Thread: Abt Golf GTI

Abt Golf GTI

It’s THE cult object: Since generations the VW Golf GTI thrills all fans of aggressive, sporty but still payable cars. At the same time of delivery of the first models in November, as world-wide leading tuner for vehicles of the Volkswagen group, Abt Sportsline presents its version of the timeless original at the Essen Motor Show: additional power, greater aggressiveness, even more sportiness.

“Anybody driving a Golf GTI has nothing to explain.” This is an advertisement slogan for the latest baby from Wolfsburg. But this will hardly apply for drivers of the Abt Golf GTI. When stopping at a motorway service area they will have to provide information to nosy observers about the origin of the super sports car from Kempten. Because already at first glance the origin becomes clear – a complete body kit inclusive front spoiler lip manufactured in carbon fibre, side skirts, rear skirt and a rear muffler with four chrome end pipes make sure of this.

Under the body shell – the bonnet of the exhibition vehicle in Essen is made of carbon fibre – the handwriting of the engineers and designers from Kempten continues: the power of the innately fast 2.0T FSI power unit increases to 230 HP (147 to 170 kW) after the power cure and inherits snappy propulsion with 310 Newtonmetre. So that it doesn’t all only run smoothly in forward motion, the Abt Golf GTI is equipped with an Abt sport brake system.

The Abt sport suspension kit which is not only adjustable in height but also in rebound and pressure makes sure of optimal road holding on Europe’s motor ways. So therefore the Abt Golf GTI is optimally equipped and prepared for every challenge on the roads. The awarded Abt sport wheels SP1 in the size 8.5 x 19 inch with corresponding tyres of partner Dunlop ensure perfect contact between technology and asphalt.

The responsible persons at Abt Sportsline deal with power and sportiness in the same way as they go about setting further discreet optical exclamation marks on their new top sports car: the marked Abt logo is positioned on the steering wheel and on the rear, also the Recaro sport seats and the GTI floor mats in the interior are provided with the three letters.

One detail which is presented in Essen for the first time, for sure will be topic of conversation – not only when meeting on motor ways: Abt Sportsline has developed swing doors for its version of the GTI. A connection to motor sport where the motor sport team from Kempten once again presented itself as one of the most successful German teams in the current season: For the first time the Bavarians clinched the team title in the DTM.

Courtesy of supercars.de
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, but looks like a shtty chop.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Great looking forward to seeing pics of one doing say 125mph
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

This is a chop of the normal car, to show you what the real one will look like.

Guest Guest
    still looks nice tho

Thread Information