Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's "ARMY of ONE"

I am not 100% sure, because I heard it from my friend (I trust he is not making this up, if the information is wrong, it is probably because of his source).
    NASA has that "Aeronautics" in there because the original crews were engineers and mechanics for jet and plane designs. Before NASA exists, those people were working on a program in which they designed a jet that can reach 6 times the speed of sound. However, such program was canceled because of budget. I guess it might be to "compensate" the effort those people put into the development of the jet.

As for politics, I don't really like it. I think 90% of politicians are crooks. Anyway, I have nothing against Bush as a person, I just don't agree with certain things that he did. However, I came across with a news yesterday and reminded me something. Even if someone else replaces Bush's position, would it really be better (or not as worse)? Chances are, the new guy might just be worse than him.

Quote Originally Posted by lithuanianmafia
    truly is painful to see what the troops have gone through in Iraq, only to find out that many of their benefits and basic support are gone when they get back.

and still, no legitimate, supported reason for this war has been given.

just gonna wait for gtface to come here and tell me how wrong we are and how Dubya is a God
    A reason was given for the war, WMD, and how we were all in danger....not. I don't buy the story that BOTH the USA and GB said that no one was at fault, that's a white wash! Face it people, we got lied to!!! Twice!!! Bush is my presindent and as such I have the right to disagree with him and vote his redneck ass out of the White House.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

We all got lied to. Simple.
    We were all screwed over, Simple.
    We (The whole world, FYI) have been affected by a man who stated that The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar, A book released while he was in college, was his favourite childrens book.....

ah well, maybe they'll vote smarter next time. Oh wait, they did. Ain't recounts a bitch......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Just lookingat the way the Adminsitration (and the Senate and the Congress) dealt with the financial side of army staff, they may have worked under the motto: The best G1 is a dead G1. For best you may also read "cheapest"
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The reason "we" went to war = Regime change.
    Regime change = illeagal
    Cover story = WMD
    Thanks for all the fish

a little off topic, but has anyone ever noticed how some major guys in the current administration have names that relate to genetalia or related to it?

George W. Bush

Dick Cheney

Colin Powell

just an observation
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    they should have a mandatory iq test for the president, vice president, secretary of defense ... ah hell the whole cabinet, and publish the results

and inorder for someone to even qualify to be a candidate they should have one over 120 points

if you're dumb enuff to choke on a pretzel ... you might mistake the football for a nintendo
    you are judging someones intellegence by him chocking on something? he's in the spotlight and all you anti-bush ppl find ANYTHING to cut him down about, you have no idea how intellegent he is but it just makes you feel better to think of him as an idiot

We (The whole world, FYI) have been affected by a man who stated that The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar, A book released while he was in college, was his favourite childrens book.....
    same as above, his favorite childrens book... ok does he have a certain time frame in which the book must have been published for him not to look like an idiot? that point is very ignorant, judge him for his leading abilitys, judge him for his policy making, dont judge him for how he eats(or mishaps that occur durring) or his choice in childrens literature that just shows how limited in scope your thinking is
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

wow i half expected a semi-hostile rebutle after that...

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    wow i half expected a semi-hostile rebutle after that...
    we're all to busy rolling on the floor.

See, one stupid act or mistake or stumble ( physical, verbal or mental ) and you're reply would have been logical.

The list is too huge to be just "bad luck".

At some point you have to go "yup, moron"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    you are judging someones intellegence by him chocking on something? he's in the spotlight and all you anti-bush ppl find ANYTHING to cut him down about, you have no idea how intellegent he is but it just makes you feel better to think of him as an idiot

same as above, his favorite childrens book... ok does he have a certain time frame in which the book must have been published for him not to look like an idiot? that point is very ignorant, judge him for his leading abilitys, judge him for his policy making, dont judge him for how he eats(or mishaps that occur durring) or his choice in childrens literature that just shows how limited in scope your thinking is
    Ok, if Bush is such a brilliant man, how come we lost 3 million jobs in the begining of his administration? He's made them back yes, but Clinton created 23 million in his 4 years. When Clinton left The White House, we had a balanced budget, now we have a deficit, or don't we. And I can go on and on. And like I said before, he (and Tony Blair also) lied to us, and he knew it. We went to war so he could finish what his father wasn't able to.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

how come we lost 3 million jobs in the begining of his administration? He's made them back yes, but Clinton created 23 million in his 4 years. When Clinton left The White House, we had a balanced budget, now we have a deficit, or don't we. And I can go on and on. And like I said before, he (and Tony Blair also) lied to us, and he knew it. We went to war so he could finish what his father wasn't able to.
    thats what im talking about, your judging him as he should be judged, as a leader. not as a childrens literature critic, or by his table manners and ettiquet. hell he cant be that dumb, ppl belived him enough to got ot war in the first place... im not defending or cuting down how smart he is i just find it pointless to judge someones intelegence by the various non politics related blunders that are published by the media simply because ppl dont like him. hell clinton looked thru binoculars with the caps on buy you dont see pics of that posted all over the net like you do bushes. also it is blatently obvious busg doesnt have a way with words like clinton did, clinton was a salesman, bush's strong point is definatly not speach giving, again has nothing to do with his intellegence, mabe he gets nervous? yes presidents are ppl too...

