Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mercedes-Benz SL fans thread

The Mercedes-Benz SL fans thread

I am a hugh fan of the new 5th generation SL (R230) and I want to create a thread for discussions on this car, the current model, or past SL's. I have tons of pics and even videos on the new SL and would post or send them to ppl. If anyone wants to share pics, vids or comparisons of the SL model to other cars or with older versions, here is the place to do it. Anyone also have links or other places to find out about the SL pot them here. I'll start with a few.

germancarfans.com -this is a site of all german cars and has over 100 pics of the new SL, the SL55 AMG, SL500, SL600 and SL350.

http://amg-owners-club.com -this is a site with AMG cars and SL pics and videos. There are 2 SL videos and are worth the download if you have dial up like me.

-Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG in Capri blue metallic with 5-Hole Style K wheels, NICE!!!!!!!

I once stood next to an early '90s 500SL when the driver started the engine... what a great sound it made!
    Friends say that I've always got a smile on my face.

I was at the New York International Autoshow and I got in the SL500 and SL55 AMG. Its great and fits me like a glove. I am in love with the SL55 AMG but it is one expensive glove at $113,000.
    I wish I could hear the engine up close or put the top up.

Yea, sat in the car too, fantastic, but my fav merc sl is the SL55k modified by kleemann, looks fantastic , feels fantastic and the interior is superb

My brother has a good mate whose dad owns an SL55 and he lets him drive it everywhere. Its a pity that they are going to sell it in a few weeks. Unfortunately the pics are too big to post here, but they are floating around on the sc.net forums.
    Until you prove otherwise, I shall assume you are an idiot.

(sl500)this car is a real beauty and in singapore in cost around 500 000+++ for full spec version and guess what i see a few everyday which means only one thing............................singaporeans are bloofy filthy rich(LOL)

Originally posted by motorhead
    (sl500)this car is a real beauty and in singapore in cost around 500 000+++ for full spec version and guess what i see a few everyday which means only one thing............................singaporeans are bloofy filthy rich(LOL)
    Cars are such a rip off in Singapore because of all the taxes. I remember when I went there the guy hosting me had a 7 series that he had to pay some ridiculous tax on a year (I think around AUS$15,000) and we went for a half an hour drive and went through like 4 E-Tag stations.
    Until you prove otherwise, I shall assume you are an idiot.

Only SL

300SL,300SLR,2003-SL500
    Like this BRABUS
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the best SL is either one of the following:
    1-Brabus K8
    2-Kleeman SL
    3-AMG SL55
    The attachment is a Kleeman SL..Coool
    Attached Images Attached Images

i prefer the retro sl as i like to call it, the model before the newest one. thats my fav especially the sl55 model

stories about Mercedes

Hello, everyone,

we are searching for interesting stories about the brand "Mercedes" for an exihibition with the concept "brand and man". Since you are all fans of Mercedes-Benz SL, you may know some people who have done something cool with the sign of Mercedes: for example people who paint the star of Mercedes on their garden fence or build a coffin in the form of a Mercedes car etc. If you could give us some clues or informations about this theme, we would be very thankful.

Cheers, Totems

i am the biggest ( same as Benzboy ) most hardcore i like the
    SL 55
    SL 55 AMG
    SL 65
    SL 65 AMG
    SL 320
    SL 500
    SL 500 AMG
    SLK 230
    SLR McLaren
    every C/E-Class
    i pratically love em all

p.s. if im replying late its because " " lil tip its at the top
    Last edited by cuntukimushroom; 10-26-2004 at 12:22 PM.
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

scuse me mate, SL55 and SL55 AMG are the same. mebbe a typo? oh, and SL65 and SL65 AMG too.

The SL55 AMG is probably the best SL you can buy today but I still think that the 300SL Gullwing is the sweetest SL ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    The SL55 AMG is probably the best SL you can buy today but I still think that the 300SL Gullwing is the sweetest SL ever.
    I agree.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information