Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Does Rice Mean????

What Does Rice Mean????

i know people have sites anti-rice but i cant understand wht ricers r can n e 1 help
    Supras Rock

i have heard a few interpretations, but the one most commonly used where i live simply means a person who likes/drives asian cars.

LOL...

HAHAHAAHAHA

OMG.. I cant belive there is a thread for this.

Ok, lets put it this way, rice comes from the amount of cars people who are driving around with little toys n shit on their dashboards & mega bodykits on cars that are a bees dick in height from off the ground.
    & dont forget that putting stickers on your car to make it look like some sort of super tourer can make it go faster as well

Hence, the term, rice.

It's slang.

Re: What Does Rice Mean????

Originally posted by Supra-Devil
    i know people have sites anti-rice but i cant understand wht ricers r can n e 1 help
    RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. "Rice" originally started off as an insult to Japanese cars in the USA, with plenty of bodykit and tiny little engines.

Now Dr "hahahaha" freedom also knows what it means.

laterz,

Dubd. Your acronym may fit but I'm not sure whether it is the chicken or the egg. Years ago in Australia the term "rice burner" was the derogatory term given (as you point out) to Japanese cars. This was befor anyone would have even bothered bolting a body kit on one. I think cars were still all made on metal then.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Now that I didn't know

Originally posted by crisis
    Dubd. Your acronym may fit but I'm not sure whether it is the chicken or the egg. Years ago in Australia the term "rice burner" was the derogatory term given (as you point out) to Japanese cars. This was befor anyone would have even bothered bolting a body kit on one. I think cars were still all made on metal then.
    Why were japanese cars being referred to as "rice burners"?

A tenuous link between Japan and rice and the premise that they ran on rice instead of petrol. All very racist.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    A tenuous link between Japan and rice and the premise that they ran on rice instead of petrol. All very racist.
    OIC... thx for clearing that up.

well i think there is a difference between imports and rice. rice is those cars that pose that they are a race car. they put all those stickers on theire cars like they are sponcerd or something. and they also have those half painted body kits on their 84 hatch back. but more simply ricer=poser.

last i though was that ricer meant a person who puts a fart can or just simply a big muffler on a 4-6 cylinder engine, lotza stickers and what not with them tellin that stickers gave'em horses. btw nice acronym Dub'd.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Riceboy, a.k.a. Ricer: Definitions vary widely. Ask a die-hard domestic iron fan, and it's any driver of an Asian import. But as used here, the term refers to those curious creatures who subscribe to an unusual belief system which holds the following to be true:

1) A 5-inch exhaust tip can give you 20 HP.

2) Fictitious racing team stickers are worth 10 HP each. Performance part vendor stickers are worth 5 HP each, whether or not you actually have the vendor's parts on the car. Type "R" stickers are worth 15 HP and can go on any car.

3) Any rim smaller than 18" is lame..Bigger rims are better and make you faster, despite what those crazy physics laws say. And it doesn't matter if your speedometer is now off by 20% as long as you look good.

4)The Fast and the Furious is not fiction it's a documentary. Everything in it is true, and it's the greatest movie ever made.

5)You must put a rear wing on everything. It must be approximately the same height as the car's roof. Those people that laugh at you for putting a wing on a FWD car are just jealous.

6) Your body kit and wing have no weight of their own. Those people who tell you that any performance increases you have managed to make are negated by the 200 lbs. of fiberglass you have hanging off the car are just jealous.

7) Two windshield wipers which clear the entire windshield and lay neatly out of the way when not needed are inferior to one big brightly-colored wiper which clears only the middle of the windshield and sits in the middle blocking your vision when not needed.

8 ) There is SO such a thing as a Civic GT-R!

9) Your stereo should cost at least as much as the value of your car, and if you can hear that ambulance behind you trying to get by, your stereo is not loud enough.

10) You must always drive with your seat leaned as far back as possible. After all, you're such a bad-ass gangsta you never know when some hata will take a shot at you, especially when cruising around the 'burbs.

11) You can call your car "JDM" if you go buy some amber trailer lights at Pep Boys and stick them on the fenders.

And last but not least,

12) Once you have done everything described above, your Civic LX will be the fastest car on Earth. You're MUCH faster than that non-Honda whatchamacallit sitting next to you at the light. He's obviously really slow, his exhaust is making a funny rumbling sound instead of buzzing like a fast car's should. You're faster, go for it.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

I think that that post is one of the truest posts I've seen. Ricers are people that put fart cannons, non-necesary rear wings, body kits, stickers, and paint jobs to make their cars look fast. Also a lot of them sound like weed wackers.

Rice can typically be phrased as "all show and no go"
    Alot of time modification that are totally not necesary, and some that hurt perfomance rather than help(body kits, wings) are considered rice.
    And sometimes when people modify cars that were not made to race (i.e Civic and other family cars) that is considered rice.
    Here are some examples
    Nice

Rice

Nice

YAy F&F! RICE

Nice

rice

Nice

rice

i sometimes trully wonder though, cars can always be made for shows that don't need to have performance but a good look, they put bodykits and rear wings and good sound systems but they focus more on show than performance, those that don't rev-up just cause they think they look like pro's, but they care about the show, those shouldn't be called ricers.
    btw......hope ya ain't sayin a supra isn't a race minded car, or a evo, or the RX-7, or even the NSX.(i think ya ain't meanin that, ya just explainin which are ricers and which aren't Slicks)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

rice = to guys that have money and don't knhow what to do with it so they spend that money on their cra until they get uglier than the friends car and then they buy a big stereo for the car to put the poeple on tyhe street lestin to the music they are listening. then some times the supid ones think they can get some babes with their cars ( and some times they can ) so to do that they put the sunglasses and ride on the streets with the music and they neons trying to get some attention from the girls. and there are also the gyus who whant to win money with their stupid car so they put NOS and go to streets making races on straight roads ( normally on 400 metres road ) and some times they kill them selfd and other peoples triyng to do that

so in the end rice is a stupid thing that poeple do sometimes for money other times only call teh atention of other poeples and other times because they must be insane ...

damm this is my biggest post since i enter on ucp .. i hope i hadn't write may errors
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

Thread Information