Page 460 of 470 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 7050

Thread: The "I just saw a...." thread

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Must be the small, around town shopping car.
    It did indeed surprise me; the Americans come over to Europe in German SUVs (driving very slowly in the middle lane) while the Europeans drive around in pick-up trucks and vans from Detroit very fast.

Surely, it makes no sense at all.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's exotic, and ironic!

Also, outlying taste factors belying stereotypical cultural average choices.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I very much envy the ability of those in Germany and surrounding areas to drive at a reasonable pace on a non-busy highway.

80 to 85mph you are safe in most of Europe.

Then there is Italy where I don't think it is possible to get booked for any driving offence whatsoever. In the 18 hours or so that I stayed there I saw pretty much every possible breach of the highway code committed, including speeding by the carabinieri themselves. The funny thing is that other drivers were overtaking them at even higher speeds and nothing really happened.
    Visca Catalunya!

This is a car I have seen in my Neighborhood for about a year now:
    Soon as I have 30K I'll try to buy it from the neighbor, I figure 8K for the car and 20K to get it in shape, when was the last time anybody saw a two door 1960s Lincoln Continental. Not counting the MarK series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rizaven; 06-28-2013 at 12:28 AM.

This afternoon a black AMG SL 55:

Lovely original Austin Seven special hillclimb
    ( Well NEARLY original, engine is angled so prop comes past driver so they can sit lower - fairly radical for it's day. Original had offset diff with angled diff casting and single piece prop. Now has a split prop and 'standard' 7 offset diff. )

The lines of this are about as perfect as you can get
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I forgot to say that some days ago I saw a red Aston Martin Cygnet (no big deal) with a dual exhaust (again, no big deal). I thought that if you are dumb enough to buy a 40 grand Toyota city car you might as well spend a little extra to garnish it with a (fake) dual exhaust.

However as it accelerated down Avinguda Diagonal on a hot summer's day the thing sounded loud and mean and then as it passed me I noticed that the badge in the back read "Cygnet S".

I have tried researching it on the internets, to no avail. Does anyone know how does it differ from the standard Cygnet (or the Toyota iQ for that matter), if it does at all (other than the loud exhaust that is)?
    Visca Catalunya!

Perhaps it was a chopshop victim and it started out as multiple CygnetS?

I my limited Googling, I saw a few S models for sale and they all had the CVT, maybe it has to do with that.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I forgot to say that some days ago I saw a red Aston Martin Cygnet (no big deal) with a dual exhaust (again, no big deal). I thought that if you are dumb enough to buy a 40 grand Toyota city car you might as well spend a little extra to garnish it with a (fake) dual exhaust.

However as it accelerated down Avinguda Diagonal on a hot summer's day the thing sounded loud and mean and then as it passed me I noticed that the badge in the back read "Cygnet S".

I have tried researching it on the internets, to no avail. Does anyone know how does it differ from the standard Cygnet (or the Toyota iQ for that matter), if it does at all (other than the loud exhaust that is)?
    This is not a car worth spending one's time to research on.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Perhaps it was a chopshop victim and it started out as multiple CygnetS?

I my limited Googling, I saw a few S models for sale and they all had the CVT, maybe it has to do with that.
    I read somewhere that RHD manual Cygnets were discontinued in late 2012 and manual LHD Cygnets were discontinued in early 2013 so I think it isn't that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    This is not a car worth spending one's time to research on.
    I dedicated to it exactly 216 seconds.

In the 217th second I gave up.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    80 to 85mph you are safe in most of Europe.

Then there is Italy where I don't think it is possible to get booked for any driving offence whatsoever. In the 18 hours or so that I stayed there I saw pretty much every possible breach of the highway code committed, including speeding by the carabinieri themselves. The funny thing is that other drivers were overtaking them at even higher speeds and nothing really happened.
    That restores my faith in humanity. Peel region (part of tue GTA) cops are just glorified tax collectors. The Toronto police are much leas invasive. I have mostly cruiser between 125 and 140 on the highway recently.

Too expensive for gas at that speed....:P

I cruise between 110-115kph....lol

I did just get a ticket in North Carolina though for doing allegedly 75mph in a 60. I am pretty sure I was barely 70 at the time but the cop is banking on I won't fight the $215 ticket 12 hours drive away...

I just saw a pair of new CTS with manufacturer plates...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Nice looking?

Sweet new avatar shot btw. What part of the track is it?

Most of my driving is done commuting a short drive, or for the company! Free gas!

It looks pretty nice, though I think the size is back to to STS size....I guess its to be expected since ATS is a proper 3er size now....

Thats looking at turn 8 from inside of turn 9, shot from on top the little hill next to the Kart track. I figure I had a Dyson RS Spyder before on avatar I go to another Dyson this time...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information