Thread: Jaguar I-Pace 2018-

Jaguar I-Pace 2018-

The Jaguar I-Pace (stylised as "I-PACE") is a battery-electric crossover SUV produced by British automotive company Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) under their Jaguar marque. The I-Pace was announced in March 2018, European deliveries began in June 2018, and North American deliveries started in October 2018.

The I-Pace is the first electric SUV from a premium European automaker. In its first year, the I-Pace became one of the most highly decorated production cars ever, winning 62 international awards.
    In March 2019, the I-Pace won the European Car of the Year award, the first Jaguar to win in the 50-year history of the award. In April 2019, the I-Pace became the 2019 World Car of the Year, and by also winning Best Design and Best Green Car awards, it became the first car to ever sweep three of the six categories.

Development
    The Jaguar I-Pace was designed by Ian Callum. The concept version of the car, described as a five-seater sports car, was unveiled by JLR at the 2016 Los Angeles Motor Show and shown on-road in London in March 2017.
    The I-Pace is built by contract manufacturer Magna Steyr in Graz, Austria, and the production version of the I-Pace was revealed in Graz on 1 March 2018.

Specifications
    The Jaguar I-Pace launched with a WLTP-rated range of 292 miles (470 km)[14] and an EPA-rated range of 234 miles (377 km). In December 2019, software enhancements were released to increase range to an EPA-rated range of 246 miles (396 km). The car has a wade depth of 500 mm (20 in).
    The rear boot holds 656 litres (23 cu ft), along with 28 litres (1 cu ft) of front boot space. The drag coefficient is 0.29.

The car has all-wheel drive via two motors powered by a 90 kWh LG Chem[6] lithium-ion battery comprising 40% of the car's cost,[failed verification] and the battery management system is developed by JLR. Each motor delivers 197 hp (147 kW) and 258 lb⋅ft (350 N⋅m) of torque, for a total power of 395 hp (295 kW) and total torque of 516 lb⋅ft (700 N⋅m).[6] The car is able to sprint from 0–62 mph (0–100 km/h) in 4.8 seconds, and to an electronically limited top speed of 124 mph (200 km/h).

The battery contains 432 pouch cells.It can charge from 0 to 80 percent in 85 minutes using 50 kW DC charging, or 45 minutes using a 100 kW charger. Home charging with an AC wall box (7 kW) achieves the same state of charge in 10 hours. As the I-Pace has a single-phase AC charger, it is slow to charge outside fast charge areas; with a one-hour charge, 7 kW charging adds around 30 km (19 miles) of range.

The car comes with a smartphone app which can locate the car, report on its locking, alarming, and charging status, and start its battery preconditioning and/or cabin heating/cooling. The app cannot switch on the windscreen or rear window heaters.

info from wikipedia.org
    Attached Images Attached Images

Would these cars be still around in 20 or 30 years?
    Would they still be functional, like my 25 year old Volvo is still functional at this point?

I don`t see why not.

I-Pace is handsome enough and surely it will be rare enough to reach "classic" status. Maybe it will need battery replacement or two. Conversion back to ICE engine to keep it moving? Or whatever will be trendy then.

Someone will love this car in the future. This is how our world works.

#5 Jaguar I-Pace

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Would these cars be still around in 20 or 30 years?
    Would they still be functional, like my 25 year old Volvo is still functional at this point?
    I personally don't think so. These cars were not meant for the average mechanic to fix. You'd practically need an electrical engineering degree to sort out the electronics and don't even get started on the proprietary tools. These cars were meant to be disposable and not designed for the average layperson to service easily.

These cars will be disposed of once their batteries lose any significant amount of charge and the shame is that there isn't a recycling infrastructure to reuse the rare earth metals.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    I don`t see why not.

I-Pace is handsome enough and surely it will be rare enough to reach "classic" status. Maybe it will need battery replacement or two. Conversion back to ICE engine to keep it moving? Or whatever will be trendy then.

Someone will love this car in the future. This is how our world works.
    You'd have to have a car worth a lot to do that sort of conversion. The only cars that get that sort of treatment are cars like the Ferrari 250 GTO and the McLaren F1. Have you looked at servicing the McLaren F1's electronic systems? I forgot where I read it, but there's a department at McLaren that just trolls EBay buying up old computer parts. Imagine how much less accessible those computers will be 20-30 years down.

If this Jaguar is a skateboard type electric car (I didn't bother looking it up), it would be nearly impossible to change to ICE and likely not worth your time to swap out the batteries for a fresh pack.

Move on, this is just another phone to the automaker. You get a new phone every 3-4 years now, same with the average electric car.

Thread Information