Page 419 of 470 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 7039

Thread: The "I just saw a...." thread

  1. #6271
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Saw a new BMW Alpina B7 in traffic yesterday... not a common sight, even here.
    I've driven one, those things are ridiculously fast and luxurious, it would definitely be a good competition for a Bentley or Rolls Royce (I know RR makes a car on the 760 Chassis).

  2. #6272
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,178
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    All of them?
    Hmm... No. There is a V6 and 4.7L V8. PowerTech. I didn't even know that.

    Sad.

    I imagine that V6 in particular to be a piece of shit.

  3. #6273
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    It's got a hemi, bitch...

    Or a Cummins.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    All of them?
    All I know is it's large, and when one was parked close to a Panda I roughly estimated the second could have been stored in the first.

    Maybe the Tundra I've seen once in downtown looks even larger, or perhaps it was because of the tiny street it was driving on. wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Hmm... No. There is a V6 and 4.7L V8. PowerTech. I didn't even know that.

    Sad.

    I imagine that V6 in particular to be a piece of shit.
    I'd be pretty sure that if someone goes through all the trouble of importing such a massive moving device into Yurop he would make sure it has the biggest petrol V8 available.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  4. #6274
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'd be pretty sure that if someone goes through all the trouble of importing such a massive moving device into Yurop he would make sure it has the biggest petrol V8 available.
    Indeed the one often parked in front of my place and next to the aforementioned Panda is a 5.7 Hemi, just checked. It also has an American flag sticker next to the badge. Not surprisingly.

    What scares me is that it is always parked also in front of the same house where I keep on seeing the following cars: Golf mk6 1.2 tsi, 7 series F10, Z8, X5 4.6is and the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Quite some random choices.

    I wouldn't bet on most of them being Hemi powered though, there are quite a few wannabes around here so if the price is decently lower they may even get an I4 in them.
    Then again last time I checked the price difference between a Mustang and a Mustang GT was ignorable. Not so for insurance and fuel consumption.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  5. #6275
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Indeed the one often parked in front of my place and next to the aforementioned Panda is a 5.7 Hemi, just checked. It also has an American flag sticker next to the badge. Not surprisingly.

    What scares me is that it is always parked also in front of the same house where I keep on seeing the following cars: Golf mk6 1.2 tsi, 7 series F10, Z8, X5 4.6is and the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Quite some random choices.

    I wouldn't bet on most of them being Hemi powered though, there are quite a few wannabes around here so if the price is decently lower they may even get an I4 in them.
    Then again last time I checked the price difference between a Mustang and a Mustang GT was ignorable. Not so for insurance and fuel consumption.
    Tis true. I've seen my fair share of V6 engined Mustangs over V8s.

    Which begs the question, WHY?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  6. #6276
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    I've seen more V8s and than V6s, but while checking on a second hand market magazine, Ive noticed the V6 were going for about 30/32.000 €, basically just imported brand new vehicles, while V8s were going for even less than 35.000 €.

    Now considering those were the pre-restyling models, and therefore that the V6 was only slightly smaller and barely more frugal than the V8, yes, wtf why is exactly my thinking as well.

    If you want to live the American dream in Italy, at least do it properly.
    Get a Viper, or a Viper powered Ram
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  7. #6277
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rudolstadt/ Thuringia
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I've seen more V8s and than V6s, but while checking on a second hand market magazine, Ive noticed the V6 were going for about 30/32.000 , basically just imported brand new vehicles, while V8s were going for even less than 35.000 .

    Now considering those were the pre-restyling models, and therefore that the V6 was only slightly smaller and barely more frugal than the V8, yes, wtf why is exactly my thinking as well.

    If you want to live the American dream in Italy, at least do it properly.
    Get a Viper, or a Viper powered Ram
    Who knows... maybe they just wanted the looks? There are many V6-powered american cars in my region.
    But also a lot of Hemi Rams, if I'm honest . Yeah, I'm not sure why anybody outside of America would want an american car that has no V8/V10.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

    Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

  8. #6278
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Goshen, IN
    Posts
    3,377
    While traveling over the weekend I managed to see 2 Maserati GranTurismo's (one on the back of a car-carrier), a Maserati GT Spyder (again on a car carrier) and a Bentley Continental Flying Spur (car carrier). Also saw an Audi R8 and passed and then was passed by a Porsche 911 Carrera.

  9. #6279
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,580
    Spotted a Lada Niva the other day.

  10. #6280
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    Just saw a 458....first time I've seen one in the wild.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  11. #6281
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Rare, locally built, gold Dodge 3700 GT.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  12. #6282
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rudolstadt/ Thuringia
    Posts
    1,055
    Oh my gawd... a VW Lupo 3L.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

    Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

  13. #6283
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England, somerset
    Posts
    915
    A 996 Porsch 911, one of my teacher has just brought a Merc CLC 220 CDI, quite a smart car but he could have got the CLC 200 k because his house is only 2 miles away from his job so fuel is not a big isue, oh well his chose, very smart car though.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson

  14. #6284
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    2,823
    ^^^He should have bought a new pair of shoes instead.

    I saw a new Mini Countryman today. Usually I'm not bothered too much by uninteresting vehicles, but this time it was different.

    It is too huge. Too fake. Extraodinarily ugly. Utterly pointless. It is an insult to the original Mini concept.

    There, got it off my chest now.

  15. #6285
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Yellow Lotus Evora.

    And a racing Nissan Micra in Barcelona's southern ring road. Not tuned, a proper race car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The random picture thread
    By Mustang in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 489
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 02:19 PM
  2. The official post a pic of you thread
    By Homem de Gelo in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 06:25 AM
  3. The Mercedes-Benz SL fans thread
    By Justin Syder in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 12:45 PM
  4. the 1-line thread
    By The Tuner in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 11:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •