Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone tell me what this car is?

Although the mystery car does appear to have a front engine, look at the similarities in the hood with the lights, the airvents just above the front bumper, the curviture of the front wheel wells... the overall similarities of the front of the car... could it not be that it changed engine placement over the evolution of the car??

It might even be the Elva MK8... compare and contrast.

The car on the truck doesn't have those scoops on top of the rear wheel.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

ill ask my uncle,cos he knows a hell of a lot about classic cars.i hope he knows, cos honestly i have no idea....

No it doesn't, but don't you think it's safe to say that we're looking at an Elva MK-something-or-other?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimezzz
    No it doesn't, but don't you think it's safe to say that we're looking at an Elva MK-something-or-other?
    Don't think so.
    The front area between the wheels is just too high to be an Elva. High enough for their to be an engine there and justify the side vents on the body.
    have to admit to being stumped on what it IS though and hence I favour an American car or track version of something else.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

kinda i think

can it be one of the last Echidna's?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    can it be one of the last Echidna's?
    WHen were the 'last' ? The late 50s ones were very like the D-type at the front IIRC, not as angular as this one.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    WHen were the 'last' ? The late 50s ones were very like the D-type at the front IIRC, not as angular as this one.
    Those were the ones I saw indeed (sort of Chaparral I), never researched them further to see if they developed or left the business. It was a wild guess. BTW the car has a visible badge, now I happen to know of somebody who...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

BTW the car has a visible badge, now I happen to know of somebody who...
    Do you mean the V on the front ? I exhaused all my knowledge and books tryign to pin that down to start with
    Not sure what that is on the side above the vents, whether it's a club or advertising logo, but couldnt' make it out too clearly
    Still amazed we're stumped on this !!!

Any chance of our Californian members dropping in to the shipping company shown on the truck side and ASKING

Any chance of our Californian members dropping in to the shipping company shown on the truck side and ASKING
    That's an ancient concept, but it might actually work here

That's an ancient concept, but it might actually work here
    True We coudl go for the 20th century soln and maybe a Ca resident coudl even PHONE the shipping company
    Guess members of UCP are 21st century tool-users and if it isn't on the internet it doesn't exist !!!

True We coudl go for the 20th century soln and maybe a Ca resident coudl even PHONE the shipping company
    Guess members of UCP are 21st century tool-users and if it isn't on the internet it doesn't exist !!!
    a cell phone might just qualify though

I think maybe this car was a one-of-a-kind car built by hand by an enthusiast. Has to be it, since the car doesn't seem to come from any known manufacturer.
    UCP's most dedicated Pokemon fan.
    Anyone seen any Toyota Rav4 Pokemon Edition in USA?

a cell phone might just qualify though
    I had already thought about doing that but can really do it without an area code

And about the name Jerr-Dan, it's the company that makes the trailer, not the transportation company itself.
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Thread Information