Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bush's "ARMY of ONE"

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    The result of overthrowing Saddam cannot be finalised yet. There is still a long way to go. But do you say that it is better to leave a shitty situation because it will be too hard to make things right.
    It might not be finalised but we clearly can see that ever since the war, the country has been going downhill. And no, I d o not say it is better to leave a shitty situation.
    terrorists who clearly are unhappy that Saddam is gone, for long enough the Iraqis may have a safe an better home than they did under Saddam.
    I beg to differ. First of all, most of these 'terrorists' are more like resistance fighters (ie: when France was occupied in WWII). These people are upset, not because Saddam is gone, but rather because of the fact that they are occupied. Also, your point about the safety of Iraqis might be true. Keep in mind that without an Iron Fist to control the State, Iraq might fall apart in Anerchy (sort of like Germany after the First World War)
    So on one hand half the world is crying for him to take his troops out and when he does he is to be condemned.
    Again, you have misunderstood my point. I am not upset at the fact that power was returned to the Iraqis, but rather upset at how it was returned in a very hasty and un-organized fasion. They could have done a much better job, such as making sure of it before invading the country.

EDIT: BTW, I personally am not part of 'half the world' that wanted him to take his troops out. I felt it was his responsibility to clean up the mess he made, rather than letting someone else do it.
    Last edited by d-quik; 08-02-2004 at 12:43 AM. Reason: another point
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    It might not be finalised but we clearly can see that ever since the war, the country has been going downhill.
    There are aspect that are definitely going downhill. Being rid of the Bath party is going uphil though.
    And no, I d o not say it is better to leave a shitty situation.I beg to differ. First of all, most of these 'terrorists' are more like resistance fighters (ie: when France was occupied in WWII). These people are upset, not because Saddam is gone, but rather because of the fact that they are occupied.
    There certainly appear to be some who are from the Saddams military according to something I saw on tv recently. Naturally Saddam henchman would have plenty to be bitter about. But there are also terrorist organisations who want to exploite the situation while the world is focussed on Iraq. They are killing everyone, Muslims included.

I am not upset at the fact that power was returned to the Iraqis, but rather upset at how it was returned in a very hasty and un-organized fasion. They could have done a much better job, such as making sure of it before invading the country.
    I think the US probably had an idea of who and how they wanted Iraq governed by. The return of power has not been hasty. The timeline was prescribed and failry closely adhered to. The world and the people who you speak about in Iraq who want the invading forces out have been baying for this to happen sooner. The US has had to take a lot of heat by staying there for this long. I would like to see the Saudi proposal for Arab states to contribute to the internal security of Iraq.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

You say it as if to disprove one of my points, when everything you said (aside from your opinion that it was not done in a haste) I completly agree to.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

You say it as if to disprove one of my points, when everything you said (aside from your opinion that it was not done in a haste) I completly agree to.
    I am neither pro US or anti I try to see both sides. So where I agree with you , I simply agree. I am not trying to disprove, just dicsuss.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

It just seems like it. And I realised you were neither pro or con USA.

I beg to differ, presidents can create or lose jobs. How? By the way they handle the economy. In a strong economy, people experience what is called consumer confidence, which means they are earning well, feel secure in their jobs and hence they go out and spend money not just on what they need but also on what they want according to their possibilities. This creates jobs how? Well, competative businesses sell more, begin to grow and thus hire more people. In a weak economy the opposite happens, poeple start spending less, companies make far less and begin cutting their fixed costs, and the first thing most companies cut is labor cost ie jobs. So yes, a president can affect the job market. I should know, I'm a business broker.
    Okaaaaay....you beg to differ, say the President "handles" the economy, then go on to talk about jobs in strong and weak economies, without ever even trying to explain HOW exactly the President of the United States has determined whether the economy is strong or weak. The recent recession was felt all over the world. It has affected the Japanese far more severely and for longer than it has the U.S. In the modern day of freer global trade and economic interdependence, the economy of every country is affected, for better or worse, by the countless variables of not only their own economic, social, and political situtations, but all the variables of the rest of the countries, too. So if you'll please explain how a President, Prime Minister, or any other person can possibly hope to hold even a few of the strings of this giant global economic puppet show?
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    So if you'll please explain how a President, Prime Minister, or any other person can possibly hope to hold even a few of the strings of this giant global economic puppet show?
    BUSH; We don't like that your steel is cheaper than ours, so have some quotas and tariffs.

an "attempt" to control the global economy.

The WTO pointed out it was illegal.
    It was ignored.

so......

