Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out with the old, in with the new (to me)

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.

Out with the old, in with the new (to me)

Well with gas where it is and me wanting to take some roadtrips, I ditched the van. As good as it was out on the road, the gas mileage SUCKED.

What's more is, I think I've seen the light . I found myself a nice '04 SVT Focus and drove it home yesterday. I had been looking off and on for a Focus, and when I found this with low miles for just a few bucks more than a regular one, I had to have it. Not to mention it'll be a lot more satisfying than a standard Focus and will hold its resale value much, much better. Incidentally, this is also the first car I've ever financed.

It's a great little car. Good-looking, IMHO, surprisingly responsive, with an easygoing, responsive clutch. Although it's not my forte, it handles like it's on rails, and the ride isn't too bad considering. Plus, I got just over 31mpg on the 120-mile drive home from Dallas .

It's bone stock now. I may or may not do some mods, and if I do they'll be basic ones since I'm still not so hot on modding computerized cars. If you have any suggestions, let me know! I'm so impressed with this little car that I think I'm even starting to appreciate modern cars!

So here it is, one only 313 Infra-Red 3-door SVT Hatchbacks made in 2004:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Great choice man.

I love SVT Foci

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    If you have any suggestions, let me know!
    Euro spec bumpers.

Awsome car, man.

Can't argue with 31mpg AND fun.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Fun car with decent power, good choice

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Always loved the focus, though been wary because I've heard some not so nice things from owners. Hope it treats you well. For mods i'd say Xenons for sure would look crazy at night.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Thanks for the kind words!

My first car was actually an '00 ZTS sedan. It had squeaky brakes and a mirror fell out during routine washing...otherwise very reliable. This one's still solid, no squeaks, and everything works, so I think they ironed out the wrinkles. Nicely designed, too. Everything's easy to reach, the back seat's good sized for such a small car, and it has decent cargo room out back as well. Plus the engine is smooth and well-mannered, and revs out very cleanly. If I had a complaint, it would be that the a/c really drains the engine of power, and the wipers are VERY hard to use. It also needs premium to perform at its best.

I've heard a lot of noise about the Euro-spec bumpers, but on searching I just can't see the difference between them and the US-spec ones...?

As for xenons...I don't think I'd subject anybody else to that torture. If it had had HID's, I'd have passed on the car altogether, in fact.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Euro spec bumpers.
    I was going to suggest boost (and lots of it), but that's probably a better place to start.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I just can't see the difference between them and the US-spec ones...?
    The Euro Focus' rear bumper looks like it belongs on that car.

The US Focus' rear bumper looks like they stuck on something they found lying around at the back of the factory that just happened to be the right colour.

Also, for some reason I can't quite fathom, the US focus appears to have a straight top-edge to the "grille", despite the fact that the aperture is curved...

Someone really must have been hung over when they "federalised" that thing.

Still - at least you got it, and you seem to be appreciating its class-leading handling prowess.

What's more is, I think I've seen the light .
    we need more of you
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

and if I do they'll be basic ones since I'm still not so hot on modding computerized cars
    Believe me, it is easier than you think ! Unless you do major mods the current computers are able to cope with slight differences from normal use. Also the programming can be downloaded for a few euro from specialized companies.

I upgraded my dad's C5 on school recently. According to the dynometer it reaches about 12 extra hp, while maintaining almost the same mileage.

I hope you enjoy your ride ! I loved the only Focus I have ever driven in, it is indeed a class leader in handling. Compared to other leading brands, it is reasonably reliable too(euro version), so you shouldnt have too many probems if you treat it nicely !

Happy motoring !

Looks to be very neat jcp and I bet those US bumpers could deliver a reasonable level of protection within the American milieu, unlike euro-spec

I like the SVT Focus a lot, there's one in the parking lot outside my room.

I can't think of any mods to name, looks quite good as it. Maybe a K&N or a nice set of rubber at the corners.. but that's about it.

I despise Ford for the Focus mk2, the mk1 is better in every way other than maybe interior but so!? When it looks that good, who cares!!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Sod the bumper, that looks awesome, try an Euro-spec grille and headlights- the indicators in the grille look shit...

Otherwise, that is a totally awesome car. Fords, in the main, are lovely to drive. That's basically an ST170, right?

Thread Information