Thread: Wild off-road Singer Porsche, and Lancia and Kurtis headed for auction ...

Wild off-road Singer Porsche, and Lancia and Kurtis headed for auction ...

California-based Porsche enhancer Singer have collaborated with Tuthill Porsche in England to create this truly wild All-terrain Competition Study or ACS. Like the other Singer creations, the ACS is based on the 964 generation Porsche 911. It is a tribute to the German manufacturer's off-road racers that were successful in events like Dakar during the 1980s. Commissioned by a very enthusiastic customer, two examples have been built. Both run on a considerably heightened suspension and sport exterior cues reminiscent of the 959 Dakar winner. The white one is designed to run on rougher surfaces while the red ACS is more suited to tarmac rally stages. Among our favourite retro nods on the ACS is the graphic applied to the inside of the engine cover.
    Bonhams will kick off their 2021 auction season with the The Scottsdale Auction scheduled for January 21st. Consigned to the sale is an eclectic mix of road and racing cars. Today we take a look at two of the most interesting cars on offer. The earliest is this Kurtis 500KK SR-100, which combined the Kurtis 500KK chassis kit with the SR-100 type body built by Byers. Powered by a mighty DeSoto Firedome HEMI engine this early 1950s sports racer is estimated to sell for $130,000 and $160,000.
    Also grabbing our attention was this lovely Lancia HF Integrale Evo on offer. Completed late in 1992, this is one of the Martini 6 special models that was built to celebrate the six consecutive World Rally Championships won by the Martini liveried Deltas. The example on offer has survived in highly original condition and has just 27,000 km on the odometer.

Enjoy the links:

1954 Kurtis 500KK SR-100

1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo (ZLA831AB000580638)

2021 Singer ACS
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

My indifference to the 911 aside, I tend to really like Singers. They're usually tasteful(ish) and obviously well-thought-out. This thing though seems like a half-assed attempt to pander to the Safari 911 craze from a few years ago before aircooled prices exploded and they all moved to (br)overlanding 'rigs'.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I'd broverland in a Singer. Why not?

Thread Information