EUROPE: Get lost, our industry is less subsidised than yours. take away the restricion or we'll block your goods. With a 'nice' twist .....
    (from Dec 2003)The EU had carefully drawn up a list of products to target, which are produced in states expected to be the key battlegrounds in the November 2004 presidential election, such as citrus fruit from Florida.

BUSH: The quota helped the US industry and economic measures have changed and it's time to end the restrictions.

NEVER once was illegality mentioned or the European quotas !!!

So governments DO try to "pull the strings" of the world economy, but political expediency always seems to come out on top !!!!!

Steel is a $100s of BILLION dollar worldwide business
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    BUSH; We don't like that your steel is cheaper than ours, so have some quotas and tariffs.

an "attempt" to control the global economy.

The WTO pointed out it was illegal.
    It was ignored.

so......

EUROPE: Get lost, our industry is less subsidised than yours. take away the restricion or we'll block your goods. With a 'nice' twist .....
    (from Dec 2003)The EU had carefully drawn up a list of products to target, which are produced in states expected to be the key battlegrounds in the November 2004 presidential election, such as citrus fruit from Florida.

BUSH: The quota helped the US industry and economic measures have changed and it's time to end the restrictions.

NEVER once was illegality mentioned or the European quotas !!!

So governments DO try to "pull the strings" of the world economy, but political expediency always seems to come out on top !!!!!

Steel is a $100s of BILLION dollar worldwide business

Thanks Matra, that's an exelent example. There are other things that can help or hurt a country's economy, taxes (who gets taxed and how much), trade agreements, interest rates and counless other things that govenments have a direct hand in. This space isn't big enough to give you a macro economics leason.

So before you go out and vote this year, pay attention what both candidates have to say about their economic policies and don't just consider if they will help you but the rest of the country. Becuase if what you say is true that heads of state have nothing to do with a country's economic well bieng, then what's the point of them talking about what they are going to do?

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

oooh politics!

My girlfriend showed me this videogame the other day.
    Just as a heads up its extremely anti-bush, and full of propaganda
    but i thought it was really informative, lots of factual info (biased, but informative)
    http://www.emogame.com/bushgame.html

who to vote

Any of you still confused, still not knowing where to go.
    I'm an American, well actually a Naturalized American, an Immigrant.
    also a former US Air Force Service man.

* I'm still unclear when a country as generous like America be hated so much by the rest of the world.
    * Why a country with the most freedom, and tolerance be hated like this.
    * Why a country who takes hundreds of immigrants from all over the world and accept them in its borders (illegals and legal ).

* Why a country even with its all military might does not start conquering other countries,, yet the world think of it as imperialistic.

Less the rest of the world is contaminated , like the country where I came from.

its not America that needs to understand the world, its the world that needs to understand what real Freedom is all about.

who to vote:
    Find out who Osama Bin Laden wants to be the president, then
    vote for the other guy.

Find out who Jacque Chirac hates, then vote for the
    other guy.

your either a Muslim or an Infidel ,,, figure it out Brainiacs

so much for the Religion of Peace....

does not quite Add up

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    oooh politics!

My girlfriend showed me this videogame the other day.
    Just as a heads up its extremely anti-bush, and full of propaganda
    but i thought it was really informative, lots of factual info (biased, but informative)
    http://www.emogame.com/bushgame.html
    Biased but Informative ??

dude, Bias is fallsity in itself. I guess informative, but unreliable at best.

Quote Originally Posted by crimefighter196
    its not America that needs to understand the world, its the world that needs to understand what real Freedom is all about.
    America does need to understand the rest of the world.
    It is because of the arrogant attitude that "America is the best, therefore we shouldn't have to understand the rest of the world" that you get into all the trouble in the first place.
    Thanks for all the fish

so true

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Thanks Matra, that's an exelent example. There are other things that can help or hurt a country's economy, taxes (who gets taxed and how much), trade agreements, interest rates and counless other things that govenments have a direct hand in. This space isn't big enough to give you a macro economics leason.

So before you go out and vote this year, pay attention what both candidates have to say about their economic policies and don't just consider if they will help you but the rest of the country. Becuase if what you say is true that heads of state have nothing to do with a country's economic well bieng, then what's the point of them talking about what they are going to do?

Taz.
    "don't just consider if they will help you but the rest of the country."

got to say, your words ring so true.

I may add that one should also consider the future, as one make decisions in the present.

I have told my wife once, as she asks why I'm such a 'cheap skate', I responded: "I'm a cheap skate, because I am hopefull person, that tommorow I may not die, but tommorow I am sure to have to pay the bills"

So much is said about the War in IRAQ and how the entire process is done.

