Thread: 100+ octane fuels

100+ octane fuels

you cant get this at your ordinary gas station .. obviously

so where can you get em? do u need a permit ? license?
    whats the cost of say ... 104?

i just curious, i not gonna get no racing fuel lol :P

I dono where i saw this (i think it was the speed channel) but one time on tv I saw i show where they went to this one gas station in like wisconson or something and the place sold 100 octain fuel for like $5/usg. It was a funny show because there what almost a steady stream of exotic car owners (lambos, ferraris, porsches, benzes, and a lot of high compression muscle cars) that they interviewed and stuff. It was cool. Im not sure it was wisconson, but for lack of a better way to say it.... it was a red neck state
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

if you have any 1/8th - 1/4 mile drag tracks......they should sell it there, i think they even sell 120 octane. or at least thats so at my local 1/8th, and at the quarter mile like an hour from here,
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Two weeks ago I went to Waterfest (huge VW show) in New Jersey. They were selling 100 octane and 108 octane on the strip for ~$4.50 and $5.50 a gallon. Man, that stuff smells...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Just remember that higher octane fuels do not neccesarily mean your car will be faster... a car designed to be used with regular unleaded will not always be aided by 104 octane...
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 07-28-2004 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Just remember that higher octane fuels do not neccesarily mean your car faster... a car designed to be used with regular unleaded will not always be aided by 104 octane...
    yup, its really only nessecary if you have high compression ratios or running on high boost, higher octane reduces the chance of knocking ^^

yeh......thats why it says buy 93 octane on some car manuals. that'd be nice gettin 120 octane, and some 30ish psi of boost. or some 12:1 compression(lol)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

in europe the shell gas stations sell V-power , i think thats 100 octane.

93 octane? and i thought got sh*t fuel here......the regular stuff's 91, normal premium's 95 and 3 people offer 98 octane. thats as far as it goes for road legal, but people use methanol and avgas on the track
    I am the Stig

As long as you don't have a cat' and dont' care about the neghbours kids (!) then go to your nearest airfield and buy "AVGAS".

Cheap 100+octane fuel. But used to have LOTS of lead and other additives ( planes fly in more extremes than cars )

Alledgedly some rally drivers used to put avgas in their tanks and jerry cans when competing - alledgedly of course
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

My car's manual says that anything above 86 will do just fine... Is that high??

jk

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    Im not sure it was wisconson, but for lack of a better way to say it.... it was a red neck state
    Wisconsin isn't a redneck state, it's a whiteneck state . There's a subtle difference residing mainly in the fact that whitenecks don't inbreed . I should know, as I have lived in Wisconsin almost all my life with a short bit of time in Florida. Obvious difference between the two .
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

Around where I live, you can buy racing gas ( anything from 104-120) because of all the race tracks around here. But a too high octane level doesn't do to much unless you have a modified cam.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    in europe the shell gas stations sell V-power , i think thats 100 octane.
    Shell in malaysia only sell 97octane fuel, while the regular is 92. its all the same at all the stations in malaysia, and everyone is using 97 octane fuel, except for the motorbikes which still uses octane 92 (some of them only)

hey if i run 12:1 compresion ratio what octane should i use?

-edit-
    oh ya by the way 97octane premium cost about 1.33US$ per US gallon, and people are complaining about the price already
    Last edited by SilverArrowZ; 07-28-2004 at 09:42 PM.

Thread Information