Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche 991 911 RSR III 2019-

Porsche 991 911 RSR III 2019-

Porsche Motorsport claim that this car is 95% brand new compared to the 2017 car that will continue to run in GTE-Am until 2020/2021. This new RSR debuted publicly at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, and will make it's on track debut at the WEC Prologue on July 23/24, ahead of it's competition debut at the WEC Silverstone 4 Hours on Sept. 1. It's expected to make it's IMSA debut at Daytona testing late this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Nice pictures. Thanks

Does anyone else find the mid mounting of the engine a little disconcerting?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The ACO and IMSA have allowed it because there's the provision in their tech regs for it. Also, it allows Porsche to run the big volume rear diffusers that are allowed in the post 2015 GTE regs. It also allows them to run a more aggressive diffuser section on the front splitter as well (to balance out the rear).

The whole thing basically resulted from a pissing contest/one-upsmanship game between the ACO and SRO since GT3 cars were getting close to being as fast as GTE cars at some tracks.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

More pics:

911 RSR-19 GTE/GTLM

911 RSR-19

Porsche 911 RSR-19

911 RSR-19

Porsche 911 RSR-19. That'll be it until the WEC Prologue in a few days time.

I should also note that the photos I've uploaded have been resized to be smaller than the originals due to limits on how large the photos can be (approx 1mb). If you want the full sized versions, check out Porsche's media site.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Porsche's just too scared to call it a Cayman RSR. Honestly, no one cares it's not a 911 anymore. Call it a 919 or something like that.

It's been mid engined for quite a few years now.

Actually, the 911 RSR has been mid engine only since 2017. And as I said before, blame the ACO for getting into a pissing match with the SRO over who has the fastest production based GT racing cars in the world. #1 reason for the mid engine 911 was the introduction of the big volume rear diffuser.

BTW, a mid engine 911 makes sense as a track car and a road car. But Porsche don't want to piss off the purist on the road car end, and they don't want to develop a special MR 911 to get all the 911 race cars homolgated to be MR, which is why the GT3R is still RR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernaudi View Post
    Actually, the 911 RSR has been mid engine only since 2017. And as I said before, blame the ACO for getting into a pissing match with the SRO over who has the fastest production based GT racing cars in the world. #1 reason for the mid engine 911 was the introduction of the big volume rear diffuser.

BTW, a mid engine 911 makes sense as a track car and a road car. But Porsche don't want to piss off the purist on the road car end, and they don't want to develop a special MR 911 to get all the 911 race cars homolgated to be MR, which is why the GT3R is still RR.
    A mid engined 911 would be a Cayman. They're just too scared to give it a proper engine.

Porsche 911 RSR-19 #8

Thread Information