Welcome everyone to the new Toyota Soarer #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's got the world first production 10 speed automatic gearbox #2
    Visca Catalunya!

The engine is a 5 litre V8, the same as in the F models, in this case with 467bhp #3
    Visca Catalunya!

The LC500 does 0 to 60 in 4,5 seconds #4
    Visca Catalunya!

Unlike the previous Soarer, this new model is a 2 door coupé #5
    Visca Catalunya!

The LC débuts the new GA-L platform which will underpin most future Lexuses. Apparently it is more rigid than the LFA chassis #6
    Visca Catalunya!

The blue car is the LC500h, the hybrid version which will be officially unveiled in the upcoming Geneva Motorshow #7
    Visca Catalunya!

I like where Lexus is heading, at least until 2020 when they supposedly switch over to hydrogen I believe, based off the speech Mr. Toyoda made.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEsGunZuf_s"]Replay: All-New Lexus LC 500 Revealed Live! - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not on board. I was surprised to see the press so gaga over this car. It still looks very weird to me; the overall shape is quite pleasing but the details (specifically, huge-ass ugly grille, ridiculously over-complex and busy headlights) are all wrong. This will be quite heavy (it looks visually heavy), and seems very boulevard cruiser-esque. Which isn't a bad thing.

I'm trying to make a list of competitors for this in my mind and having a bit of a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I'm not on board. I was surprised to see the press so gaga over this car. It still looks very weird to me; the overall shape is quite pleasing but the details (specifically, huge-ass ugly grille, ridiculously over-complex and busy headlights) are all wrong. This will be quite heavy (it looks visually heavy), and seems very boulevard cruiser-esque. Which isn't a bad thing.

I'm trying to make a list of competitors for this in my mind and having a bit of a time.
    I think the styling is slightly off, but it is certainly the most interesting thing any Japanese carmaker makes right now (I'm looking especially at you Honda).

I don't think this is a hard core sports car, but I think this would go up nicely against a Jaguar F-Type, Porsche 911, Chevy Corvette, Audi R8, and the Mercedes AMG GT. I think it's to start right under $100,000. Maybe the Nissan GT-R too?

I don't think this is a rival for the F-Types and 911s, I see it more softer-edged, more of a cruiser than an out-and-out sportscar. I think its main rivals will be the BMW 6 Series and the Mercedes-Benz SL (and possibly the upper ranges of the E-Class Coupé once it's out).

I like it because it looks special. It looks like a concept car straight out of the floor of a motorshow. Still, I don't know if I'd buy one. The GS-F is 550i performance for M5 money and I guess this will be even more expensive.

I'm also not sure about the ten speed gearbox. The 8 speed ZF gearboxes I have driven can be a bit fussy when cruising and during gradual speed changes and I guess that having more gears will only make it worse.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The blue car is the LC500h, the hybrid version which will be officially unveiled in the upcoming Geneva Motorshow #7
    It has a 4-speed auto, but for reasons that make sense.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Interesting article indeed.

But actually did you know that Toyota's hybrids do not have a CVT, but a sort of planetary gearsets that act like a CVT?

Since I'm no engineer I can't explain it, but I'm sure some of the experts can come here an explain it (cough*Miles*cough).

By the way, it's all very well, but the future green fun motoring was already invented by Honda before. I don't understand why everyone hated the CR-Z...
    Visca Catalunya!

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a fan of the Lexus styling. Brilliant engineering, but holy hell, even something as simple as the plethora of button designs in any of their interiors makes my OCD go completely bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

This, so much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I like it because it looks special. It looks like a concept car straight out of the floor of a motorshow. Still, I don't know if I'd buy one. The GS-F is 550i performance for M5 money and I guess this will be even more expensive.
    The GS-F I actually took a closer look at just last weekend. It was comfortable and nice to sit in but... no, just no.

I don't like them partly because of their wildly incoherent design, and partly because they scream "look at me! I'm special" so hard.

This is coming from someone with a couple of supercharged V8s, with body kits, loud exhausts, and shit.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    The GS-F I actually took a closer look at just last weekend. It was comfortable and nice to sit in but... no, just no.
    I hate the F's diagonally stacked exhausts.

I like the GS-F in concept, but not in price. I am also not a fan of current styling, in general.

A while a go I drove an IS300h. It was a nice car but hardly a sports saloon.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information