Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 2016

No it wasn't, and China last week, like Bahrain, was a cracker.

Well you win some and lose some.

How does Hamilton get away with passing 3 or 4 cars on first lap while "exceeding the track limits" by staying on the throttle and going around the outside of the bollard, and then not giving back those places? He clearly had "all four wheels" outside the lines, yet nary a mention of giving back those places during the safety car laps.

Because most of the cars he passed were in the middle of crashing into each other, then the ones that weren't Vettel pitted. There wasn't a place to give back.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

What a race. Undoubtedly helped by both Mercs crashing into each other on the first lap, but still.

Also today we have had confirmation of what we already knew, we have a future World Champion.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Indeed, Max has a great future, it seems. Enjoyed his calm driving today (although was hoping that Kimi would grab that win).

I was aggravated at how tight the damn circuit was, as I usually am. The strategies for Dan - and Seb especially - left me scratching my head. An incredible result for Max. It was impressive he and Kimi didn't let the tires fall off, and surprising Seb and Dan didn't catch up.

There was a brilliant moment on the Sky coverage where Brundle told Seb to stop whining after he moaned about Riccardio being too aggressive.

Shut up Sebastian.

EDIT: Saddest/angriest driver of the day award goes to Daniil Kvyat. He got screwed.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 05-15-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Was Ricciardo deliberately left with a worse strategy so that Verstappen (and Red Bull...) would make the headlines?

Also, I doubt Kvyat will be able to recover from the downgrade.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Was Ricciardo deliberately left with a worse strategy so that Verstappen (and Red Bull...) would make the headlines?

Also, I doubt Kvyat will be able to recover from the downgrade.
    No, there's no way that the power that be thought the 3-stopper wouldn't win out, not with Vettel being on same. Having the other driver on a 2-stopper was a bet hedger, which would have changed had indications indicated that to be a good idea early on.

Agreed.

Welp, that was a pretty meh Not Particularly European F1 race.

What I'm surprised about is that nobody crashed and there were no Safety Cars at all...
    Visca Catalunya!

Yea the commentary team was remarking on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ringle View Post
    How does Hamilton get away with passing 3 or 4 cars on first lap while "exceeding the track limits" by staying on the throttle and going around the outside of the bollard, and then not giving back those places? He clearly had "all four wheels" outside the lines, yet nary a mention of giving back those places during the safety car laps.

So, I will ask again after Mexico: How does Hamilton get away with an eight to ten car advantage by cutting through the grass after locking up and missing both turns one and two? Had he come back on track before turn two he surely would have been behind Nico and possibly other cars. Max makes the same move later in the race and is penalized. Hamilton clearly gained a huge advantage and yet again it went unpunished.
    (I think there will be some more stringent rules on "Track Limits" starting from Brazil next week.)

On Lance Stroll: Word has it that his billionaire father has spent in the neighborhood of $80,000,000 to get his son to this point in his racing career. Is this what F1 has become? I sure hope it is not the future of F1 drivers.

On Vettel: What an absolute dickhead. Multi-millionaire spoiled brat that can't cope with being in a semi-competitive car. Go drive a Manor or even a Haas and then report back. Totally unacceptable comments toward Charlie. I think he should have been given a two-race ban and sat out the rest of this season.

On Ross Brawn: I can only hope he hires on with FOM and replaces Bernie as soon as possible for the good of the sport.

I saw that too, some people were arguing about the rules with cutting the track. You have to demonstrate a clear advantage via gains in position. The argument there was that he technically didn't gain positions, therefore he punishment shouldn't be pursued. Also, he was avoiding a wreck, so maybe there's some justification there?

I'm not familiar with rules and regulations of F1, so I can't really comment on that, but even if he didn't gain any positions, he certainly gained a lot of time that way. At the very least he should have driven through the pits as a penalty.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think Lewis Hamilton is a big complainer, so I don't like him.

What a race by Verstappen in Brazil. If only Redbull hadn't ****ed up the strategy so badly...

Also, F1 drivers should man up.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    What a race by Verstappen in Brazil. If only Redbull hadn't ****ed up the strategy so badly...

Also, F1 drivers should man up.
    The strategy was the only thing that allowed him to race like that. Having new wet tires was what gave him the ability to pass cars. Otherwise he would have probably been second and not passed another car with the used tires he had on.

Thread Information