Thread: Ultimate budget supercar

Ultimate budget supercar

I couldn't decide whether to put this in this thread or stick it up as a seperate thread, but as I understand it, digging up old threads is considered pretty uncool, as are reposts, but I reckon this deserves it's own thread. Anyway, this is what I would call my affordable dream car. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/det...?i=24246&s=151

As you might have gathered from my screen name, I have a soft spot for Minis, particularly ones that have had a VTEC conversion. This one has got to be the ultimate VTEC conversion. It's brandishing 200bhp, is very tidy and is totally blinged out with Ferrari 355 leather seats!!! I'd prefer an original Mini rather than a Clubman, but such is life.

All for 10,500 quid, or just short of £20,000 US.

(Anyone know what the going rate for a kidney is on eBay?)

One last thing, I'm quite blatently nothing to do with this car, the guy selling it or the website it's posted on, it just popped up when I was doing a search for VTEC Minis. So please don't think this is an advert, cos it's no more so than anyone else posting McLaren SLRs on eBay or whatever.

how quick is that beast? it looks AWESOM!

thats a beast of a machine
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Pricey

Why not go the whole hog and get a bona-fide race car. Coudl be put back on the road with VERY little effort .....
    http://www.mobile.de/SIDu.qGbChWYPXw...1111140360536&

300bhp, 0-60 in sub 5s not sure top speed 160+mhp or thereabouts
    For almost half the price of the Mini. Pose verses poise
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i'd take either, but i enjoy the idea of a VTEC in a old mini
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

Wow, I like that idea, very uhhhhh different. Yeah, I would also like to see some performance numbers on that car.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

I can think of plenty, but one that sticks out for me is the Daihatsu Charade Detomaso. This great little hot hatch is one nice car! Despite only coming with a 1.5 something engine it only weighs 850kg, thus making it a awesome little handler! I really wanna buy one of these, maybe turbo the engine, and take it to a few track days! And they're super cheap round here, you can pick one up for 5 grand!

Charade Detomaso

Thread Information