View Poll Results: Is it necessary to load cars with these Hi-Tech equipments?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,I can't live without them

3 33.33%
  • No,they're just a waste of time

6 66.67%

Thread: 7 Ser getting simpler

7 Ser getting simpler

As people seemed to be suffering from the so called sophisticated
    iDrive system fitted in the 7 ser BMW has decided to make the system simpler:This could be achieved by adding 2 extra buttons for all the cars leaving the production line from october 1st 2003.
    These 2 buttons are the HOME button that returns the user to the main menu & the SMART key that can be programmed to operate the vehicle entertainment functions.

Additional options are anti-fogging sensor for the air-con and dual-band professional fixed telephone on all SE-spec models, as well as adaptive headlightsand 20-inch alloys on Sport variants.
    In addition to a new service program you may find @:
    http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/370/
    Last edited by kinan.f; 08-09-2003 at 02:05 AM.

they are gonna put in Idrive 2 in the revised model which is in the new roller and the 5 series
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by motorhead
    they are gonna put in Idrive 2 in the revised model which is in the new roller and the 5 series
    No matter what they do, iDrive still sucks. I used it a few times and you can give me the old "complicated and distracting" buttons anyday. But apart from the iDrive I love the 7.

I also used the new iDrive while testdriving the new 5-series and it is still really weird.

Originally posted by Lagonda
    I also used the new iDrive while testdriving the new 5-series and it is still really weird.
    Do you testdrive cars for a living or are you just planning to buy one?
    Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Originally posted by Rob
    Do you testdrive cars for a living or are you just planning to buy one?
    Well actually, my wife needs a new car. But I test drive cars for fun . Everytime a new model comes out I try to test it . My seven-series will have to last another few years. I can't afford a new car right now. She probably won't buy it though, it's a bit on the expensive side. We'll see

Originally posted by Lagonda
    No matter what they do, iDrive still sucks. I used it a few times and you can give me the old "complicated and distracting" buttons anyday. But apart from the iDrive I love the 7.

yeah actually this BMW does not really do anything well in this idrive thing but they do eveything wonderfully strangely - have you tried the idrive in the roller pahntom - thats good
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Thread Information