Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monaco 2005

Monaco 2005

What are your pronostics about Monaco GP 2005 ?

A lot of curves in this track. It would look like Raiknonnen Alonso M. Schumacher in the final quailfying as top three.(no specific order) But to soon to tell race results

I think it's between Raikkonen, Alonso and Trulli. They have the best cars and have been making to most of it lately.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

In terms of raw pace it looks as though McLaren are the top of the tree at the moment so I'd put them as favourites. Raikkonen is on top form at the mo but Montoya loves Monaco and is a previous winner there so I wouldn't bet against him putting in a strong showing. The Renaults look a very close second behind McLaren in pace terms, and if it's anything like last year their car will suit the circuit perfectly. I reckon the podium will be made up from those two teams, maybe 1. Raikkonen 2.Fisichella 3. Alonso.

Don't think the Bridgestones are gonna up to the test of Monaco as it's a real car breaking circuit. Bad news for Ferrari. It would take something amazing from Schumi to get a podium I think. If I was a betting man and fancied an outside bet I'd put a tenner on one of the Toyotas claiming their first GP win. They look quick, if a little inconsistent, and Trulli is the defending champ so he obviously loves the track. Shame BAR can't be there because they look genuinely quick and could've challenged the Renaults and McLarens.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I think it will be a good day for williams if they keep there tyres in tacked, Cause there lack of straight speed wont hurt them here
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Its a very high downforce track though, so that aspect will hurt them. depends i suppose how they get their gearing and everything for the track, whether they try and make any compensations there etc. They might have enough new aero goodies to overcome most of the performance differential to McLaren and Renault.

Toyota though have said they might be lucky to just be in points contention, so that could give one of the lesser performing teams a shot at decent points.
    I am the Stig

And if he gets up front he must get a great start hard to pass there, Williams starts this year have been shitty, Has it always been that way in the past with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Homem de Gelo
    I think it's between Raikkonen, Alonso and Trulli. They have the best cars and have been making to most of it lately.
    So do I

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    And if he gets up front he must get a great start hard to pass there, Williams starts this year have been shitty, Has it always been that way in the past with them?
    Not that i know of, someone else may be able to shed better light on the situation though. Last year though Renault were the ones with the lightning starts though, and a couple of teams seem to have somewhat caught up, perhaps Williams arent as far as the rest, but not exactly left behind either.

Passing is hard on Monaco, so qualifying should be interesting. Does anyone know how much extra KG of fuel hurts the lap tims relative to the other tracks etc? On one of the motorsport shows here, they were implying some teams might actually do a 1 stop strateg with the risk of losing track position through the pitstops.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Passing is hard on Monaco, so qualifying should be interesting. Does anyone know how much extra KG of fuel hurts the lap tims relative to the other tracks etc? On one of the motorsport shows here, they were implying some teams might actually do a 1 stop strateg with the risk of losing track position through the pitstops.
    But surely starting-grid position is more important. If you load the car up heavily in 2nd qualy then you're gonna be way down in the pack for the start and for the first stint, especially with the difficulty of overtaking. Also you're gonna be much slower after your pitstop than everyone on 2 stoppers. Plus with the car being heavier it'll be more stressful on the tyres and brakes; the last thing you need at Monaco with the new regs! The negatives outweigh the positives from what I can see.

The only way I can see a 1 stop strategy being used is if someone dicks up in 1st qualifying. If, with the new aggregate qualy times, they don't look capable of getting a good grid position no matter how quick they are in 2nd qualy they could take a gamble on a 1 stopper. Otherwise I think everyone will just play it safe with the standard 2 stop strategy.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I agree that there will most likely be standard 2 stop strategies among the front runners. Maybe not the lesser teams though.

Risk a little early race but maybe be in there when there fuel loads are light they might come out up front if there car is fast all day.
    I'd do that with webber make him hold ground he does that good then hope they have tyres left to race. But knowing there grip he might be better going all out early?

its hard to say what they might go for, the race might be judged as much by tyre degredation as it is strategy
    I am the Stig

I think they looked better for grip but all out race speed they got killed early getting off bad, If he got past Raulf early or held down second i think he would have been 3rd or 4th. When stuck behind raulf you could see alonso in front of them not far away. So he might have 60% race speed up with the rest then goes off the rest.
    Wonder what happend to there late speed when he crashed with Giancarlo he had great speed with 18 laps to go 2 seconds faster then him before he went out in that race. I bet they wish they could find that speed again

its hard to say what they might go for, the race might be judged as much by tyre degredation as it is strategy
    In which case McLaren are positioned well.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information