Thread: Pantera Marque Day at Supercar Sunday

Pantera Marque Day at Supercar Sunday

Supercar Sunday at Pierce College in the San Fernando Valley has a great turnout every Sunday. On Sunday, April 14th, the De Tomaso Pantera will be the featured marque. Since southern California has the largest concentration of Panteras in every "flavor," they expect a very good turnout. I'll have my recently restored/modded '72 Pre L and I'm trying to convince my next door neighbor to bring his as well. Whether a Pantera fan or not, it's always a good show. I hope to meet some forum members there. I'll be sitting with my bright red Pantera. See you there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Absolutely gorgeous car. You must be proud. I had a couple of friends who worked at Stroppes in Signal Hill where all the Panteras came through for new car 'get ready', and I could go up there and check out all of them and even got a ride in two of them. From there they all went to Murphy Lincoln Mercury who was the distributor. It was a great experience for me.
    Last edited by C-4 guy; 04-09-2019 at 05:02 AM.

C-4 guy,
    I vividly remember seeing my first Pantera at O'Connor Lincoln/Mercury on Crenshaw Blvd. in either late 1970 or early 1971. My family used to lease and buy cars there, and I had taken my 1969 Cougar Eliminator in for service and saw it there. The leasing manager saw me looking at it and suggested to my dad that maybe we should replace the Cougar with the Pantera. My dad was not persuaded. Since I see you're in Long Beach, why not take a nice ride out early Sunday morning and attend a terrific car show and bring your C-4 (and by the way, I installed leather re-upholstered C-4 seats in my Pantera when I redid the interior as part of the restoration. They are about the only seats narrow enough to fit in a Pantera's narrow wells.) You can take it out for a ride.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the invite. I'll probably pass on it. Maybe attend Super car Sunday at a later date. Perhaps you would like to come to Enderle Center in Tustin for their car show. It's the first and last Sundays of every month. Back to back Sundays. On 17th St right off of the 55 Frwy. I once attended a party at Jan Taraszkiewiczs' in Irvine. He is a big Pantera enthusiast who had two Panteras (one being a show car). Never knew him before. Our wives worked together at the VA in Long Beach. Incidentally, I have moved on from the C4 (never bothered to change my handle). I have a 50th anniversary Corvette Convertible and recently acquired a Cadillac ATS V. I know that sounds boastful. Really just wanted you to know I no longer have the C4.
    Last edited by C-4 guy; 04-14-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks for the information C-4. As soon as I have more confidence that my cat won't break down, I'll venture on down to Tustin. Sixteen Panteras showed up yesterday, all beautiful, all enthusiastic owners, all loud! Plenty of other great cars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by C-4 guy View Post
    Thanks for the invite. I'll probably pass on it. Maybe attend Super car Sunday at a later date. Perhaps you would like to come to Enderle Center in Tustin for their car show. It's the first and last Sundays of every month. Back to back Sundays. On 17th St right off of the 55 Frwy. I once attended a party at Jan Taraszkiewiczs' in Irvine. He is a big Pantera enthusiast who had two Panteras (one being a show car). Never knew him before. Our wives worked together at the VA in Long Beach. Incidentally, I have moved on from the C4 (never bothered to change my handle). I have a 50th anniversary Corvette Convertible and recently acquired a Cadillac ATS V. I know that sounds boastful. Really just wanted you to know I no longer have the C4.
    How's the ATS-V?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well the Panteras looked great. If I had to describe it I would say it was quality over quantity. Loved yours and the GTS. To respond to Ferrer, the ATS is an unbelievable car. Beyond my expectations. It's my last hurrah as I am 76yrs old this yr. That is a young 76 of course. Anyway it's classy, got so many features (I go to sleep reading the owners' manual), it handles as if it were on rails, and as far as acceleration goes, the old adage applies; 'it doesn't go, it happens'. Of course there are faster cars, but I'm at my limit. I tried to include photos of it but couldn't. Something about a security token. Not sure what that is. Oh well.
    Last edited by C-4 guy; 04-17-2019 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Show photos of new car

Congrats on the Cadillac, it seems a really nice car.

Enjoy it!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information