Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Which car do you HATE most?

maximas are rwd....far as i know...
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

well...

they really ought to be, having as much power as they do. However they are front wheel drive cars.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

What I hate

Ugliness:
    Pontiac Aztec
    New Beatle
    and any of those new crappy gas electic hybrids. You can always tell them as soon as you see them, they are the ugliest cars on the road. It's like the people who drive them are trying to make some sort of a status symbol. "Hey look, I drive an ugly piece of crap that's good for the environment....I'm better than you" I'm all for bettering the environment, but do they have to make them ugly?

Principle:
    H2
    it's not a hummer....it's a piece of s@#t. I got an idea, let's take the hummer body style, F*%k it up, put it on a Tahoe chasie and call it a hummer......morons

forgot to add, the PT Cruiser. Not bad looks, but nothing under the hood.....gutless, worthless
    Last edited by BoondockSaint; 09-29-2003 at 11:32 AM.

Re: What I hate

Originally posted by BoondockSaint

forgot to add, the PT Cruiser. Not bad looks, but nothing under the hood.....gutless, worthless
    In Europe we can get the PTC with a 2.2 litre Mercedes Common Rail Diesel engine. If you are looking for torque, then that is certainly under the hood, and by changing the engine management a little bit can be increased by another 25% (an you are still just sipping fuel)

I agree 100% with you about the Hummer. There are fortunately too few around here to really hate them.

Re: Re: What I hate

Originally posted by henk4
    In Europe we can get the PTC with a 2.2 litre Mercedes Common Rail Diesel engine. If you are looking for torque, then that is certainly under the hood, and by changing the engine management a little bit can be increased by another 25% (an you are still just sipping fuel)
    I still hate it. Even if there was a way to drop a viper v10 into it, it just frustrated me too much when I drove it to ever like it.

Re: Re: Re: What I hate

I still hate it. Even if there was a way to drop a viper v10 into it, it just frustrated me too much when I drove it to ever like it.
    One of the best modern examples of a good concept stuffed up by the bean-counters.
    Turbo or Supercharged it would never be a car you would actually want to drive!

Re: Re: Re: Re: What I hate

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    One of the best modern examples of a good concept stuffed up by the bean-counters.
    Turbo or Supercharged it would never be a car you would actually want to drive!
    agreed.

Re: What I hate

I thought you had only problems with the engine, but obviously there is more. My wife likes the car, should be a warning to all of you.

Re: Re: What I hate

Originally posted by henk4
    I thought you had only problems with the engine, but obviously there is more. My wife likes the car, should be a warning to all of you.
    I loved it when it first came out. I thought it had a cool kind of retor feel to it, and I love classic car. But when I drove it, I got so pissed off about not being able to friggen accelerate to 75 mph (highway speeds here) that I starte to hate it.

the PT cruiser is nothing but a gussied up dadge caravan(theur flagship minivan) if you want the power and feeling of a minivan with "hip"(read overdone) styling the PT is the car for you
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

RE: PT cruiser

A PT cruiser wouldn't be a bad choice..... if you compare it to the right competition. I would take one over the Aztec/Rendezvous just on looks alone, and from what I hear the PT turbo moves out OK, wonder if there is an SRT version in the making?

Besides my wife is just about ready to trade in the Windstar minivan .... but I got her pretty much decided on the Acura MDX.

CRAP !!!! .....I must be getting old ....talking 'bout minivans and the like

Uhhhh, land rovers pretty much in general, but the redisigned disco is coming out in a while, and its OK. Bently Continental GT: Its a Great lookin car, but with a VW engine, i hate VW, except the W-12 which they should not have stopped making (dont hate me for that).
    Mustang GT and base: the perfect car for a person who know absolutely nothing about cars or just thinks he looks cool
    Chevy SSR: Ugly, overweight, and overpriced.
    Chevy Tracker: crude small SUV, from Geo, you know chevy, they stopped making Geo for a reason!
    Those extremely inexpensive hybrid 40 hp econo cars, including hybrids (!!!)
    Corvette (base only): Great lookin, but over rated?
    Smart in general

I hate the Lamborghini Gallardo (or Gay-ardo, as it is pronounced). What were they thinking? Now we know not to mix Audi and Lamborghini!

Ok, sorry to use such heavy personification, but here goes: Lamborghini's logo is the bull - fierce, aggressive, untamed, just like most of their cars (Miura, Countach, Diablo) - and the company had been following Ferrucio's dream until the Murcielago. To me, it just screams, "PET ME! PAMPER ME!", whereas the diablo merely grunts and snaps at me when i go near it. Yes the Murcielago is beautiful car, but no, it shouldnt be a Lamborghini.

Moving on.. the Gallardo. When I first saw this car I said, "Some disgusting Murcie modification eh.." then I saw the back and thought that someone in VW had gotten high and randomly edited a Murcielago. Once again, a soft edged, tame little car. The front is too much like a damn Murcielago! No aggressive air intakes, no aggressive lines, juust a big fat blob. Then the rear.. thinking about it makes me shudder. All these plastics just thrown onto the back and topped with a Lamborghini logo. The back ruins this cars last chance of ever being on my good side.

I like the Murcielago yet I dont think it should be a Lamborghini. I hate the Gallardo and think the same - not a Lamborghini.

The following cars should all be rounded up and burned to the ground.

Hummer H2
    Porsche Cayenne
    Vector M12
    Chevrolet SSR
    All those super high performance Civics that have those big rear spoilers and coffee can mufflers

Thread Information