Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Annual UCP Awards

The Annual UCP Awards

People here on the UCP forums are not always recognized with rep or a thanks or, in some cases, a negative rep or temporary banning of. These awards are here to recognize those who have contributed greatly to these forums of UCP.
    Here's how it works. In this post is a list of categories. Choose who you think deserves each award based upon the description of each category. Private message me a list of who you chose for what category. No more than one person may be selected for one category. Later, I will tally up the votes and the winners will be announced sometime soon afterwards in a new thread.
    Now it's time to get started. Get your minds whirring and think back to every experience you've had here on UCP! Voting will close in 5 days, from this June 15, 2004 (for you US folks anyhow).

Categories:

1) Overall most improved member - The member selected should have made a vast improvement in their contributions to the forums and has made UCP a better place, praised by all other members for becoming such a great member in little time.

2) Overall Best Member - This member should be thoguht of as a "UCP Idol," or who you think has been the most helpful and most knowledgeable member. Basically, without this person, UCP wouldn't be what it is today: a great forum and a great place to maybe just relax. They have contributed the most to these forums.

3) Spammer Award - Someone who likes to post a lot, showing their great love of UCP, although they could stop with the posts a bit. They try to communicate more and keep these forums alive. Think of basing this on something like: without this person, UCP would be a barren desert.

4) Respect Award - This person shows respect to everyone and in return receives respect from all other members. This member is praised not for kindness, but for honesty and a 'true' person.

5) Kindest Person - This member has the ability to turn a frown upside,
    maybe with just a joke, a praise, or who knows. They are able to say nice things only, and are praised for it.

6) Funniest - The funniest of the crowd, who is able to make everyone's day just a bit better by making a smile form on their face or a laugh. They are praised for their sense of humor.

7) Most knowledgeable - This person has a great knowledge of cars and is respected greatly for it. They are able to ace any of the quizzes here and share their knowledge with everyone around them.

8) Most impact - The person here who has made the biggest impact on your life, who has shaped you to be different as a human being. This can be either in a positive or negative manner.

9) UCP Shaper - Like the overall best but on a lesser scale. Who has made UCP what it is today? It could be a moderator or anyone you choose. They have contributed greatly to the forums as well.

10) Most Helpful - Who has been the most helpful person to you? This member should be known as a helping hand to others, always there to help you out with whatever, anything at all, even school.

11) Most Mature - Who here is the msot mature for their age? Think hard about this one. The person selected should be very thoughtful of others.

Well, that's it! Please private message me with your votes, and I'll be sure to post up the results in 5 days or so!

for all 11 of these catorgories i would like to nominate Matra et alpine....hes so far beyond all of these.

Most improved: Cotterick
    UCP Idol: Eggnog
    Spammer Award: Junaman
    Respect Award: IB4R
    Kindest Person: Whiteballz
    Funniest: Crisis
    Knowledgable: henk4 (and IB4R for his amazing talent in my headlight comp)
    Most Impact: Probably IB4R.
    UCP Shaper: Misho
    Most Helpful: IB4R
    Most Mature: Carlover. I honestly couldn't believe it when he said he was a 12 year old! He is very mature and contributes alot of good stuff, and is a respectful member of UCP.

BTW Maybe Wouter could award the winners of these awards with their title in the place where it says "Senior Member"...

well...

Most improved:coTTerik *(maybe me, for my first thread)*
    UCP Idol: eggnog
    Spammer Award: Dark phenoix
    Respect Award: IB4R
    Kindest Person: mustang123
    Funniest:UK_cars
    Knowledgable: matra et
    Most Impact: painterr (inspiring me to chop)
    UCP Shaper:crisis
    Most Helpful: falc
    Most Mature: S_R for being a respectable member, and because i still dont belive he is 11

(Best chopper: painterr)

* i got up quite a few peoples noses!
    Last edited by whiteballz; 06-16-2004 at 02:00 AM. Reason: thought more
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Most improved: ................................CoTTerik
    UCP Idol: ........................................EggNog
    Spammer Award: ..............................Dark phenoix
    Respect Award:................................Matra et apline
    Kindest Person: ................................Painterr / Matra et alpine
    Funniest: .......................................UK_cars
    Knowledgable: .................................matra et apline
    Most Impact: ..................................asdfgh2
    UCP Shaper:.................................... i dont know Wouter
    Most Helpful:....................................Matra et alpine
    Most Mature:................................... Junaman

*there are a hell of alot of Matras on there but then again he has helped me in all of the areas that i have put him, are we allowed multiple votes for the same person ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I think I could qualify for the reward of UCP shaper (in a certain way)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ofcourse

Aw well since it seems like everyone else is ignoring to PM GT500, i will too

Most improved member: motorsportnerd

Overall Best member: Egg Nog

Respect award: crisis

Kindest member: NoOne

Most knowledgeable member: Matra et Alpine

Most impact: Falcon500

Most mature: Spastik_Roach
    I am the Stig

As stated twice before, private message me with your votes, I would like to avoid arguments that may come up this way At least fpv read the instructions on how to vote.....cmon guys! No more voting in here! Private messaging only! You can try to bribe you way into people's votes in here, but please no actual voting in here. I will tally only private messages, I will not count those votes in here. Copy and paste your votes into a message and send it please, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    are we allowed multiple votes for the same person ?
    but of course, as long as there aren't two people in the same category if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    (Best chopper: painterr)
    hmm....a chopper category? Painterr auto wins that methinks....
    It won't be added though, we all know the sad truth that painterr will forever torture us with his creations. We'll give him an honorable mention.

Painterr / Matra et alpine
    One person a category please.
    Last edited by GT500; 06-16-2004 at 10:50 AM.

My votes are in
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    One person a category please.
    Noooooo i canney choose
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Noooooo i canney choose

rite ive decided

Matra et painterr

okay, okay, i'll give them each a half point, which could be a tie breaker if it happens that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    okay, okay, i'll give them each a half point, which could be a tie breaker if it happens that way.

maybee but going off my list matra will be ahead by about 4

cmon, i have 2 voting PMs......we need more people to vote please!

Thread Information