Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite racing series

i wonder how long it wouldve take bowe to get used to the viper, although hes not unfamiliar with powerful, rear drive cars so he wouldve felt right at home id say. taking a cobra r would be a fairly big step backwards in performance, like when he was driving the 360gt, he was up there with the monaros, vipers and diablos and the cobra r would have things like wrx's and evo's to worry about

Hell be used to the cobra R that was his car before he got the ferrari. And he won the first race at winton with the viper and edned up on the podium for the weekend so i wouldent give it long.

he wouldve gone through hell to dry and get used to the 360GT. he must be a pretty good driver then if one weekend he can be accustomed to a front engined, heavy v8 supercar and then other weekends be accustomed to a lightweight, mid engined v8

well he learnt inm formula Vees and drove skylines and later the very hard to handel sierras and has contiued to race 2 catigorys at once for a very long time as well as his testing/teaching jobs also. very talented man.

its too bad hes not more succesful in the v8's. i think both him and russel ingall pretty much peaked a year or so ago

I personally think that bowes peak was in 94 when he won the championship and also in the 80s with the sierras. Ingall peaked a fewyears ago but seems to be doing better then in the last 2 years and he seems like a happier person (somthing he also claims) paul radasich seems to be having his second comming and with more money comming in beacue briggs motorsport has been bought out by the english firm 888 it is looking bright for the 2 time world champion. Seton is on a small rise i think hell do better again next year and im thinking the same with lwndes. Besnard is doing worse this year! he came from beignt eh champion of the QLD 500 to doing fairly ordinary and most was just bad luck (fried clutch, tapped into spins etc)

i think ingall, bowe, seton, lowndes and besnard are just on a bit of a rollercoaster, the 3 fpr guys mainly from the shift to a brand new team i guess. ingall's settling in pretty well at sbr and ford though, something i dont think lowndes achieved as easily, and yeah, radisich is doing better, but its mainly because he wanted to do things his way when he was with djr and thats why they replaced him with max wilson. dj i think has admitted that it was his teams decision, not his, to originally sign up radisich and he was happy that it was him that decided to get max wilson

Well dick isnt running the team as much as he used to hes ste[ed back a bit in recent times hes still helping with sponsorship and drivers and stuff and motivating his son as well. There are teams that need results other wise they might dissapear which will be sad but you have to live with it i guess. Dick makes Radasich sound like a pain in the arse but usually when he wants somthing done his way its usually for a reason the only problem i have with the man is hes a bit of a snob and a little bit cold too. Tbhe worst part with the pairing of max wilson and steven johnson was the 1'4" height differnce max (5') and steven (6'4"odd his old man said it once) the height differnce is so much that even pauls special seat that folded out for steven wouldent work! that why they had the parings of wilson/brabbam and Johnson/Luff. And on the note not all ford teams are doing good 00 folded this year and was bought out by the K-mart racing team and thextan was doing very ordianry (he wasnt doing to bad this is his first year and hes getting better) that the gave him special aloownces by letting him drive in the konica series as well.

well with that much height difference they would of had heaps of problems, like between ingall and ambrose ingall needed a bit of padding behind him, or vice versa

Even the seating differnces between bradly jones and john bowe ios actually quite uncomfterble and they have some panadol duct taped to the dash for bowe to have during the enduros.

that one's a laugh

Bad chatters

WiLL you two shut up!!!!!!!!!!!
    in this thread in pages 2,3,4 just you two Falcon and fpv... is chatting!

better not check out the australian cars foums then, and whats the problem, at least were keeping to the topic of racing.

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    better not check out the australian cars foums then, and whats the problem, at least were keeping to the topic of racing.
    Okay.
    Go on the chatting.
    Last edited by SL500; 10-06-2003 at 04:45 AM.

well why dont you start up a conversation if you dont like the subject? we are actually talking about V8 supercars right now if you have any queastions why not ask? or if you have a racing catigory youd like to talk about or even prehaps introduce us to it why not go for it?

Thread Information