Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: corvette Z06 v.s. viper srt-10

Quote Originally Posted by bum-man
    are they going to make a coupe version of the viper shortly, because the convertable i not doing it for me completely...i still prefer the older one.
    i agrre, while the convertible version is cool, i think the hardtop vipers look the best overall, not to mention the aerodynamic gains from the hard top
    but when the do make the hard top it should look something like this, only w/o the wing

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    actually the Viper is not and will not always be the best.
    LMAO. Can I have what your smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ford100Years
    LMAO. Can I have what your smoking?
    i'm not smoking anything, the Viper will not always be the best. how could you laugh your ass off if something is not actually funny?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Exclamation Viper

i like the viper but it could have better handling

Viper

The Dodge Viper is the best sports car ever made and if you get Hennesy performance upgrades it is very fast VIPER FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by fhsviper8
    The Dodge Viper is the best sports car ever made and if you get Hennesy performance upgrades it is very fast VIPER FOREVER
    -1 for being another one of "those" people...

And before you start... I'm not against American cars. In fact, I love the Viper. However, it helps to keep an open mind. That's what makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    -1 for being another one of "those" people...

And before you start... I'm not against American cars. In fact, I love the Viper. However, it helps to keep an open mind. That's what makes all the difference.
    Allow me to explain EggNogs disdain fhsviper8. You see your name gives you away. When someones name includes the name of their favorite car, they need to at least attempt to rationalise there reasons for making a, seemingly overtly exagerated comment like yours. If not , they run the risk of being tagged Fan Boy. And rightly so. Many people like Vipers, me included. But I would not consider it the best sports car ever made. To be honest, I would be hard pressed to narrow my favourites down to ten. And I wont because they would only be my opinion and who cares? If I did however , I would attempt to exlain the reasons for my choices. If you can give a sensible reason for your premise I will gladly restore the rep point that EggNog docked you.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I have a question for you crisis(or anyone else) as you can see my fav. car is the Corvette. Would you say tho that i do a good job at being rational and open minded in all aspects? Just from what posts you may have seen of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    I have a question for you crisis(or anyone else) as you can see my fav. car is the Corvette. Would you say tho that i do a good job at being rational
    Risking being irrational in asking for crisis' opinion
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    I have a question for you crisis(or anyone else) as you can see my fav. car is the Corvette. Would you say tho that i do a good job at being rational and open minded in all aspects? Just from what posts you may have seen of mine.
    I dont recall giving you a spray at any time but the point of my post was that if you use the name of your favourite car as you user name, you have exposed your predjudices and any comment you make about that car will carry the baggage associated with it. Therefore if you say the Corvette (which I also happen to like) is the worlds best sports car you will need some fairly good reasons to back it up. In essence I would normally avoid sweeping and outrageous comments. I am practicing to perfect that style myself.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

the most irritating thing is just theat he made a statment that is in direct violation of the opinion of most people in this forum instead of giving a
    non-threatening opinion. he is a fanboy and can be excused from me wasting my time to give him a -1, anyway i don't think he will be doing much on these forums anyway, but if he hangs around i will give him a -1 for this post.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

you guys heard a corvette vs. the sound a viper makes

ok i always hear people talking about the awesome sound of the 8.3 liter viper engine, but i for one have never heard one. If u have any sound clips for this engine could u post them?

Depends.

0-60, z06 will win because of its traction control, although, the viper has way more power. Put a traction control on the viper and its gonna smoke the z06. Plus, Venom 1000TT(0-60 in 2.1sec) would smoke any mod of vette.
    Stop saying Viper doesnt have good handling, its not a videogame, its real life.
    Last edited by suph; 06-08-2004 at 02:20 PM.

This is an old thread man, don't revive it, we've discussed both the Viper and the vette on here before. Also, BTW, the Lingenfelter Corvette beats the Venom 1000TT with a 0-60 of 1.92 and costs $30,000 less.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

huh? since when does the vette have a faster 0-60 time than the viper? Im pretty damn sure it doesnt. I still like the vette more myself, because I think its a better value. Plus, arent 0-60 times usually done with the traction control off? Ive always been told that If you want to push a car to the limit, you want to turn the traction control off.

Thread Information