Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citroën C-Crosser 2007-2012

Citroën C-Crosser 2007-2012

RELEASE IMMEDIATE 06/86
    26 October 2006

CITROËN ADDS AN EXTRA DIMENSIONWITH THE NEW C-CROSSER

Citroën has announced first details of its exciting new Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), that is set to add an extra dimension to the French manufacturer’s range when it goes on sale in Europe from summer 2007. The versatile Citroën C-Crosser boasts four-wheel drive capability, exceptional levels of space and comfort, as well as an advanced, fuel efficient HDi diesel engine equipped with environmentally-friendly Diesel Particulate Filter System.

Taking its name from the four-wheel drive concept car that Citroën first displayed at the 2001 Frankfurt Motor Show, the new C-Crosser’s elegant proportions (4.64m long, 1.81m wide and 1.73m high including roof bars) and powerfully sculpted design lines envelop sufficient interior space to seat up to seven passengers.

Immediately catching the eye, the C-Crosser’s robust good looks are fronted by the dominant chevrons that stretch across the bonnet into the streamlined front headlamps, ensuring that it is instantly recognisable as a Citroën. A multiple-ribbed bonnet, chunky wheel arches, the smart use of chrome detailing and the sleek window lines further enhance the C-Crosser’s dynamic styling.

The C-Crosser will be available with Citroën’s impressive, new generation 156bhp 2.2HDi engine mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Capable of producing 380Nm of torque this dieselpowerplant also boasts impressive green credentials, offering low fuel consumption, the ability to run on 30% bio-diesel and a Diesel Particulate Filter System that reduces particle emissions to virtually immeasurable levels.

With the C-Crosser’s integral transmission, drivers have a choice of three settings, dependent on road conditions and driving style: two-wheel drive, four-wheel drive and a lock setting designed for low-grip conditions. Ensuring an optimum blend of comfort, road holding and off-road capability, Citroën’s new SUV is equipped with MacPherson strut front and multi-link rear suspension, combined with 18-inch Michelin tyres for added grip.

Occupants will also benefit from the easily reconfigured second and third row of seats, which can be folded away quickly and effortlessly to provide a flat floor and vast load space. The rear two seats can be completely hidden away under the floor, while the second row of seating, which slides to offer greater leg room or boot space, features a 60:40 split/fold function that is operated via electric controls in the boot.

Making it easier to load bulky objects, the tailgate opens in two sections. The lower part is able to support up to 200kg, allowing it to double up as an al fresco seat, perfect for owners with an SUV lifestyle based around a love of outdoor pursuits.

The new C-Crosser rounds off Citroën’s range of mid- and top-end cars, ensuring there is a vehicle to suit all needs, whether it be for an SUV, a versatile people carrier (C4 Picasso or C8), an executive saloon (C6) or a comfortable family car (C4 or C5). The Xsara Picasso and Berlingo Multispace MPVs dominate their respective sectors, while at the same time the Company is continuing to pursue its strategy of offering a range of individual yet complementary small cars, with the C1, C2, C3 and C3 Pluriel.

End
    Attached Images Attached Images

The rear of this looks exactly the same as the peugeot 4007 and the front as well except for the grill and citoren badge, not a good car to emulate in design
    Last edited by Duell; 05-11-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

argh
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    The rear of this looks exactly the same as the peugeot 4007 and the front as well except for the grill and citoren badge, not a good car to emulate in design
    And the new peugeot 4007 is based on the new Mitubishi Outlander.
    It just sucks, VW showed us that it is possible to share a frame without letting them look the same. Touareg, Cayenne, Q7. Okay its a bit more expensive. But this just doesn't make sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images

These PSA things remind me of all those badge-engineered versions of the Farina BMCs - same drink in a slightly different glass

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    These PSA things remind me of all those badge-engineered versions of the Farina BMCs - same drink in a slightly different glass
    apparently Mitsubishi accepts anything to survive.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    apparently Mitsubishi accepts anything to survive.
    Survival is not an option for Mitsu-AU

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2006/s1772688.htm

argh
    This must be your worst nightmare!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    This must be your worst nightmare!!!
    sort of

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Survival is not an option for Mitsu-AU

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2006/s1772688.htm
    so they would stay as importers only? Tell them about the new quality products available from France now.

sort of
    Besides your son rolling up the driveway in a Caynne

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    Besides your son rolling up the driveway in a Caynne

Fortunately we don't have a driveway

He could make one in the Cayenne...or at least try to
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    He could make one in the Cayenne...or at least try to
    never

wow, looking just at the back you can tell it's anything but citroen...

but all in all i think it's not that bad... looks ok, but who would like french SUVs... suv style + french style = not cool
    12 cylinders or walk!

Thread Information