Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown
    Not the insurance, wanted a new car. I needed it to last me through college and be fairly docile. This v6 Mustang fit the bill nicely. I hate to buy used, too many bad experiences. I can go over the car with a toothbrush, looking for bad gaskets, rust, listening for noises, any kind of imbalances, etc. Then, the next day, all of my gaskets start to leak, the floor falls out from under me, The motor and transmission mounts all self-destruct, leaving me with an engine flopping around on the k-member and a broken driveshaft, etc.
    Wow, you have had some bad experiences... What the hell cars did you buy? You can easily get a 98+ f-body with about 50K miles on it for around 12K, thats what im looking for, and its going to last through collage for me too.
    Don't really know about insurance difference between v8 and v6, the 87 Camaro IROC with the modded 350 was a beast; but, it was cheaper to insure than the mustang because it was 17 years old.
    If i remember right its really not that far off, its worth it to get the V8.

That Camaro SS isn't bad from that quarter-view, but overall that's some ugly shit! I absolutely loved the third gens though, and the fourth-gen firebird transam.
    I just dont get you man... But I too prefer the looks of teh firebird to the camaro.

Forgot to add something, I know my 250 mph car isn't realistic (I was just kidding about it). I'll have to fabricate my own fiberglass body some day and put it on a single seat tube frame with a LS2 on the back to power the rear wheels.
    Sure, and ill be there helping you put that thing together!

Damn't, forgot something else, in order to stay well on topic I think this should be the 2007 camaro body - http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/chevr...vmWouZojCuf78F
    Ohhhh, just look at that modern, aerodynamic beauty. Imagine that 2600 pound baby in rear wheel drive with a modern 5.7. I'd buy it.
    Ok, now youve crossed the line, i hope your kidding! YUCK!

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Hmm...get a real steel body, a big block V8, and cut the luxuries down to power steering, power brakes, and a radio. That's a new car even I'd consider, just like the real muscle cars except for EFI.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Perth, Australia Voted Most Livable City In the World City 4 times in three years and Runner up 3 times
    Its rubbish not real not going to look like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FastFalcon
    haha, i hate that damn word "rubbish".
    Anyway, rumor has it that if the Camaro does come back that its going to probably be the retro like style of the Mustang.

fight apples with apples i guess
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by FastFalcon
    No, I swear, its going to look exactly like this!!!

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/chevr...vmWouZojCuf78F

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown
    No, I swear, its going to look exactly like this!!!

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/chevr...vmWouZojCuf78F
    Yeah right, I don't think GM could be so stupid to think that they could sell that thing as a Camaro.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I was being... sarcastic, heh heh.

I could be wrong, but these concepts look like two-seaters only, and they look really nice with the short canopies, but I wonder if GM would build it like that just because it looks that good. I, for one, never used the back seats of my last 2+2 for anything but a backpack or two, and that was back when I had to carry around a bag for school. Nowadays I don't think I'd have a use for the little "storage areas", because I was never sadistic enough to try to put friends in the back of a 3000GT (I sat in the back once out of curiosity, it wasn't something I needed to try twice).

Looking closer, I think I see two sets of headrests in the pictures of the green one, but it looks like it would be an awful stretch of the imagination to think a person could fit there. I hope that if they do bring the F-body back that they don't give it clamshell doors.

Hey Folks,
    I've been following this thread and my resident camaro expert here told me that the new look would be similar to the early 90's Ford Probe. He said he wasn't kidding. I'm not a GM fan but that would be a shame.
    Chaos is the natural order

Quote Originally Posted by Entropyman
    Hey Folks,
    I've been following this thread and my resident camaro expert here told me that the new look would be similar to the early 90's Ford Probe. He said he wasn't kidding. I'm not a GM fan but that would be a shame.
    Yes that would be a shame Does your resident expert have any pics or drawings of his claim?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Yes that would be a shame Does your resident expert have any pics or drawings of his claim?
    No, but the information depressed him to no end so I think, at least, that he believed it.

No, but the information depressed him to no end so I think, at least, that he believed it.
    But where did he get the info? From someone inside GM? I really hope GM comes out with a 69 inspired Camaro, if not I won't be able to compete with the 2005 Mustang, sprecially if it looks like a Probe!!

He said it was Popular Mechanics so take that for what it's worth. I don't know how credible they are in this field.

He said it was Popular Mechanics so take that for what it's worth. I don't know how credible they are in this field.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it then. (PHEW!!) I'd be worried if one of the major car only mags had proof like spy shots or even official photos. Boy that's a load off my mind...for now.

Thread Information