Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Highest F1 speed ever

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    it was 372
    I stand corrected, in my orthopaedic shoes.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

BAR 007 hit 416kph.....

The fastest Le Mans car was a WMP 88, powered by a turbocharged Peugeot engine and it hit 406kph down mulsanne....and that's the official record. In 89 the Sauber C9 hit 400 in practice....

Official speed trap figures in race trim is the WMP88 at 405 km/h (251.1 mph)
    as said, BUT, the "project 400" car was a recognised "special" built to get the 400km record it's trim was unsuitable for a 24h race and the engine blew up shortly after going over 400km/h
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

What about the Sauber C9's Mercedes V8? Did any problems occur during practise?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    What about the Sauber C9's Mercedes V8? Did any problems occur during practise?
    Not sure.
    All I have at the moment is that the #62 car has the record BUT that they raced the 62T which came in 5th.

That year the C9s came 1st, 2nd and 5th. So the cars had the legs

Unlike the "project 400" which ended up with only the 19th fastest lap time with it's much publicised top speed !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

That was what their goal was though....to hit 400kph in race trim and enter the history book, or else they would have nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    That was what their goal was though....to hit 400kph in race trim and enter the history book, or else they would have nothing....
    no debate, but for THAT reason most Le Mans devotees dont' consider it should have the record as it was NOT a true "le mans race car" instead ONLY built to get the record. It was NOT in "le mans race trim" as it was VERY SLOW lap time and it stressed the engine so much it could NEVER have lasted 24h.

It would be like allowing an athletics/sport record to stand after the athlete was tested and failed a drugs test !!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 12-20-2005 at 09:45 AM.

well trap speed never really meant anything though....other than bragging right of sort. They only had trap speed at Le Mans because it had a 3 miles straight. Besides as long as the car passes scruitineering it is qualified as a competitor. I mean there have been other desperate attempt at Le Mans for glory end up being nothing, look at Mercedes' bid for pole in 1998 with the CLK-LM, disc wheel and everything, taped up lights and bodywork gap and small rad duct for beating Toyota for pole, only to have all 3 LM retired in the race in the first 90min with an altenator belt failure...
    They still got the pole...

There is a lot of bad language on this web site I have noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by guyt_x
    so we can see where every one comes from.
    I tried that countless times,sh@t don't work!
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by jeremysmith
    There is a lot of bad language on this web site I have noticed?
    Have you noticed it or not?

I can't tell you if you've noticed it, and I doubt anyone else can either, so it isn't any good posing the comment as a question.

Secondly, if you have noticed it, why are you bringing this up here?

It is not really relevant to this thread, and as such, if you do have an issue, it will go completely ignored.

If you have a problem with bad language, which I presume you do, otherwise you wouldn't go to all the trouble of signing up so that you could post that, you'd be much better making a thread in the "Website Discussion" section of the forums.

Similarly "Quattroman" I don't think whatever issue you have now will be resolved in this thread; address it in "Website Discussion" please if you feel you must.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information