Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Which car do you HATE most?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Every family should have a rotary at some time

Found out the hillclimb from Fintray was featured in a Gaelic TV program and I am in it !! Sadly only a paddock shot of 4 of us having a laugh and it's true, the camera adds lots of pounds .... and my racesuit DOES make my arse look big

DOnt think BBC iPlayer will work for all, but see .... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s_4_Episode_2/ 20 mins in
    Ah, I missed your post!

My dad loves the Mazda brand quite a bit, I would imagine it had to do with him running around the hills of Hong Kong at a very spirited pace in the RX-3.

Here's a new car I hate- the Range Rover Evoque.

I'm sure it'll sell extremely well- it's a stylish entry level Range Rover for people who can't afford their more expensive offerings.

Essentially, it's a Porsche Boxster for Range Rover (note- pardon the comparison, I do love the Boxster, especially with the Spyder, which looks like a mini Carrera GT, which I swoon for).

All it'll be good for is for the rich people to hand out to their kids.

I don’t hate any car in particular, nor do I dislike any, but, just the same, I think that we should all go back to riding horses for a while, so that we can appreciate what great automobiles we have the choice of owning today.

If I had to, I would drive the worse kind of scenario and cherish the wheels it rolled on rather than walking afoot, so in the end, I would be a happier person if you just gave me all of your most hated automobiles and be done with it! LOL
    Terry

For the record, I drive a 1998 Buick Regal GS and what I hate most is not any car but rather the fact that my passenger seat is not always occupied by a beautiful woman...
    Terry

The Prius. Too many smug drivers for my taste. The South Park episode about the Prius was spot on.

On the lighter side, the more hybrids, the more gas for those of us who like the internal combustion engine.

Feff
    MVP Track Time

Quote Originally Posted by Feffman View Post
    The Prius. Too many smug drivers for my taste. The South Park episode about the Prius was spot on.

On the lighter side, the more hybrids, the more gas for those of us who like the internal combustion engine.

Feff
    I agree with this! The car is not much better than an ordinary car.
    I noted on the first page that someone stated they hate Vag cars, i'm not a fan because they seem to me to be several cars which are very very similar, with just a different badge, like the TT, it's a Golf in drag, a sort of transvestite Golf! . They are expensive to service and they do go wrong in my ( real life) experience.
    I don't have a problem with cars except the above, just people who may seem hypocritical for instance those who may hate a car of which they have little or no experience.
    The new MINI and the Beetle are bigger than the older models simply because they would not be able to get around crash protection laws and rules etc otherwise.
    On a positive note I like the new current range of Jaguars and Land rovers, I also like the current range of Mercedes- Benz, BMW, Peugeot and Renault cars.I'm a big fan of GM cars, any and all of them really. If one company were to survive and only one i would pray that it is GM. The reason? They make a very wide variety and selection of cars from 3 cylinder economy cars to the mighty Corvette and the only eco car worth it's name, the Chevrolet Volt, i think they make one for Europe called the Ampera, i think it looks great!

Cop Cars! I dislike them all equally. I hate to see them in my rear view mirror especially if I had just been out cruising rather quickly. Flashing blue, red, and white lights just don’t do it for me. Interiors are even more depressing. If you happen to be sitting inside one it can only mean that you are definitely in trouble. Believe me, when I say that you would rather be somewhere else...

Aside from this country’s finest, the actual cars themselves are fine. I like them. They are generally rugged and reliable, and if so equipped, they can be truly quick cars. I just don’t like the squadron kind with police insignias.
    Terry

For me, anything that is slow on the road and those that still manage to pass the air pollution test with all the smoke they emit.

Here's another fad I love to hate- shakotan- putting incredible camber and big wheels on old Japanese cars.

I find it just as distasteful as putting 24 inch dubs on any car.

Eventually there won't be any cars left in original condition because people think it looks good.

Shakotan: Zokusha Patrol Car will make you want to get pulled over | Japanese Nostalgic Car

Restomod is where it's at- cars that look stock but have parts that increase its performance.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Here's another fad I love to hate- shakotan- putting incredible camber and big wheels on old Japanese cars.

Eventually there won't be any cars left in original condition because people think it looks good.

Restomod is where it's at- cars that look stock but have parts that increase its performance.
    I wouldn't worry about shakotan sweeping the entire Japanese classics world, it's not like anyone is doing this to Mazda Cosmos.
    Mostly it's done to mudane models. Besides, collectors and enthusiast appreciate and support originality in general.
    "Survivor" cars are highly valued at every level of the hobby.

Agreed for the most part that modernizing an old car is one way to get performance with style.
    But for many of us, restomodding a survivor is heresy. They're only original once.

I still hate most SUVs... or maybe it's their owners?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I guess the thing about restomodding is the 'resto' part of it.. you only do it when a restoration is required. The less 'resto', the less 'modding'.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about shakotan sweeping the entire Japanese classics world, it's not like anyone is doing this to Mazda Cosmos.
    Mostly it's done to mudane models. Besides, collectors and enthusiast appreciate and support originality in general.
    "Survivor" cars are highly valued at every level of the hobby.

Agreed for the most part that modernizing an old car is one way to get performance with style.
    But for many of us, restomodding a survivor is heresy. They're only original once.

I still hate most SUVs... or maybe it's their owners?
    No, I certainly wouldn't restomod an impeccable original car, especially when it has patina. But if it's slightly banged up or rough around the corners, it'd certainly be fit for a restomod.

SUVs aren't going to last any longer if we're approaching $5 a gallon for gas. And the same goes for their stupid crossover brethren.

That's one good thing about expensive gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I guess the thing about restomodding is the 'resto' part of it.. you only do it when a restoration is required. The less 'resto', the less 'modding'.
    No, I agree- restoration if necessary, mods if only necessary.

For instance, a lot of muscle cars have Hotchkiss suspension parts that bolt straight on to get rid of the wallowy feel. It allows the muscle car to be totally more streetable and usable.

After owning my first BMW, I unintentionally become hating my previous vehicle Audi which worked well but compare with comfort BMW is best.

I hate Indian cars. bolero I guess.

-> Here are the following cars that I dispise: (as of 3/23/13)

- Acura ZDX [could've made a proper Integra/RSX successor, but noooooo...]
    - Honda (Accord) Crosstour [could've made a true successor to the S2000 or a proper Accord wagon.]
    - Mercedes-Benz MB100 [a Korean Mercedes {Ssangyong Istana}!? Drives like crap, looks like crap.)
    - Toyota Prius C / Aqua [why!? There is already a proper Prius for smug drivers, why build a smaller one?]
    - BMW X6 [ugh, why!? The X5 makes sense, but this doesn't...]
    - MINI Paceman [pretty much a 2-door X6...]

=/

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Prius c was meant for a lower price point, not in an of itself to be smaller.

Cars I hate...I'm getting to where the diesel pickup trucks are replacing BMW's in my mind, for the same reason: c**khead drivers. Hate they way they drive.

I also really dislike the Chevy Spark and Volt. If they didn't have those odd gauge clusters and they cleaned up the styling they may not be so bad. But otherwise it looks like they tried to hard.

I also still hate the rolling toasters, e.g. Scion xB, Kia Soul, and most of all the Nissan Cube. Ugliest damn things. I can't believe people not only drive them, they wasted perfectly good money buying or leasing them. I could only drive one if I had a bag over my head so nobody recognizes me driving something so ugly.
    Last edited by jcp123; 03-23-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information