Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mind Blowing - Lingenfelter Corvette 0-60 in 1.97 secs

It was indeed tested by MT.
    http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...ast/index.html

But you would NOT want to drive this car on that setup on the street. Add about 1 second for normal tires. Maybe less than that if you go with supersticky performance (autocross/roadrace-type) tires.

Mickey Thompson ET's are designed to run on reduced tire pressures. They allow the sidewalls to wrinkle/deflect considerably under acceleration.

AHHH yes, the Lingenfelter Corvettes, they're great. Lingenfelter sure did know how to tune and build a SBC. Too bad the man passed away, but there is always these great cars to remember him by.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Motor Trend did a big artical on this. They even put it in a quarter mile with a F-18! (The Corvette won )
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

I love Lingenfelter, its a shame they waste time on their H2 packages.

Talking

so???
    wats the bloody top end on it its sounds very like the new merc but can it handle or is it going to be another flop of al out power an no fun

It can handle. No worries.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    It can handle. No worries.
    Suggestion for UCP.

We should have a "Handling 101" class somewhere that covers all the issues of what handling means to diffenet people and cars spo we don't ahve to keep repeating ourselves

The equipment and setup to get exceptionally low 0-60 times is at ods with being driven on tracska and tight cuves with undulation and opposite camber !!

So I'd worry a lot about handling in the passes in the Alps
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by slikman666
    so???
    wats the bloody top end on it its sounds very like the new merc but can it handle or is it going to be another flop of al out power an no fun
    Top speed is est 230, and it pulls 1.01+Gs on the skid pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Top speed is est 230, and it pulls 1.01+Gs on the skid pad.
    Right-O you are. I've always thought that was the all around beauty of the Lingenfelter Vettes. Great in both straight line and in the turns, and... exceptional fuel mileage for what it is. I think M/T tested one of his 427 cars and got a highway rating of 28mpg. Thanks in large to the massively overdriven 6th gear(0.51)
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

they stick that overdrive on the 320hp Commodore V8s here
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    they stick that overdrive on the 320hp Commodore V8s here
    It's probably just the Tremec T56 isn't it? That the tranny that comes on the Z06 and the new GTOs.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Yeah it is the T-56 that we put in your GTO's but Holden still have a good choice over the ratios. Ford recently announced they'd put the box on the XR8 and XR6T with a close ratio setup. After going to the Tremec site, i think its safe to say Holden went with the tallest gear ratios available, with the 2.66 first and 0.5 sixth. I think i found one there with a much better spread with a first of about 3.2 and a 6th of 0.67 or around those figures
    I am the Stig

I have that issue of Motor Trend, it's from around a year ago if I remember correctly. The Vette beat an F/A-18 in the 1/4, but they were quick to point out that until the Vette can pull 8gs on the skidpad and accelerate from 150-500mph in less than a minute, the jet is still the better performer.

Thread Information