Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Evija 2020

Lotus Evija 2020

LOTUS EVIJA: THE WORLD’S FIRST PURE ELECTRIC BRITISH HYPERCAR

• Lotus Evija – the first all-electric British hypercar – makes its world debut in London
    • Target power output of 2,000 PS makes it the world’s most powerful series production road car
    • Target 0-62 mph (0-100km/h) in under three seconds, top speed over 200 mph (320 km/h)
    • Ultra-lightweight carbon fibre monocoque makes it the world’s lightest production EV hypercar, at 1,680kg
    • Pure electric driving range target of 250 miles (400 km)
    • Mid-mounted battery pack echoes celebrated Lotus mid-engined sports car layout
    • World-first main and dipped beam laser lighting technology
    • Comprehensive personalisation and experiential programmes for customers
    • Designed, engineered and hand-built at Lotus’ famous home in Hethel, UK
    • Cements the UK’s position as the world leader in high-performance, advanced technology automotive manufacturing
    • Lotus Evija production limited to just 130 cars – in tribute to its Lotus ‘Type’ number, 130 – beginning in 2020

(London, UK – 16 July 2019) – The world’s first fully electric British hypercar, the all-new Lotus Evija, has been revealed. With unparalleled performance and a target power output of 2,000 PS, it sets new standards in terms of advanced EV engineering. Quite simply, the Lotus Evija is the most powerful series production road car ever built.

Like all Lotus cars throughout the brand’s storied 71-year history, the Evija has been precision-engineered to deliver an outstanding driving experience both on the road and track. It is the most dynamically accomplished model ever built by the company, setting new standards for Lotus driving performance. Above all else, it is ‘For The Drivers’.

As a name, Evija (pronounced ‘E-vi-ya’) means ‘the first in existence’ or ‘the living one’. It is highly appropriate; Lotus has an unquestionable reputation for its pioneering approach in both automotive and motorsport.

The Evija marks the start of an exciting new chapter in the history of an iconic and much-loved British sports car brand. It is the first hypercar from Lotus, and the company’s first model with an electrified powertrain. As the first completely new car to be launched under the stewardship of Geely – the world’s fastest growing automotive group – its significance cannot be overstated.

Exclusivity and desirability go hand in hand in the world of hypercars, and the Evija is blessed with an abundance of both. Production is limited to not more than 130 examples, making it among the most exclusive cars ever launched. It’s a figure set in tribute to the car’s project code, Type 130. Lotus road and race cars throughout the brand’s seven decades of success have been assigned a Type number, and the Evija is no exception.

Hethel, close to the historic city of Norwich in the east of England, UK, has been the home of Lotus since 1966. The company has confirmed production of the Evija will begin there during 2020.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lotus Evija #2

Lotus Evija #3

Kinda ugly, no? I like what they've done with a lot of the negative space, but you'd think the freedom of electric packaging would enable and embolden them to make something truly unique.

Sure, I understand the legacy-thinking mindset of styling your electric sedan for the (upward-looking) bourgeoisie like a sedan, but your (supposed) 2,000hp hypercar for nutcases should be a bit more flamboyant.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Kinda ugly, no? I like what they've done with a lot of the negative space, but you'd think the freedom of electric packaging would enable and embolden them to make something truly unique.

Sure, I understand the legacy-thinking mindset of styling your electric sedan for the (upward-looking) bourgeoisie like a sedan, but your (supposed) 2,000hp hypercar for nutcases should be a bit more flamboyant.
    Don't worry, if they make only 130, no matter how ugly it is, no one will be able to appreciate its retina searing qualities.

I kind of like it. Without spoilers and with some nice flowing lines. Kind of the opposite of the messy McLaren Senna.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VlJUHn8CWM"]Lotus Evija: 2,000hp, £1.7M Electric Hypercar, EVERYTHING You Need To Know | Carfection 4K - YouTube[/ame]

Lotus Evija (Type 130) #4

Lotus Evija (Type 130) #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ecnelis View Post
    Lotus Evija (Type 130) #5
    Picture number 4, there you see Harry from Evo on the right

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvZWJ0oIYyI"]Driving my Lotus Elan Sprint on the Lotus Evija launch event in London - YouTube[/ame]

I was listening to Harry's video like a podcast, he didn't mince his words with the Evija. He called it heavy, unpure, and had a single gear. Sounds about right for someone who owns an Elan.

He has a point. But on the other hand lotus could use a Halo car. It shows they still matter in the world.

The next step will hopefully be a new Elise or esprit. But I have. Faith in Geely

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    He has a point. But on the other hand lotus could use a Halo car. It shows they still matter in the world.

The next step will hopefully be a new Elise or esprit. But I have. Faith in Geely
    I mean, any car enthusiast is going to have gripes with electric cars, especially if you're into the way older cars sound and smell. I hope they keep making interesting internal combustion cars too.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I mean, any car enthusiast is going to have gripes with electric cars, especially if you're into the way older cars sound and smell. I hope they keep making interesting internal combustion cars too.
    I would consider a Honda e as a commuter car, and I am an enthusiast.

Also, 2000bhp is way too much.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I would consider a Honda e as a commuter car, and I am an enthusiast.

Also, 2000bhp is way too much.
    Absolutely a commuter car, although strange that we're getting a RWD Honda for the first time in the US in many, many years, and I'm not excited by it at all.

What I find most baffling is that automakers have yet to standardize the charging plug in electric cars and they look like they can't understand why people aren't buying electric cars. That's like selling a Ford car that can only be filled at Exxon gas stations only. You're only setting yourself up for failure that way.

Forget about the range anxiety that always exists for electric cars, I was actively looking for electric car recharging stations on my trip to Montreal from NYC. I couldn't find any. Even at large rest stops I couldn't find a Tesla supercharger. They are only hurting themselves with all these proprietary plugs.

Thread Information