Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maserati WILL RACE

Maserati WILL RACE

http://www.maseraticorse.it/home.php...0038&idsitm=CN

MC12 will compete in the last three races of FIA GT

06/08/2004 - Modena - Maserati is pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached with the F.I.A. for the homologation process of the MC12.

Thanks to the support of the participating Teams the Maserati MC12 will compete in the last three races (Imola, Oschersleben and Dubai) of the F.I.A. GT Championship without being eligible to score any points.

During these races, Maserati will supply the F.I.A. with all the necessary information to compile the homologation file, which will then be examined during the next F.I.A. World Motorsport Council in October.

Participation details and the names of the drivers for the two MC12 will be announced at a later stage.

what can i say .. i super happy
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

i heard that they had problems with the fia, that didnt wanted to let the mc12 enter, because the length and width were to big.i thought they had to change the car drastically, but i guess they have done that, or the fia gave in

neither .. they will have a reduce rear wing width

see here :
    "In order to ensure that the MC12’s performance is in line with cars currently competing in the Championship, Maserati have agreed to reduce the rear wing width to accord with the windscreen dimensions. The FIA will also be free to impose changes of restrictor dimensions or weight ballast at any point in the three meetings."

http://www.lmsr.net/masacc.html
    there is just winning

ok,they sorted it out on that way.pretty unfair.they build a car thats faster as the rest and get punished

it's not that simple ..
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    ok,they sorted it out on that way.pretty unfair.they build a car thats faster as the rest and get punished
    but it was faster because it did NOT conform to the rules AS WRITTEN in the FIA documents.

If they don't do that, then next F1 would have a team out with skirts, turbos, "fans", active suspension, variable aero and real-time pit control of all variables

Maserati's only complaint is the way someone in FIA didn't sit in their design team and constantly advise them. That's not the way it works. Rules are published and it's up to the designer to ensure the car passes the inspection.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I have no faith in the FIA at all now.
    Every time they just kowtow to the will of Ferrari.
    Absolute farce.

Ferrari: This won't do. Our 575 GTS car isn't as quick as the Prodrive 550.
    Lets build a car based on the Enzo, that'll be much faster!
    FIA: It'll be faster, but it doesn't comply to the rules.
    Ferrari: That's ok, we'll modify it to make it even faster, and call it a Maserati. Then we'll get more publicity!
    FIA: And it'll comply with the rules?
    Ferrari: Sure!

Later...

Ferrari: Oh Balls! It doesn't comply to the rules. Lets just hope that they don't notice.
    FIA: Hey! This car doesn't comply! You can't race it.
    Ferrari: We've still got those photographs... you know, the ones with the donkey?
    FIA: Ok, you're in!
    Thanks for all the fish

the 575 . is looking better and better with every race . it lead most of the time at Spa last week ... and it's still a new car . not even 1 year old ..
    the FIA is scared with the Maserati . even if it was build 100% to the regs(dimensions) .. they don't want it to be to fast ..and thats why they let it run .. and it will see how big the improvement over current cars is ...

btw .. i've read that Salo was asked at Spa about the MC12 . and he said it was not much faster then the 575 . but they thing was . you can go at 100% all the time . like in qualifying ..
    there is just winning

I'm glad to see this happen, just wished we got coverage of the FIA Gt series here in the states. This isn't the first time Ferrari has gotten around rules implemented by the FIA, they've been doing the same for awhile now. I guess you could say its part of the genious that is Ferrari.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

just heard that Maserati could race in Zhuhai too
    and in fact they did not get around the rules ..
    there is just winning

They will run three races out of competition. That means that if the car turns out to be significantly faster it could be declared illegal by the end of the season and the legal competitors will not be hurt in anyway. (apart from the reduction in TV coverage, because they were not the actual leaders during the races). These things have been going on for ages. Remember that the original Porsche 911 was actually allowed to participate as a touring car, against the likes of the Cortina and the BMW 1800Ti. This was duly rectified (the back bench could not really be considered as capable of taking 2 grown-ups) but then Alfa came with their GTA where interior space was hardly better but that was accepted.

What will probably happen is that the performance of the Maser will be evaluated, its discrepancies to the current rules and differences with the current cars in the series will be established and a new set of rules might/could/should develop from there.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

exactly .. but i think Maserati will make sure they will not outrun the normal favorites ..
    also . if the car is homologated in october . it will be able score points in Zhuhai
    there is just winning

Herbert will race for maserati at Imola . and
    http://www.maserati.com/esImages/Mas.../25mc12s_G.jpg
    there is just winning

Wish we had coverage of the FIA GT series here. I would love to see that thing race. Is there any chance that the Maserati will come around to the ALMS series next year?
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

slim chances . i've heard nothing stating something like that .. they will do FIA GT . that if they will get it to pass homologation ..
    there is just winning

Thread Information