Thread: Ford Laser vs Toyota Corolla

Ford Laser vs Toyota Corolla

You know, the S'pore edition of Autocar said that the new Laser's quality is waaaaaay below the Corolla's, but I didn't believe it. I mean, look, the Laser has always been a great car, but now people say its quality sux. I was just wondering if you guys over at the States think the same way.

I think Singapore is one of the last countries to still be getting the Ford Laser. Late 2002, Ford Australia decided to cut the 323 based Laser from the market and introduce the Focus, as the replacement to the 323, the Mazda3, was going to share architecture with the second gen focus anyway. So far, the Focus has gone off to a VERY slow start and cars like the Astra and Corolla still lead the market
    I am the Stig

Well they bothare great cars for the ecconmy stakes...i have drivan both of the currant platforms (well anyways a few years old carolla andmybrothers last of laser) and they both went quite well and effortlessly...if i didnt haveafixation ofsriveing something hi po these are the things i would be looking at i think the carolla was a bit quicker and i dont think that anyone would be shunned for saying the lasers platform was a bit dated...but still they where both on very level pegging...bothof them have been lacking any fun versions for a while (lasers last hi po model and i use that loosly was the sr2) if they made a turbo AWD version of the laserslike they used too they would of been absolute screamers and if like before they where fiarly affordabletheywould have many young ford fans and ethnics in them....

Well a few little hicups with the ecus and introducing something new will take time...if they had a hi po version (a real one) that would help alot...so too would one of the cossie powerd AWD versions competing in GTP imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    if they made a turbo AWD version of the laserslike they used too they would of been absolute screamers and if like before they where fiarly affordabletheywould have many young ford fans and ethnics in them....
    well unfortunately, it wouldve had to be mazda to make that move, like it was for the original TX3 Laser and the Familiar GT-R
    I am the Stig

Thread Information