Thread: Sixteen being tested by Top Gear's James Mills

Red face Sixteen being tested by Top Gear's James Mills

You may think that 1000 bhp V16 engine will need a fuel station right in the trunk to refuel its thirst from while to while but Cady assures that this is not the case!!
    With Displacement on demand technology the engine will behave as a V8 and maybe as a 4cyl. unit some times!
    13.6 litres of displacement is much more than any one may be using.

The major draw back in this car is the weak braking system beneath its huge 24 inch wheels.
    On the other hand it is magnificently luxurious on the inside hosting for example a Bulgari clock and crystal dials.

For more info click this link
    Last edited by kinan.f; 08-04-2003 at 06:28 AM.

yeah cadillac has this tech - like in the CIEN - if you are not using full power or little power - the v12 will automatically run on 6 cylinders to cut down emmision and increase fuel economy
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

I'll have to correct you there kinan.f. His name is actually 'James May'.

I'm quite suprised that Americans want more fuel economy in there cars. Fuel is so cheap there and it is unlikely that that Sixteen or Cien, if put into production, will come out in Europe. I mean take the Dodge Viper, 8.3 litres now and that must mean about 10 mpg.

Originally posted by RS6
    I'm quite suprised that Americans want more fuel economy in there cars. Fuel is so cheap there and it is unlikely that that Sixteen or Cien, if put into production, will come out in Europe. I mean take the Dodge Viper, 8.3 litres now and that must mean about 10 mpg.
    they wanna take their cars into a global market and the fuel out there is not cheap thus no one would buy a car if it does 10 or even 15 MPG - thats too much thus cadillac - instead of making small compact but very powerful engines - they are going for the cut the number of cylinders approach - but its still a mystery if they are gonna out it in their production vehicles by the way cadillac just packed their bags and left singapore and there are no cadillac delearships anywhere anymore - why - their cars are very good looking and very handy but there arer just not enough parts - its difficult to find - performance wise there are much better options at a lower price and the interior aint that nice in the seville STS - the 5 series/a6/merc E-class/jag s-type-/lexus GS etc etc all are better cars
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by RS6
    I'll have to correct you there kinan.f. His name is actually 'James May'.
    But TOPGEAR website had James Mills name on that article

Lightbulb Mercedes started that

Originally posted by motorhead
    yeah cadillac has this tech - like in the CIEN - if you are not using full power or little power - the v12 will automatically run on 6 cylinders to cut down emmision and increase fuel economy

i just wanted to point out that Mercedes Benz was the first company to pioneer the "cylinder cutoff" technology to improve emissions and gas mileage.

Re: Mercedes started that

Originally posted by Misho
    i just wanted to point out that Mercedes Benz was the first company to pioneer the "cylinder cutoff" technology to improve emissions and gas mileage.
    yeah,all know that man in V12 mercedes

a production version?

I've heard that cadillac might be producing a car based on the 16
    but it will have a V12 instead of a V16

Actually, the Viper gets about 13 mpg in mixed driving. And there's talk that the '04 version will be tuned to meet national Low Emissions Vehicle standards.

Thread Information