Anglo-Canadian auctioneer RM Sotheby's have revealed the complete lot list of the upcoming Arizona sale. The absolute headliner is this Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Alloy 'Gullwing' Coupe. One of just 24 examples fitted with the lightweight bodywork, it was originally sold to the Mercedes-Benz distributor in Casablanca, Morocco. Very early in its life, it moved to the United States and has been with just three owners since 1975 and meticulously maintained for them by Paul Russell. Alloy bodied Gullwings only very rarely come up for auction and chassis 5500332 is expected to sell for over $7 million.
This morning, Hyundai revealed the i20 N Rally1, which will compete in the upcoming World Rally Championship that will start with the Rally Monte Carlo later in the month. It is the first of the next generation of plug-in hybrid Rally1 cars to break cover. As per the revised the regulations, the new i20 N Rally1 combines a turbocharged petrol engine with a standardised electric motor that is connected to the propellor shaft and drives all four wheels. The electric motor alone can produce up to 134 bhp. Other changes include less elaborate aerodynamics and a five- instead of six-speed gearbox with a manual gearshift.
At last year's Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, there also were demonstration runs with this Williams FW07 Cosworth. Freshly restored, this rare early FW07 was originally driven to four wins by Alan Jones. Among them was the first win of the 1980 season, on the way to his World Championship title. Chassis FW07/04 was demonstrated by Damon Hill and Emerson Fittipaldi.

Enjoy the links:

2022 Hyundai i20 N Rally1

1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Alloy 'Gullwing' Coupe (198.043.5500332)

1979 Williams FW07 Cosworth (FW07/04)