Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron --- Your views on it

Bugatti Veyron --- Your views on it

The Bugatti Veyron has been drawing attention ever since it was shown to the public. Do you think it will be a complete success, or an expensive failure? Do you believe that Bugatti is serious about it or do you just dismiss it as a global publicity stunt? Share your views!

it 'll be a gigantic financial failure.I hope it comes out once though

Your views on it
    piece of crap and useless

if it realy comes out, surely some people will buy them. bugatti doesn't seem to care that they won't make any money off of it; it's meant to be a flagship car. bugatti's already planning on the sequal for the veyron, and theys ay it should be out in 2008. i bet that car won't have as good of performance, but it will surely be less expensive and i hope lighter. i like the veyron

It looks awesome, and if it can do 400+km/h it is the fastest car in the world. My sister and her boyfriend have seen the concept in Berlin (for pics check out www.johancars.tk -> Bugatti -> 16/4 Veyron) and they loved it.
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Don't know... when I first read about the car I was fascinated. The possibility to drive 400 km/h , the horsepower and so on, but nowadays, I see the Veyron from a different point of view. There were lots of problems with the aerodynamics, the engine, the gearbox...
    Result: The car hasn't been released yet, even though they have shipped it to so many shows and made so many promises! Not that I have the money to buy it, but that sucks big. I have recently read an interview with the new chairman of Bugatti (T. Bscher), who said that the problems are all solved now - but who knows?
    Furthermore, I have read that the car never will generate profit (instead it will be a huge loss), it will be a huge marketing gag for Bentley, and only the next cars might benefit from that. But perhaps they should have spent the money on more important issues, the Rußfilter (what is it in english? The filter for diesel engines to reduce the particles in the exhaust fumes???) or better quality....
    Michael and Ferrari - Sempre il numero 1!
    You can never go plenty fast enough...

Quote Originally Posted by RedWingsFanG
    But perhaps they should have spent the money on more important issues, the Rußfilter (what is it in english? The filter for diesel engines to reduce the particles in the exhaust fumes???) or better quality....
    It is particle filter, and Mr. Pischetsrieder has called it: "daemliches Filterchen", indicating exactly where his priorities are, and now feeling the consequences thereof on the German market.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    It is particle filter, and Mr. Pischetsrieder has called it: "daemliches Filterchen", indicating exactly where his priorities are, and now feeling the consequences thereof on the German market.
    Exactly, because everyone on the german market demands a particle filter, even though they are not fully ready yet - some need to be refilled, what if the filter is full and the particles are burnt to empty the filter (how many particles are then there in the fumes?) but the lobby is too strong - I am about to buy a new A3 2.0 TDI, but too bad that it hasn't a filter yet...

The Veyron is a 'me too' effort to generate some (very) expensive publicity. I am not sure what VW is doing with this car--they have an exotic (Lamborghini) in the stable, and an ultra-luxury (Bentley) alongside it. even Audi has a stunning prospect (the LeMans) in the works. Why they see fit to resurrect a dead marquee is anyone's guess, although it seems to be fashionable now (look at the Maybach, for instance).

On a purely commercial level, I doubt that this car will make any money. The legendary F1, against which all cars ever made will be compared to, lost money for McLaren. And it should be pointed out that the McLaren was a true performer. It won Le Mans outright and to this day ranks as one of the quickest production cars ever produced. The Veyron, with all of its pre-production problems and gremlins to work out will probably never see a race track, much less compete in an even like the 24 hours. Shame.

To me the Veyron is a shallow attempt at generating publicity. Nothing more. It looks great, but the car could easily have been launched as a Bentley (it doesn't look like a Lambourghini). All this car will do is take VW's eye off the ball. The fortune they have squandered on this car could have gone to adding a third model for Lamborghini, or towards engineering a small RWD car to compete against BMW's upcoming 1-series.

05 Audi A6

undefinedundefined
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    it 'll be a gigantic financial failure.I hope it comes out once though

CAN ANY ONE FROM EUROPE WRITE ME BACK ABOUT THE NEW AUDI A6.
    DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE AUDI'S THERE????

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    undefinedundefined

Absolutely, yes. The first tests have been impressive. I will look up some and post them here. I know that the last diesel test the A6 was a veeeery close second to the 530d, but before the E320 CDI. I myself would always buy an Audi A6, I like the design, the technology and the interior.

It was a design success and a marketing failure;

-when unveiled it was the supercar king, it has been so long since then though with all the manufacturing issues and all, and it still isn't in production - I think people now don't care anymore, cars like the Enzo have since come out and are "available" so to speak, and when the Veyron does become a reality, all the oohs and ahhs will be gone, this car is "dated". It will still be incredible and we will drool over it just on its own merits, but no matter what they do, it will never have the impact it would have had if it had been produced way back then. If this car was supposed to draw attention to the capabilities of Bugatti as a company, it is a huge expensive flop. It's image is tarnished. As a car it is phenomenal.

i think its for alot but for nearly half the price and the faster you get the ME 4-12 but the bugatti's cool
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    undefinedundefined

Get your own thread.

The Bugatti started off ok, sounded like fun.
    Then it became apparrent that the people buliding it didn't have a clue as to what they were doing.
    Oh dear.
    Never mind, it'll look good in the museum.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 07-02-2004 at 01:15 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by RedWingsFanG
    I am about to buy a new A3 2.0 TDI, but too bad that it hasn't a filter yet...
    Go for the 407 2.2Hdi, it's a nicer car too.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information