View Poll Results: Should Renault concider coming back into the World Rally Championship ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

14 93.33%
  • NO

1 6.67%
  • Maybee

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renault back in WRC

Renault back in WRC

Renaults return to the WRC willl not take place for atleast 3 years, when it is set to involve its formula 1 involvment. Renault has dropped hints that a comback might be imminent, possibly using a car branded as a nissan but for now the F1 team and its £140 million budget takes priority.

SHould they enter back into the WRC ?
    Last edited by mustang123; 08-04-2004 at 03:45 PM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    SHould they enter back into the WRC ?
    Yes.
    and as an Alpine to recreate the pinnacle of the sport before it all got crazy

erm, maybe I'm a little too biased
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Renault weren't in the WRC in the first place were they?

The WRC could do with some more competition, and it'll give Burns something to do when he's back to full strength.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

The WRC could do with some more competition, and it'll give Burns something to do when he's back to full strength.

does anyone know when Burns will be back, i think i heard that he might be getting back in the car as early as next year ??

WHAT A GUY
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

[QUOTE=Coventrysucks]Renault weren't in the WRC in the first place were they?[QUOTE]

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/herita...ault5turbo.htm

Indeed they were, and quite successfully at that. Of course Matra could tell you much more than I...
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yes.
    and as an Alpine to recreate the pinnacle of the sport before it all got crazy
    That would only end up in disappointment, so better leave the name alone! They would never be able to beat the Citroens
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by cp01ae
    http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/herita...ault5turbo.htm

Indeed they were, and quite successfully at that. Of course Matra could tell you much more than I...
    The Clio has been knocking around in the super 1600 class as well.
    Not the WRC though.
    Thanks for all the fish

The Clio has been knocking around in the super 1600 class as well.
    Not the WRC though.
    Yeah, they've ALWAYS been very strong outside of the WRC.
    The Megane was an awesome tarmac rally tool and was very successful in the French series and class wins in the internationals.

See http://www.renault.com/gb/passion/co...997_maximegane
    270bhp, 7-speed sequential box and 960Kg
    The French national "kit" series produced some superb little cars. Based on a production shell there were LOTS of mods permitted. The Xsara WRC grew from the Citroen "kit" efforts. Renault chose to focus on F1 and not make the move up to WRC.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Xsara WRC grew from the Citroen "kit" efforts.
    Even in "kit" form they were able to beat the WRC cars on tarmac.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Even in "kit" form they were able to beat the WRC cars on tarmac.
    \
    Sometimes

Went to show that FWD could beat 4WD where grip wasn't hte bigger issue.
    Also the 'kits' had awesome track extension and weighed less

Missed my chance to get a shot in Robbie Head's Renault Megane MAXI and been kicking myself ever since It never amounted to much in the UK as we have too many gravel stages and not enough tarmac for it's clear advantage to be the winner !!

Yeah, they should get back in the WRC. I would also like to see Audi get back in the game! Some please answer a question for me. Mitsubishi and Subaru have WRC inspired cars on the road, why not the other manufacturers? I'd be nice to see more of these AWD hot hatches on the roads!

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I would also like to see Audi get back in the game! Taz.

i dont know what car they wil be competing in but there has been rouners that in rally Deutschland this year there will be a load of group B cars racing there, so that could mean that we might see the Quatro and the tratos possibly

i dont know what car they wil be competing in but there has been rouners that in rally Deutschland this year there will be a load of group B cars racing there, so that could mean that we might see the Quatro and the tratos possibly
    I checked the ADAC web site and no GroupB cars are listed in the entry list

So it's either not happening or it's just a 'demonstration' and not competition.
    I hope I'm wrong and we start to see them allowed to contest some fo the stages if only for the chance to see them in anger again

I checked the ADAC web site and no GroupB cars are listed in the entry list

So it's either not happening or it's just a 'demonstration' and not competition.
    I hope I'm wrong and we start to see them allowed to contest some fo the stages if only for the chance to see them in anger again

anger > action rite

yeah i would love to see them in 'anger' since i wasnt alive last time they were rinning (making you feel old there arent i ) also wish that i could get down to rally GB this year it should be good,

Oh peter if you want to marshall for a stage at rally GB then they will give you a free pass to one of the stages i have heard because they are so low on marshalls this year

The S3 and the S4 come to mind. These cars could compete in the WRC couldn't they?

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information