Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Ferrari F12tdf 2015-2017

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,320

    Ferrari F12tdf 2015-2017

    Ghastly... #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,320
    ...but with a normally aspirated V12 that revs all the way up to 11 #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954
    Sick of all the people on various other websites claiming it looks like a C7 Vette when in fact the F12berlinetta was released before the Vette was. I'm thankful this crowd has the wherewithal to not whine and complain although Ferrari shouldn't have painted it yellow

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Delft
    Posts
    3,993
    I think this car is actually called F12tdf instead of spelling it out Tour de France. Because Ferrari didn't want to pay ASO for using it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    I think this car is actually called F12tdf instead of spelling it out Tour de France. Because Ferrari didn't want to pay ASO for using it.
    I knew it was called this way, but I thought it was stupid (they could have spell it TdF and separate it from the model name) and looke terrible.

    EDIT Also, what's the point of naming your car after a motorsport event and then putting it wrong becuase you don't want to pay?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,536
    Because cynical cash-in on your own history for all the wrong reasons while undermining the actual product being presented?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    ...but with a normally aspirated V12 that revs all the way up to 11 #2



    Cool, I love this one, the model and its color's brilliant
    speed also certainly does not need to ask again
    this is amazing
    Last edited by Duell; 10-15-2015 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Removed spam/hyperlink

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,650
    Granted I didn't read the entire press release, but I'm not sure why the Tour de France should be associated with a Ferrari.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Delft
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Granted I didn't read the entire press release, but I'm not sure why the Tour de France should be associated with a Ferrari.
    Ferrari refers with this "tdf" to there original 250 Tour de France models which they made after winning the "Tour de France" automobile race back in the days.
    (which has nothing to do with the bicycle race)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Sick of all the people on various other websites claiming it looks like a C7 Vette when in fact the F12berlinetta was released before the Vette was. I'm thankful this crowd has the wherewithal to not whine and complain although Ferrari shouldn't have painted it yellow
    The proportions do resemble a Corvette in my eyes though.

    That being said, when you add in crash regulations and aerodynamics, there's only a certain amount of leeway you can get with styling.

    After the F430 I haven't really been a big fan of Ferrari styling, and this continues that trend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Ferrari refers with this "tdf" to there original 250 Tour de France models which they made after winning the "Tour de France" automobile race back in the days.
    (which has nothing to do with the bicycle race)
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's a good idea to bring up an old marque, as very young people won't know the reason behind the name and aren't wealthy enough to buy it anyway.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    2,728
    #3 No turbos, no hybrids here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    2,728
    #4 Nothing beats a big normally aspirated V12 at the front, driving the rear wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    2,728
    #5 Ä110,000 more expensive than the F12 Berlinetta.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    2,728
    #6 No more than 799 units will be made. All of them are sold to selected customers with at least five other Ferraris in their collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    2,728
    #7 This is one of those rare modern supercars that demand respect and thought to drive it quickly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. all cars all years 0-60 and 1/4mile time
    By matheus in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-26-2015, 06:29 PM
  2. Really useful performance listings...
    By Egg Nog in forum Technical forums
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM
  3. Ferrari 458 Italia 2009-2015
    By nopassn in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 06:46 AM
  4. Ferrari Challenge
    By DarkPhenix in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 03:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •