Thread: Does anyone else ski/snowboard???

Does anyone else ski/snowboard???

hey guys i had the fortune to spend the last week snowboarding at thredbo (in australia). i was just wondering if anyone else skied or snowboarded and if so where you have done it? where can you recommend?

couple of pics to show that we do have good snow in australia

one of me in nice sunny conditions, one of a perfect day and run and one of my mate at the highest skiable point in australia - only 2000m
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

im skiing for about 7 years - last two years i was in austria in villach, but best time I spend in italy in ravascletto. This years ive bought new skis - atomic SX:7

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    im skiing for about 7 years - last two years i was in austria in villach, but best time I spend in italy in ravascletto. This years ive bought new skis - atomic SX:7
    awsome! yeh i bought clothes and stuff this year but held off on buying a snowboard. am going back to the snow again in 3 weeks instead so damn expensive though...

yea, i ski-i never said i was good at it though.
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

Ski'er

I'm a skier, old school down hill, dont like snowboards at all...

The best snow here in Victoria would be Hotham, but Falls Creek has some insane runs...personally though im going to New Zealand in two weeks as the snow there rips over what we have here...and it costs less to go to the snow there than it does here.

I'll post up some pics when I get back, show you what snow really looks like
    Nissan Pulsar N15 S2 SSS
    Nice basic Mods
    Mad Sound system

I snowboard fairly regularly every winter, usually just at local hills. I've gone a few times to Whistler (ranked as the best ski resort in North America). The drive is about an hour-and-a-half from where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I snowboard fairly regularly every winter, usually just at local hills. I've gone a few times to Whistler (ranked as the best ski resort in North America). The drive is about an hour-and-a-half from where I live.
    damn i so envy you i would kill to have snow, let alone whistler 1.5 hrs away...

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar_SSS
    I'm a skier, old school down hill, dont like snowboards at all...

The best snow here in Victoria would be Hotham, but Falls Creek has some insane runs...personally though im going to New Zealand in two weeks as the snow there rips over what we have here...and it costs less to go to the snow there than it does here.

I'll post up some pics when I get back, show you what snow really looks like
    hehe, obviously i am a snow boarder... i don't like them much either. much harder to read then skiers when you are trying to fang down a run and also we f - up the snow

a friend of mine is in falls creek this week (damn her)...

and yeh please post some pics, i want to go to NZ next year for sure. i just don't know which resort/area... any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by @wall

and yeh please post some pics, i want to go to NZ next year for sure. i just don't know which resort/area... any suggestions?
    either Queenstown or canterbury-Queenstown has more things to do so i suggest go there
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

yer i did for about a year but then i dislocated my wrist i treid to do a boardslide then it took off from there
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

I snowboard often during the winter. usually to whitface maby some of you have heard of it. its good fun. Iv tried sking and pulled a groin muscle and well that was the end of that
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I fancy having a go, but there ain't much snow about.
    Thanks for all the fish

i love skiing, and am quite good. problem is, my mom is the only other person in my fam who skis and she isnt as good as me, so its hard to find a ski companion. my sister is also a skier, but she is not that good, but shes young. my best friend is an excellent skiier and has skied in the french alps, hes from france originally. once i can drive, we will go up to some nice mountains for road trips hopefully. a skiing trip is in the works with my family out to utah or some other place out there. when i skied for the first time, i took a group lesson, and took to it naturally and moved up 5 levels in 1 day.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

i snowboard, been ridin hardcore for about 5 years now. I just got a new Nitro punisher board and the new Flow bindings, and new saloman boots. Great sport!

i recomend jackson hole, or sunrise
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I've been skiing one time at Pine Knob, I believe. I was a whole lot of fun, and I wish I could go again, unfortunately I now live in Georgia, where there is nowhere to go skiing/snowboarding. Too bad
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Thread Information