View Poll Results: Which Do you Think is the best, or which one do you like the most.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Volkswagen Golf

7 35.00%
  • Opel Astra

4 20.00%
  • Renault Megane’

2 10.00%
  • Ford Focus

3 15.00%
  • Peugeot 307

2 10.00%
  • Citroen C4

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro Hatch.

Medium Euro Hatch..

which hatch would you more prefer, or think is the best.. Volkswagen Golf, Opel Astra, Renault Megane’, Peugeot 307, Citroen C4..
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

Euro Hatch.

Volkswagen Golf, Opel Astra, Renault Megane’, Ford Focus, Peugeot 307, Citroen C4..

Quote Originally Posted by SPN:DOC
    which hatch would you more prefer, or think is the best.. Volkswagen Golf, Opel Astra, Renault Megane’, Peugeot 307, Citroen C4..

standard i would have the VW golf and if they were the tuned versions i would have the golf R32
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Whoop I created two… sorry.. use the other one.. can the moderator move mustang123 vote to the other one… sorry…

Citroen C4's looks and French Flair and Hydraulic Suspension (hopefully), with the Golfs great engines, safeness, and interior. Probably the C4 if I was forced to make a choice. I love its styling.

the c4

The Golf needs to go on a diet to regain top place with comfort again.

I'd reserve judgement on the Megane 225, I think it has the opportunity of being the "new golf gti" and be head and shoulders above the competition if thye've managed to do to it as they did with the Clio 182.

The bar has certainly been lifted in this range as the new Astra is a really well balanced chassis - but needs more power IMHO.

PS: I've merged the threads
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I don't know why I like the Focus, but I do.
    Megane has a dissapointing interior. The Golf, although good, is a Golf.
    Astra I'm not too keen on, although it does seem to be getting good reviews. I have a nagging feeling that the new Focus will better it though.
    307? No thanks.
    C4. Interesting, but I'll wait for some reviews before I pass judgement either way.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I don't know why I like the Focus, but I do.
    Megane has a dissapointing interior. The Golf, although good, is a Golf.
    Astra I'm not too keen on, although it does seem to be getting good reviews. I have a nagging feeling that the new Focus will better it though.
    307? No thanks.
    C4. Interesting, but I'll wait for some reviews before I pass judgement either way.

the last thread didnt have the focus in, my vote now goes to the Focus
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Citroen C4's looks and French Flair and Hydraulic Suspension (hopefully), with the Golfs great engines, safeness, and interior. Probably the C4 if I was forced to make a choice. I love its styling.
    The C4 wont have hydraulic suspension, hydraulic is for the higher categories. The C4 is the replacement for the Xsara which also didn't have the hydropneumatique. At the moment I would go for the Renault Mégane. The C4 looks beautifull but I can't judge a car that isn't even selling. As for Golf interior, I take you mean the good build quality ? Because the interior in a Golf is good, but it is a ugly an boring as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    the last thread didnt have the focus in, my vote now goes to the Focus
    yes. sorry about that... that was one of the reason I changed it forgot that ugly thing called ford… lol only joking.. but Matra has saved the day again, thanks Matra.. now the thread is just as i want it..

hmm.. this is very hard for me.. i love the Megane' one of my favorite cars and I love the Golf its also as one of my favorite.. can i split my vote lol.. I will see how the votes go then I will make my decision…

Out of all the hatchbacks, I've always liked the Golf. I've never owned one but have driven several, some rentals and some friends cars. I've always enjoyed their solid feel. I'm not saying the others aren't solid (before someone gets mad at me lol ) I'd love to drive the R32. How come the Audi 3 series wasn't included? I love the S3. BTW, the Focus is just plain ugly IMO.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

If Autocar's drivers car shootout is to be believed, the Megane 225 is too safety featured up to be the hooligans car that the Clio 182 is. Purely on aesthetic value, I'd struggle to call it between the C4 and the Astra. Dynamically the new Astra is said to be good, but the Golf is reportedly a better car...

So where are the A3 and the 1 Series? Or are they considered a different category? (Incidentally I saw a 1 Series on the way home tuesday night, actually rather nice, i reckon it looks better IRL than on a screen/page.

I reckon I'd go for the Astra. I've always liked Vauxhall for some obscure reason and I think they're on an up curve at the moment.

[QUOTE=VtecMini]
    So where are the A3 and the 1 Series? Or are they considered a different category? (Incidentally I saw a 1 Series on the way home tuesday night, actually rather nice, i reckon it looks better IRL than on a screen/page.
    [QUOTE]

I think the A3 and 1 series are Higher class due to there price, same story with Alfa 147, I don’t know about your country but down here the basic Audi A3 is $35,400 AUD while Golf is $25,990 AUD, same story with Alfa $39,990 AUD and Megane' $25,990 AUD.. by the price you can see these cars are not in the same class...

Thread Information