Thread: First glimpse from Geneva with mighty Koenigsegg and Bentley ...

First glimpse from Geneva with mighty Koenigsegg and Bentley ...

This morning, the annual Geneva Motor Show kicked off and we have been very busy gathering material for our comprehensive report and gallery due tomorrow. To give you a small glimpse of what to expect, we have already taken a detailed look at the mighty Koenigsegg Regera. The name translates from Swedish as 'to reign', which is a bold but apt description for the new Koenigsegg. The luxury coupe with removable roof section is powered by the familiar twin-turbo V8 engine but also features a total of three electric motors, which lift the power of the car to over 1,500 bhp and a startling 2,000 Nm of torque! Strictly limited to just 80 examples, the Regera will be built in Koenigsegg new production facility alongside the existing Agera models.
    Already released last night but also very impressive is the Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6. At the moment, the compact coupe is still a concept or experimental car but we fully expect the striking machine to enter production in the near future. However, we don't the Speed 6 will be powered by a monumental straight six like its legendary namesake.

Enjoy the links:

2015 Koenigsegg Regera - Images, Specifications and Information

2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

That Koenigsegg has no gearbox. At all. Whatsoever. That is... interesting?

And the Bentley looks rather good, but I'm not sure I see the point.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's cool; that's the point. I thought the Hunaudieres was dope in the day. The interior is really nice as well. This is coming from someone who is typically not big into Bentleys.

So is an F-Type, which sounds brilliant and is rather exciting.

The 911 offers that sense of Germanness and an engine in the back.

The V8 Vantage offers a sonorous V8 and oldschool British manners.

The Corvette is an ode to pushrods, goes like stink and undercuts all of them in price.

Even the i8 is unique and electrifying.

In the end, I fail to see with what the Speed 6 would contribute to the segment...
    Visca Catalunya!

It'll be like a Vantage but with more brawn. Aston's are a little delicate to be proper old school British Brawn nowadays.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I think - although Bentley will make noise about the Speed 6's sportiness - that this will be far more luxury/comfort oriented than any of those cars you mentioned. The interior will be akin to an autocrat's palace, it will weigh as much as a house, and it will glide over road imperfections as though they weren't there.

It'll be an old school GT, in the sense that it is all about touring, luxury and speed. This as opposed to some modern GTs, which seem to be more interested in rivaling proper sportscars whilst sacrificing ride quality. This car has a nice little part of the segment carved out for it, and is definitely bringing something new to the table. More SL than Vanquish or F-Type or XK; and yet at a higher level of luxury than any of the aforementioned three.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That Koenigsegg has no gearbox. At all. Whatsoever. That is... interesting?
    They told us that the only gearbox capable of coping with 2,000 Nm of torque came off a truck and weighed in excess of 300 kg. I understood this single-speed final drive unit weighs less than 50 kg.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Here's some talk-o-splaining about it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWm8xEapjuQ"]Koenigsegg Regera at Geneva 2015 | evo MOTOR SHOWS - YouTube[/ame]
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thank you, both.

If anyone understands Spanish, there's also this:

Te explicamos cómo funciona el Koenigsegg Regera sin caja de cambios
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information