Thread: Need advice from parents ( my kid is struggling with school and the wife is MAD)

Need advice from parents ( my kid is struggling with school and the wife is MAD)

So this is total off topic but since this is a nice settled community, I thought I would ask.
    My son Lucas is struggling with math and science in class, he is Chinese-Canadian (I am Canadian, my wife is Chinese) so he speaks both English and Mandarin (and a little French), he is in grade 10 and ever since the pandemic started, with all the changes and weird schedules we have just had to make things work as best as possible but this school year we are noticing this is not working anymore.

So this semester we decided to hire a tutor for him in Chemistry since that's where he is doing the worst.

We also got him a membership on this chemistry homework help website called StudyPug which has worked fine actually and it includes math and physics materials, which is great, but he cannot do it alone and I work full time and the wife just doesn't have the patience (she has tried, believe me).

So we are thinking on hiring another tutor for him, besides the chemistry help, I think we need another one for Physics (I think we can do math with him).
    Do any of you know of a tutoring company where I could find a bilingual physics tutor in Chinese and English?
    I have been asking around here and the tutors in my area are quite expensive, so maybe we cqan look for an online one that has good service but a cheaper rate? We can't be paying 60 bucks for each tutor every day, it's just too much, the only reason we keep the chemistry homework help is because he is really improving... any ideas?

Thank you all in advance for your help, any link or phone for educational materials or tutoring schools are greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua123 View Post
    So this is total off topic but since this is a nice settled community, I thought I would ask.
    My son Lucas is struggling with math and science in class, he is Chinese-Canadian (I am Canadian, my wife is Chinese) so he speaks both English and Mandarin (and a little French), he is in grade 10 and ever since the pandemic started, with all the changes and weird schedules we have just had to make things work as best as possible but this school year we are noticing this is not working anymore.

So this semester we decided to hire a tutor for him in Chemistry since that's where he is doing the worst.

We also got him a membership on this chemistry homework help website called StudyPug which has worked fine actually and it includes math and physics materials, which is great, but he cannot do it alone and I work full time and the wife just doesn't have the patience (she has tried, believe me).

So we are thinking on hiring another tutor for him, besides the chemistry help, I think we need another one for Physics (I think we can do math with him). The exams there are held usually via Proctoredu so there is zero chance of cheating.
    Do any of you know of a tutoring company where I could find a bilingual physics tutor in Chinese and English?
    I have been asking around here and the tutors in my area are quite expensive, so maybe we cqan look for an online one that has good service but a cheaper rate? We can't be paying 60 bucks for each tutor every day, it's just too much, the only reason we keep the chemistry homework help is because he is really improving... any ideas?

Thank you all in advance for your help, any link or phone for educational materials or tutoring schools are greatly appreciated.
    Hiring another tutor must sort the problem out, I believe
    Last edited by Cunde; 04-29-2022 at 06:23 AM.

Thread Information