Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 crash

F1 crash

when you start ot watch this you only see one accident going to happen that WOAH omg you see more accidents
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    WOAH! dats one big crash!
    very nice vid man... thnx!

too bad the vid lags a bit and there no sound... coz i'd like to hear the sound when the cars hit each other...

EDIT: i attached this video file... its an old video of an f1 crash where the driver was killed u can actually see the driver flew out of the car when the car fliped in the air and crash down on the ground...

NOTE: this video may be offensive to some people... if u guys dont like it, i will remove it
    Last edited by r1ckst4; 07-22-2004 at 04:49 AM. Reason: video attachment
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    WOAH! dats one big crash!
    very nice vid man... thnx!

too bad the vid lags a bit and there no sound... coz i'd like to hear the sound when the cars hit each other...

yes that is a bit unfortunate but still a great vid i think

edit / why would that be offensive to some people
    Last edited by mustang123; 07-22-2004 at 04:51 AM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    when you start ot watch this you only see one accident going to happen that WOAH omg you see more accidents
    Spa Francochamps 1998
    A day DC would want to forget.
    After destroying his McLaren in that incedent, he then had Schumacher run into the back of him later in the race.
    Thanks for all the fish

Spa 1998

I remember watching that race on the TV when it happened. It was pretty incredible. No one was hurt luckily, but the race ended up being incredibly bizarre with Damon Hill in the Jordan eventually winning after Schumacher slammed into DC in the poor weather. After Schuey got out of the car, he tried to strangle DC such was his frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    EDIT: i attached this video file... its an old video of an f1 crash where the driver was killed u can actually see the driver flew out of the car when the car fliped in the air and crash down on the ground...

NOTE: this video may be offensive to some people... if u guys dont like it, i will remove it
    This is Gilles Villeneuve getting killed isn't it?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

those tires bouncing around look pretty dangerous. nice vid though.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    This is Gilles Villeneuve getting killed isn't it?
    What is going on there?
    The car appears to just take off.
    I am assuming he ran wide off the track and dug in, causing the car to flip.
    Doesn't look good
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    What is going on there?
    The car appears to just take off.
    I am assuming he ran wide off the track and dug in, causing the car to flip.
    Doesn't look good
    What happened is that he had just hit a (for him) invisible Jochen Mass which was going slowly just over the hill and very close to the ideal line. It is the other car in the video. The place is Zolder 1982.
    Last edited by henk4; 07-22-2004 at 04:56 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I did wonder if there was contact as the other car slowed down so much, but it didn't seem particularly damaged.
    I guess the cars were a bit more substansial in some areas, and less in others back then.
    Thanks for all the fish

What happened is that he had just hit a (for him) invisible Jochen Mass which was going slowly just over the hill and very close to the ideal line. It is the other car in the video. The place is Zolder 1982.
    It was one of those tragic racing accidents.

Mass was being lapped, Villeneuve was flat out and expected Mass to go left, Mass went right to let him pass. Villeneuve touched the rear tyre of Mass which lifted the nose of the Ferrari and it somersaulted, throwing Villeneuve out. So long ago and I still remember the horror of it. A bad day for F1

A great man, photo attached of him in 1981 at Silverstone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It was one of those tragic racing accidents.

Mass was being lapped, Villeneuve was flat out and expected Mass to go left, Mass went right to let him pass. Villeneuve touched the rear tyre of Mass which lifted the nose of the Ferrari and it somersaulted, throwing Villeneuve out. So long ago and I still remember the horror of it. A bad day for F1

A great man, photo attached of him in 1981 at Silverstone
    The accident actually took place during practice on Saturday, Mass was doing a slow lap.

The accident actually took place during practice on Saturday, Mass was doing a slow lap.
    sorry henk, in English we use 'lapped' for any fast car overtaking a slow one on track for whatever reason
    It happens to me a lot on trackdays when Caterham superlights are out
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    sorry henk, in English we use 'lapped' for any fast car overtaking a slow one on track for whatever reason
    It happens to me a lot on trackdays when Caterham superlights are out

that's fine with me, but it was still during saturday's practice

that's fine with me, but it was still during saturday's practice
    huh ??
    are we now debating whether the English term "racing accident" only happens on race days.
    It doesn't I know from bitter experience

Thread Information