example, my girlfriend has walked into a closed screen door... more than once and she's one of the smartest people i know(aside from me ) she's going to UCSD and is one of the top 10 in her class but she is very clumsy(just hope this trait doesnt carry over to when she's performing heart sergery... ) she trips, bumps, and does other various blunders ocasionally and if there were a camra on her 24/7, with various international media oganizations, many of which didnt like her for her professional side, would catch some on tape and make judgements on her intellegence. like i said, judge bush as a presedent, hes a human being just like us. if you dont like him b/c of the war so be it, if you dont like him b/c of his economical views so be it, but if you dont like him because he likes a childrens book called the crazy caterpillar(or whatever its called) then open your eyes and grow up...

im out

how come we lost 3 million jobs in the begining of his administration? He's made them back yes, but Clinton created 23 million in his 4 years.
    Congratulations, you've been officially duped by politicians and our pathetic mass media. Try researching how our country actually works. Presidents can neither lose nor create jobs, and it's not their job to do so. Certain policy decisions by either the executive or legislative branches of the government can have some effect on the overall economy, but usually it's like smacking a rhino with a flyswatter. A free-market economy, or a mostly free-market economy, such as we have, is a complex animal, much like the weather, it is governed by inescapable natural laws which derive, at their most basic level, from the basic tenets of human nature and psychology. The most prosperous systems of govenment are those that work with these laws, rather than try to fight or control them.
    The point is that no President has ever "created" a job, unless it was a government job, most of which are a drain on the economy rather than an asset. The only possible exception is FDR, whose New Deal programs created "make-work" jobs at taxpayer expense.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    Congratulations, you've been officially duped by politicians and our pathetic mass media. Try researching how our country actually works. Presidents can neither lose nor create jobs, and it's not their job to do so. Certain policy decisions by either the executive or legislative branches of the government can have some effect on the overall economy, but usually it's like smacking a rhino with a flyswatter. A free-market economy, or a mostly free-market economy, such as we have, is a complex animal, much like the weather, it is governed by inescapable natural laws which derive, at their most basic level, from the basic tenets of human nature and psychology. The most prosperous systems of govenment are those that work with these laws, rather than try to fight or control them.
    The point is that no President has ever "created" a job, unless it was a government job, most of which are a drain on the economy rather than an asset. The only possible exception is FDR, whose New Deal programs created "make-work" jobs at taxpayer expense.
    I beg to differ, presidents can create or lose jobs. How? By the way they handle the economy. In a strong economy, people experience what is called consumer confidence, which means they are earning well, feel secure in their jobs and hence they go out and spend money not just on what they need but also on what they want according to their possibilities. This creates jobs how? Well, competative businesses sell more, begin to grow and thus hire more people. In a weak economy the opposite happens, poeple start spending less, companies make far less and begin cutting their fixed costs, and the first thing most companies cut is labor cost ie jobs. So yes, a president can affect the job market. I should know, I'm a business broker.

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    I used to think that the 2nd gulf war would be good for Iraq (Getting rid of a tyrant, saving Shiites and Kurds, and fixing the country over a long run) but bad for the United States (A lot of money wasted on another country's well-being, and no benefits from the war besides the oil). However, now, I know that I was right about one thing. The war sucked for the United States. Little did I foresee that it sucked for Iraq too. Now without an Iron Fist, the country is in total anarchy. Bush simply thought 'wow, maybe if I go into a country with the most powerful military machine in the world, remove some tyrant, maybe the shiites will love me'. No dumbass, they will not love you for destroying their families, occupying their land, and assuming power in that country.
    The result of overthrowing Saddam cannot be finalised yet. There is still a long way to go. But do you say that it is better to leave a shitty situation because it will be too hard to make things right. The US did what they did for their own reasons. Ive said this before but it should not be a surprised. They did a good thing for the possibly the wrong reasons. Ill take that. And if the world can withstand the will of the terrorists who clearly are unhappy that Saddam is gone, for long enough the Iraqis may have a safe an better home than they did under Saddam.
    Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    As for the coalition returning power to the Iraqis, it is a load of bullshit. What happened here is not 'wow, we just destroyed a tyrant, and now someone nicer can run your nation' but rather it is a case of 'oh my ****ing god, running a country that we just beat the living crap out of is harder than i thought, here you go Iraq, take it back we do not want it anymore'. Just when the job of handling a war-torn country is getting to hard, Bush decides to back out like a bog-trotting pussy. Damn wankers.
    So on one hand half the world is crying for him to take his troops out and when he does he is to be condemned.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I beg to differ, presidents can create or lose jobs. How? By the way they handle the economy. In a strong economy, people experience what is called consumer confidence, which means they are earning well, feel secure in their jobs and hence they go out and spend money not just on what they need but also on what they want according to their possibilities. This creates jobs how? Well, competative businesses sell more, begin to grow and thus hire more people. In a weak economy the opposite happens, poeple start spending less, companies make far less and begin cutting their fixed costs, and the first thing most companies cut is labor cost ie jobs. So yes, a president can affect the job market. I should know, I'm a business broker.
    The world has a weak economy at the moment. September 11 certainly didnt help the US or anyone else. Maybe thi was Bush's way of stimulating it. Every good war needs expensive weapons and supplies. It also stimulates technology and legitimises military spending. Big bucks. Its a very cynical way to run the world. But the Prsident isnt the king. He does not rule by decree. His influence is measured by the epxerts he surrounds himslef with. He acts on this advise. So the decisions made are not his alone. If he is an idiot then so are many of those who work with him. Saddam on the other hand ruled in the style of a dictator. One whos policy included nepotism. He can be held responsible for the actions of his country. Unfortunately his country of whome most were blameless, were made to pay a terrible price.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information