Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 280KM/H and still alive lol

What will be his Memento Mori? Will it be too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    What will be his Memento Mori? Will it be too late?
    Memento Mori? sorry what is it?
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

"Memento Mori" is basically a reminder of your mortality, usually shown by a skull, but I'm pretty sure that another symbol could serve a similar purpose. For example, your car/driving habits.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 07-27-2004 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I think you have already presented a much more balanced view on your driving in this thread and didn't deserve all the negativity we dumped on you
    Yes he did. Much like the idiots in Getaway in Stockholm they have no respect for other people. TO say you are on the roads at 2.00 in the mornig and there are no other cars ignores that fact that there ARE other motorists who will be
    1. not expecting an idiot to be travelling at take off speeds
    2. either tired or pissed on their way home from something and thus less likely to be aware of even safely driving motorists.
    3. On their way to shift work jobs and be still groggy.

Respect other users and go race on a track. We have covered this before and its neithe overly expensive or that difficult.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

15KM/H with my feet and still alive. It was at 3AM on the sidewalk, damn it was so scary, the sidewalk was empty so I have reach the limit speed of my body.

Please walk carrefully too many people die on the sidewalks, respect the limit speed.
    I take it to the candy shop... 50Cent 1.3 million albums in 1 WEEK-END... INCREDIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Marcus
    15KM/H with my feet and still alive. It was at 3AM on the sidewalk, damn it was so scary, the sidewalk was empty so I have reach the limit speed of my body.

Please walk carrefully too many people die on the sidewalks, respect the limit speed.
    Drugs are bad..... Hmhmmm K

Im a stupid young idiot and I know I drive too quick, but at least I admit it.

Im amazed at the level of hypocrisy that must be floating round here.

Speed makes whats gonna happen worse, but it isnt the CAUSE of many accidents. And whilst you guys are saying take it to a track, and do a quater mile etc etc, we are all human, we like fast cars, and if the opportunity arises we are going to use that performance. Sorry but this is just human nature. The trick is to try and temper that with judgement. I would also add that until you have driven a REALLY fast car you might not be able to realise just how quick you can get to silly speeds in short distances. I mean my car does 1/8th miles in 7sec or less at terminals well over 100mph. Thats only 200metres ffs. When joining the motorway its easy to start on the slip road at 30 and be doing 150+ by the time you are actually on the motorway.

Believe me, you dont need as much space as you think, and if no one else is around to get hurt then thats one of the beauties of a free country.

Just my 2p's worth

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerider
    Im a stupid young idiot and I know I drive too quick, but at least I admit it.

Im amazed at the level of hypocrisy that must be floating round here.

Believe me, you dont need as much space as you think, and if no one else is around to get hurt then thats one of the beauties of a free country.

Just my 2p's worth

J.
    Your last line is important. So is the first. I have had a car to 180kmh on a country road. There were no cars in front or behind me ( I thought). There were no side roads and you could see off the side of the road over the fields so there was ample visibility. I reached that speed, sat on it for about a minute and slowed down. Imagine my surprise at seeing a Police car closing in my mirror, which I had been checking (paranoid). Where did it come from. How did he get so close when I was travelling at 180kmh? How badly was I about to be reamed? Well he dod me for 130kmh in a 100kmh zone which I gladly accepted. But I still dont know where he came from. At least I wasnt trying to work out where a car come from that collided with at that speed. Your right that speed in itself does not cause accidents. But it helps make them a lot worse. Good luck.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information