's lifetime idol and friend...? Or a brazilian car constructor as famous as De Tomaso or currently selling as much super sport cars as Mr. Pagani ? Anyways....no thread war intended, just a reminder that this is a forum that makes people get closer in its passion about cars rather than a place to let people know about you bias.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1
    Cars Are the Passion to drive which are being the Expression which we love to drive it on an top speed .............

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lake Parsippany, New Jersey
    Posts
    12

    "Simca" Itamaraty 1967

    Quote Originally Posted by piledriver
    it is a Simca Itamaraty 1967.
    there isnīt weird vehicles here, because the greatest car manufacturers has factories here...
    see the thread Brazilian Astra vs European Astra in the European cars forum, to see some cars sold here...
    or take a look at www.gm.com.br or www.ford.com.br and you see that cars sold in europe are sold too here...
    In 1955, Willys produced their last car in the United States, and parent Kaiser-Jeep Corporation concentrated production on their Jeep line of vehicles. The manufacturing equipment was sent to Brazil and in 1960, the first vehicles from Aero-Willys do Brasil left the assembly lines.

    In 1966, the luxurious Itamaraty was launched alongside the Aero-Willys 2600, Renault Dauphine and Jeep Trucks.

    In 1968, control of the company passed to Ford, who dropped the Itamaraty Executivo, because it was thought to be to competitive with the Brazilian-made Ford Galaxie 500.

    In 1972, the last Aero and Itamaraty models were sold, to make room for the launch of the 1973 Ford Maverick.

    At the roughly the same time, Simca do Brasil produced and sold the Simca Chambord from 1960 to 1966 and then the restyled Simca (and Chrysler, who took control in this time) Regent, Esplanada and GTX, all of which were replaced by the Brazilian-made Dodge Dart in 1969.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •