8 25.00%
  • rolls royce silver seraph

4 12.50%
  • VW pheaton

1 3.13%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luxury At Its Best

Originally posted by Lagonda
    1.Why is the A8 4.2 better ? because it's faster ? Then you obviously never driven one of the 2 cars...
    2.The S600 is a 5,5 litre now, there is no W12 A8 at the moment.
    3.A 6 liter engine (or 5,5) is irrational in these days.
    4.AWD is for people who can't drive or for off-road vehicles , completely useless in this kind of car.
    5.The suspension of ANY Audi is uncomfortable, always been like that.
    yes,thats right
    i agree with you
    the mercedes ride is the best
    and fast luxury

Originally posted by Lagonda
    1.Why is the A8 4.2 better ? because it's faster ? Then you obviously never driven one of the 2 cars...
    2.The S600 is a 5,5 litre now, there is no W12 A8 at the moment.
    3.A 6 liter engine (or 5,5) is irrational in these days.
    4.AWD is for people who can't drive or for off-road vehicles , completely useless in this kind of car.
    5.The suspension of ANY Audi is uncomfortable, always been like that.
    ok - ask you this - how many s55/s600 merc do people buy - audi like everybody else wants to be rich or should i say filthy rich thus they go for the mass market - like in the 4.2 and s500 class - more people buy that kind of cars then the high performance is quite useless actually - all the high performance s-classes i see on the road are all topping out at say 120km/h - which is pretty slow for a 500HP monster - 4 wheel drive you say is useless eh - do you know the audi completely destroys the merc on a twisty road - on a straight nobody cares what drive you in - 4 wheel drive may compromise acceleration time but then again you have traction which prevents any wheelspin or anything of that sought - so then again it does not really make a difference - when it somes to the twisty stuff you will realise how damn good the A8 is - in the wet the s-class is totally toasted - its 4 matic four wheel drive system is obviously not as good as audi's quattro but then again merc buyers do not really care so i'll not go there - you all are talking as if the s-class is damn freakin easy to handle at high speeds - that title goes completely to the A8 - its structugal rigidty is better then the merc thus it prevents body sways or any bodyroll of any kind - its alluminium thus is does not weight like the earth but its still heavy because of all the technology put into it - the s-class is old school luxury - the A8 in intellegent luxury
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by motorhead
    ok - ask you this - how many s55/s600 merc do people buy - audi like everybody else wants to be rich or should i say filthy rich thus they go for the mass market - like in the 4.2 and s500 class - more people buy that kind of cars then the high performance is quite useless actually - all the high performance s-classes i see on the road are all topping out at say 120km/h - which is pretty slow for a 500HP monster - 4 wheel drive you say is useless eh - do you know the audi completely destroys the merc on a twisty road - on a straight nobody cares what drive you in - 4 wheel drive may compromise acceleration time but then again you have traction which prevents any wheelspin or anything of that sought - so then again it does not really make a difference - when it somes to the twisty stuff you will realise how damn good the A8 is - in the wet the s-class is totally toasted - its 4 matic four wheel drive system is obviously not as good as audi's quattro but then again merc buyers do not really care so i'll not go there - you all are talking as if the s-class is damn freakin easy to handle at high speeds - that title goes completely to the A8 - its structugal rigidty is better then the merc thus it prevents body sways or any bodyroll of any kind - its alluminium thus is does not weight like the earth but its still heavy because of all the technology put into it - the s-class is old school luxury - the A8 in intellegent luxury
    you only talk about 4wheel drive and its speed
    Comfort,ride???????????
    A8 isn't a success car in luxury (never)
    you know that a s600 raced with a 360modena???????????!!!!!!!!!!
    s600 0-60 mph:4/6!!!! hehehe
    s600 0-100 mph:10/5
    s600 400ms:12/9 at top speed:180/8
    with more than 2000kgs weight
    s600 0-150 mph (240 kmh):24/1
    i think you will shut up after that performance

s-classes i see on the road are all topping out at say 120km/h - which is pretty slow for a 500HP monster
    you are blind
    BULLSHIT i have ever heard

