Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite car in your model collection?

Thanks. I think it's by Fujimi. Built it about 10 years ago. I'll find some real mesh for the grille sometime.

My personal favourites go out to the 2 best models I did-My 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 by Fujimi (had to go through hell to get that one), finished it in Pearl White /Light Transparent Purple so it looks white but up close in light it's kind of purplish.

My other is one I finished about a week ago, a brand new Tamiya Kit, A;lfa Romea GTV. My Paasche hasn't failed me yet, and the coat on this one is the best I've ever done. This is the only one where I actually paid attention to the engine because I usually don't care and just put them on unpainted. But damn-I hate those metal transfer emblems-I jusst finished an Alpine a110 and it did work out, but not like I had hoped. Any help on that?

The two favourite pre-built models I have are by AutoArt, one is a Panoz AIV Roadster (1999,red) and a Lotus Esprit (1984, yellow). God, I love those.

I'll put some pix on eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    But damn-I hate those metal transfer emblems-I jusst finished an Alpine a110 and it did work out, but not like I had hoped. Any help on that?
    Just cut them very close to the edge, and then lift them from the transparent background using an exacto knife. There will be enough glue left on the sticker to keep it on its place. Don't bother with the offical Tamiya instructions, rubbing it with a pencil of sorts. Imagine that you have to do the Benz star on the radiator of the MB600SEL. What colour did you use on the alpine?

I still have to work on the Fujimi 1967 911R model.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I did a Tamiya light blue and then about 5 minutes later I put on Testors True Blue Pearl, so in the light it is a light blue but in the shade it is much darker, the colour is very close to that on the box.

Thanks for the tips..I'll have to try that.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...chmentid=13236

I did mine in Tamiya Alpine blue. You actually put the Testors on a wet coat or was 5 minutes enough not to mix up the paint.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yeah, it mixed,the light Tamiya wasn't metallic--but it turned out looking exactly like that, maybe a little lighter, and it looks very nice, very clean. When I was at my local hobby store they only had a few Tamiya paints, so I had to improvise. As soon as I get my server set up, I'll put a pic up.

The Tamiya Alpine Blue colour is the EXACT colour of the factory cars - I know
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well, here it is

looks good, nothing wrong the blue colour.

tvr tuscan speed 6

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Die cast ones count? For me it's a toss up between the '58 Chevy Impala and the '55 Ford Crown Vic. Honorable mention goes to the '62 Chevy Bel Air 409.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I hope so....

My favourite is my 1/2000 1971 Valiant Charger E49 in a eye-watering shade of orange. I have number 137.

Honourable mention to my BMW 2002 Tii model and Ferrari 328 GTS.

I really don't have the patience to make my own, so i spend the extra money and get someone else to do them for me!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

[QUOTE=IBrake4Rainbows

My favourite is my 1/2000 1971 Valiant Charger E49 in a eye-watering shade of orange. I have number 137.
    [/QUOTE]

That's awfully small, can you actually see it?

Funny.

it's 1:18th Scale, 1 of 2000.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Mine's an Audi R8 infineon, and also a Merc 300SLR 722 Mille Miglia.

Thread Information