All agrees that Sadam is bad news to all, though not a direct terror threath, his downfall gives free nations a freedom to control the areas where the Terrorist hide, trade weapons, and maybe teach to their extremist views, as well as practice their shooting skills on locals.

But one thing came about all this mass chaos and death, that it be better that at times things like this happens, it opens up old wounds that seem to never heal,, maybe just maybe this time we can start to heal.

We would not have known that Sadam had no weapons of mass destruction,, heck good thing we found that the he did not have one,, otherwise we would have been left guessing ,,, right ? He sure is was not willing to tell,,, nor prove.

We would not have found US, France, Germany, China had been selling Arms to IRAQ even with the Sanctions ..

We would not have found out that the UN was missappropriating funds while the Children in IRAQ goes hungry.

I would have live my life not knowing that I'm Infidel and deserve to die !!!

Wow ,, Knowledge is Power .... What say you ???

Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    America does need to understand the rest of the world.
    It is because of the arrogant attitude that "America is the best, therefore we shouldn't have to understand the rest of the world" that you get into all the trouble in the first place.
    The world see America having an Arrogant attitude.

Arrogant --> free economic based society like America really sucks, citizens actually owns multiple homes and there is so much food, poor people are obbesed.

Arrogant --> I heard in America they let their women drive and become educated and rich.

Arrogant --> I heard America are so arrogantly rich they give money away to the rest of the world,, in the billiions

Arrogant -- > America is sooo aroogant they make sure that rogue states don't kill each other,, why can't they just let them African countries obliterate each other.

Daaamn those Arrogant Americans,,,, I heard they let Illegal aliens in their country,,, how dare them Americans,,,, they are soo Hospitable..

Arrogant Americans are ,, I hate them Freedom crap,, I heard you can say whatever you want to say in America ..

Arrogant Americans even give criminals their own right ,, where I came from they shoot them on the spot ..

Stupid Americans ,,,,, they let non US citizens vote !!,, How arrogant is that !!

ETC !! ,, I totally Agree with you,, Americans are arrogant ...

I'm an American, I'm a Naturalized American, I am Arrogant and Proud to be an American.

Quote Originally Posted by crimefighter196
    Any of you still confused, still not knowing where to go.
    I'm an American, well actually a Naturalized American, an Immigrant.
    also a former US Air Force Service man.

* I'm still unclear when a country as generous like America be hated so much by the rest of the world.
    Define "generous". Cite examples where US has 'given' with no strings.
    Explain why USA has withheld UN payments for important support programmes in 3rd world and elsewhere.
    * Why a country with the most freedom, and tolerance be hated like this.
    Perhaps because you beleive your own propaganda.
    The US defines freedom on a written "constitution" and anyone without one isn't 'free'. THAT is sooo wrong. The UK for example has the Magna Carta at the heart of a 600 year old legal system with plenty of freedoms, checks and controls. France has an advanced society based on "Libertie, Equalitie, Egalitie" ( btw that translates to LIBERTY, EQUALITY, FRATERNITY - that last one is so often forgotten in a legal system )
    So how is US more free ?
    * Why a country who takes hundreds of immigrants from all over the world and accept them in its borders (illegals and legal ).
    Lots of countries accept immigration, so other than quantity this is a meaningless point and typical of the "propoganda of government" in the US.
    Largest country, largest GDP (largest debt ) and plenty of land and growth opportunity. Of course it attracts more. There's not a lot of land or businesses not already been owned and operated from before the US was discovered. Clearly it won't be as "attractive".
    * Why a country even with its all military might does not start conquering other countries,, yet the world think of it as imperialistic.
    Because it was and IS but uses commercial imperialism.
    Suggest a history study on the expansion of US into British Commonwealth.
    Look at protectionism, the US has been one of the worst over the century.
    Less the rest of the world is contaminated , like the country where I came from.
    Not sure what you mean ?
    I'm afraid in general I think you are gravely mistaken as most of the weorld does know about America through media NOT controlled by big business and the 'dumbest viewer' focus. It's the US that knows so little of the rest of the world and sometimes acts in ignorance and sometimes arrogance.
    who to vote:
    Find out who Osama Bin Laden wants to be the president, then
    vote for the other guy.

Find out who Jacque Chirac hates, then vote for the
    other guy.

your either a Muslim or an Infidel ,,, figure it out Brainiacs

so much for the Religion of Peace....
    huh ??

Anyway counter to the 'brainiacs' question .. you're either American Freedom Fighter or Terrorist ?

Western approach can equally be described in blank and whit eterms as negatively as that Muslim comment. Few muslims would make that stupind comment of yours, shows HUGE lack of understanding of the world.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information