Originally posted by SL500
    you only talk about 4wheel drive and its speed
    Comfort,ride???????????
    A8 isn't a success car in luxury (never)
    you know that a s600 raced with a 360modena???????????!!!!!!!!!!
    s600 0-60 mph:4/6!!!! hehehe
    s600 0-100 mph:10/5
    s600 400ms:12/9 at top speed:180/8
    with more than 2000kgs weight
    s600 0-150 mph (240 kmh):24/1
    i think you will shut up after that performance
    there you have it - merc does their performance in their luxury sector and audi does it in their executive sector(S/RS models)you have the audi s8 which could run down a ferrari or porsche anytime also so....comfort wise - it is sacrificed by the good handling thats why - simple - i have a lot of respect to the merc but i give much more to the A8 - thats my opinion and thats it - cars are good in certain things and not in some so lets end this ok
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

The S600L is the best of the luxury cars. The Audi A8 isn't quite good enough to take on the S-Class yet, the 7-Series BMW is way too ugly, the XJ is good value and if you don't have S-Class money, it is a serious consideration, the Lexus is very well equiped for the money but too boring, but if you have the money for a Bentley Arnage, that is great, and a very good choice.

there you have it - merc does their performance in their luxury sector and audi does it in their executive sector(S/RS models)you have the audi s8 which could run down a ferrari or porsche anytime also so....comfort wise - it is sacrificed by the good handling thats why - simple - i have a lot of respect to the merc but i give much more to the A8 - thats my opinion and thats it - cars are good in certain things and not in some so lets end this ok
    ok,i agree its your opinion
    but i like the new A8 but never instead merc S-Class
    and you know that merc is much comforty and has a nice ride you enjoy that when you drive it
    A8 is a Sporty saloon

ok,i agree its your opinion
    but i like the new A8 but never instead merc S-Class
    and you know that merc is much comforty and has a nice ride you enjoy that when you drive it
    A8 is a Sporty saloon
    there you have it - its settled
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by RS6
    The S600L is the best of the luxury cars. The Audi A8 isn't quite good enough to take on the S-Class yet, the 7-Series BMW is way too ugly, the XJ is good value and if you don't have S-Class money, it is a serious consideration, the Lexus is very well equiped for the money but too boring, but if you have the money for a Bentley Arnage, that is great, and a very good choice.
    BMW 7-series has a nice ride but yes little ugly (i know you HATE bmw!)and can't match with merc ride
    bentley arnage is too expensive i think bentley only the Continental GT and past cars but now it hasn't that sell and few rich peoples buy that cars.
    i think the new LS430 is ugly (rear really ugly and too bad design)
    peoples,what do you think about phaeton?

BMW 7-series has a nice ride but yes little ugly (i know you HATE bmw!)and can't match with merc ride
    bentley arnage is too expensive i think bentley only the Continental GT and past cars but now it hasn't that sell and few rich peoples buy that cars.
    i think the new LS430 is ugly (rear really ugly and too bad design)
    peoples,what do you think about phaeton?
    pheaton - damn good machine but people cannot get over the fact that its just a passat on steroids - and i believe them although i know its not
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE?

Y R U PPL ARGUING ABOUT AUDI AND MERCESDES WHEN THERE IS BENTLEY AND ROLLS-ROYCE????
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

Originally posted by motormaniac
    WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE?

Y R U PPL ARGUING ABOUT AUDI AND MERCESDES WHEN THERE IS BENTLEY AND ROLLS-ROYCE????
    With that crap prices nobody-not nobody who is crazy-just go to buy a bentley or a rolls royce.

With that crap prices nobody-not nobody who is crazy-just go to buy a bentley or a rolls royce.
    damn ****in right - youre so ****in right - with thr audi and merc a whole load cheaper than the roller and bentley with more gagets gizmos and better looks better overall performance - who would want to pay that much for a roller or bentley - get a porsche or some ferrari would be wise
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

I think the Pheaton is a very good car and all the technology. It also has some very good engines but I still prefer the Merc.

Originally posted by RS6
    I think the Pheaton is a very good car and all the technology. It also has some very good engines but I still prefer the Merc.
    Thanx man,yeah ths s-class is a great car and merc biuld great cars

Thread Information