Thread: Daihatsu Rocky (F300 & F310) 1987-1998

Daihatsu Rocky (F300 & F310) 1987-1998

The Daihatsu Rocky is a mini SUV that was manufactured by Japanese automaker Daihatsu between 1987 and 1998.

It is known as the Daihatsu "Lovibond" Rocky in Japan, also known as the Daihatsu Sportrak in UK and the Daihatsu Feroza in other parts of Latin America, Australasia and Europe.

To avoid confusion, owners often refer to the models by their factory model number F-300 or F-310. The F-310 variant, marketed as the MkII Sportrak or Feroza II featured a flared guards to accommodate a wider track than the F-300.

Fitted with a Daihatsu 1600 cc SOHC 16Valve inline-four petrol engine, Carburated or EFI, linked via a manual gearbox or Aisin automatic transmission, propshaft and differential to the front wheels and rear axle to provide either four wheel drive or two wheel drive depending on the driver requirement. 2WD, 4WD Low and 4WD High are selected using a selector next to the gear stick in the cabin. Full-time 4WD with lockable inter-axle differential version were available, but without Low speed in transfer case.

The Feroza was powered by a 1589 cc SOHC 16-valve four-cylinder engine, Daihatsu model HD-E or HD-C. Power ranged between 75 and 105 PS (55 and 77 kW) in Japan. It was available with a three-door body only, and was one of the first mini SUVs introduced by Japanese manufacturers during the 1980s. In Europe and Australia, the Rocky was known as the Daihatsu Feroza, as the name "Rocky" was used for the larger Rugger/Fourtrak in most countries. The export model had a detuned version of the more powerful engine, with 95 PS (70 kW). As the Rocky, this was one of two models, alongside the Charade, sold in the United States during Daihatsu's brief presence in that market.

A 16-valve 1.6 litre multi-point injected engine was available in Australia. The Australian Feroza II SXP variant with roces (regd) was available in 1993 although the carburettor model was dropped from the Japanese lineup, with only the 95/105 PS engine remaining in the lineup. Italian manufacturer Bertone built a variation powered by the BMW M40 engine, with 100 PS (74 kW) called the Bertone Freeclimber II. The Rocky/Feroza was partially replaced in 1998 by the Terios.

The F300 Rocky/Feroza underwent some very minor facelifts during its production, mostly limited to different grilles with early cars having a chromed unit. The taillights were mounted in the bodywork, but some cars had blinds in these spaces and instead carried their taillights in the rear bumper.

Source: wikipedia.org
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Daihatsu Feroza #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ferrer... I have a Daihatsu Feroza. F300 I think. SWB. 3 door. 1.6 L, EFi Gasoline engine. Auto transmission.
    Engine is totally blown. Am not sure about transmission. May be that is also breathing its last. Anyway.... I live in Pakistan, with not much support in spares for Feroza/Rocky.
    Do you have any knowledge re fitting a Toyota Engine.... say a 2 ZZ or anyother similar engine? ( that I can get spares for easily ). I don't want to change the transmission as of now. So, I am looking for an engine that will fit bolt on the the bell housing.
    I know that I will still need to look into the electronics, etc. but I hope that can be done. I am not comfortable with machining a plate to join a different engine to a different housing.
    If possible, email me at irfankhattak64.at.hotmail.com
    Thanks a lot Sir

Edited Email address
    Last edited by henk4; 11-07-2018 at 10:56 PM. Reason: removed the @ to avoid unwanted spam.

Thread Information