Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: corvette Z06 v.s. viper srt-10

The Viper is my pick. I only like Corvettes from the 50's and 60's. I just like the madness of the Viper and, of course, that 8.3 litre V10.

viper. engine. handling. serious muscle car power brought back from hell
    vettes nice, but if you want a real roadster, the viper is more of one (vettes was made to be a bit too practical). if it was between the 427 Stingray from '69 on the other hand.......i wouldnt be able to pick, 2 of my top 5 favorites.....
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

viper all the way. corvettes--meh the viper is what its all about--plus the viper sounds awesome--and it has a HUGE engine. which is good.

The bigger the engine the better?

sounds like mr. decave is trying to compensate for something...

either way, i'd definitely go for the corvette, both cars are amazing, but i've always been a corvette guy

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    The Viper has more appeal IMO than the Covette. Both are great cars though
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetplaya13
    viper all the way. corvettes--meh the viper is what its all about--plus the viper sounds awesome--and it has a HUGE engine. which is good.

sound doesnt mean crap n plus big engine isnt always good i just got the latest road and track and the corvette has better lap times and the corvette was number one over all and the viper came in sixth. So im with the corvette!

Quote Originally Posted by Purespeed012
    sound doesnt mean crap n plus big engine isnt always good i just got the latest road and track and the corvette has better lap times and the corvette was number one over all and the viper came in sixth. So im with the corvette!
    the guy driving the viper made a big shift mistake on one of the turns, causing a slight messup in the entire turn and the acceleration out of it. also, if your ead the article, they said the viper sucked the big one as a daily driver, which is why it did so poorly overall. they said it was their top choice if you wanted a track car. read the articles, not just the final outcome.

it was supposed to be a quote from decave, but it wouldn't let me use the quote function...

i also said i'm all for the corvette.... always

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetplaya13
    it was supposed to be a quote from decave, but it wouldn't let me use the quote function...

i also said i'm all for the corvette.... always
    not you, purespeed. he didnt even read the article it seems, yet he is using it as a source....

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I rather have the viper even though it costs more, for me it's more good looking and more unique
    yes i agree with you i think the viper does look better.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

the viper has that brutal yet pure" power look to it. first srt-10 i ever saw was a black roadster......the feeling i got from that was that i was looking at an incomprehensible amount of power. exactly what they were aiming for

The Vette is a great car and I think the new Z06 will edge out the SRT-10 performance wise. But for me, at least, having a car that isn't very unique and paying that much would bother me. If I had $70,000 to spend on a car I would buy a Countach. Why because if I bought a new Z06 I would pass 3 vettes that look close too mine on the way to the store. For 70k I would want something more unique not just a supped up version of an almost common car.

If all I cared about was performance I would buy a bike. 11K GSXR1000=9s and faster than any stock vette around a track. Or if I wanted four wheels I would buy a mustang for 10K and put the 60k into it.

My point performance isn't everything. Most people really buy a specific car because it stirs the soul. I know I did.

If the Z06 vette stirs your soul I say buy it!........Just don't kick my a$$ to bad when you see me on the street.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    not you, purespeed. he didnt even read the article it seems, yet he is using it as a source....

I read the whole article n i kno wut happned, but i was making a statement that still the corvette is overall a better car than a viper.

you.....obviously didnt read all of what i said, which doesnt say much for your argument. the guy didnt drive the viper as the car "likes" to be driven. if you drive the viper like it should be driven, its easily by far better on the track. overall, yes your right, but at first you said the viper wasnt as good partially because of track times, which is what i am talking about. the guy shifted at a bad time, which probably acounted for more then the .3 seconds between the viper and vettes track times. the new z06 will compete with the viper on the track. a normal c6.......close, but not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    you.....obviously didnt read all of what i said, which doesnt say much for your argument. the guy didnt drive the viper as the car "likes" to be driven. if you drive the viper like it should be driven, its easily by far better on the track. overall, yes your right, but at first you said the viper wasnt as good partially because of track times, which is what i am talking about. the guy shifted at a bad time, which probably acounted for more then the .3 seconds between the viper and vettes track times. the new z06 will compete with the viper on the track. a normal c6.......close, but not there yet.
    Actually he couldn't shift at a different time as he probably would have blown the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Actually he couldn't shift at a different time as he probably would have blown the engine.
    no, it wasnt that. he was downshifting for lower speed on a turn.

Thread Information