127. You may not vote on this poll
  • 04 WRX STi

66 51.97%
  • 03 EVO VIII

61 48.03%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WRX STi vs. EVO VIII

WRX STi vs. EVO VIII

I would like to hear what you think about each of these cars. The cars a very close in price but which would you choose and why. include anything that you think would possibly help my decision. I plan on purchasing within the year. I'd apperciate any help.

get a skyline r34 involved n both will b smoked badly

Originally posted by r34_296kw
    get a skyline r34 involved n both will b smoked badly
    Get a Top Fuel Dragster involved "n" both will "b" smoked badly...

He asked a very simple question. Shut up and answer it, or don't post. Sorry to sound like an ass, but this kind of thing really ticks me off.

Anyway...

Personally, I favour the Lancer EVO. It's less well-mannered and a slightly slower car than the STi despite being faster to 60 (because the Scooby requires an upshift to 3rd before it hits the mark). So why do I pick it? First off, I like the styling better, and secondly, it's more hard to control. And I love that in a car.

The WRX Sti seems more civilized than the Evo to me especially after being facelifted recently..

Well they're both pretty sweet

I think I'd take the STI, just so I could say I had three hundred horse from a four-banger. I like the styling better too, with the ridiculously huge scoop ramming air into the intercooler.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

umm yeah...get a lancer evo......kinda better.....but still im tellin u dont waste your money on these cars...just go and get a nissan skyline r34.....the handlings way better, the speeds way better and even the looks are better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

why do you compare different kinds of cars?
    if he wanted to know if the skyline is better or faster, he must asked...

Technically, I prefer the subaru, cos I think is engine and all its mechanics are stronger than EVO...
    but the looks of the EVO is more aggressive and I think it´s better than subaru....
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

umm yeah...get a lancer evo......kinda better.....but still im tellin u dont waste your money on these cars...just go and get a nissan skyline r34.....the handlings way better, the speeds way better and even the looks are better.
    Okay, you are beyond obsessed. There are actually quite a few cars out there that you could get going much faster than those two or a Skyline. Also, that picture you posted wasn't of a stock skyline, or even an R34 for that matter.

And are you saying an R34 Skyline can outhandle either of these two cars? Doubtful. It's not even that much faster than either of them. Wait a second...

----------
    Nissan R34 Skyline GT-R: 0-60 in 5.2 seconds (Supercarsite.com & Derek's Exotic Cars)
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII: 0-60 in 4.6 seconds (Motor Trend)
    Subaru Impreza WRX Sti: 0-60 in 4.9 seconds (Motor Trend)

----------

Okay, so it in fact is not faster than either of those two... and it's also not available to purchase for a huge portion of the members on this forum.

The Skyline is a car, albeit a nice car. However, it's not a deity. Or the subject of this thread. So shut up.

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    Okay, you are beyond obsessed. There are actually quite a few cars out there that you could get going much faster than those two or a Skyline. Also, that picture you posted wasn't of a stock skyline, or even an R34 for that matter.

And are you saying an R34 Skyline can outhandle either of these two cars? Doubtful. It's not even that much faster than either of them. Wait a second...

----------
    Nissan R34 Skyline GT-R: 0-60 in 5.2 seconds (Supercarsite.com & Derek's Exotic Cars)
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII: 0-60 in 4.6 seconds (Motor Trend)
    Subaru Impreza WRX Sti: 0-60 in 4.9 seconds (Motor Trend)

----------

Okay, so it in fact is not faster than either of those two... and it's also not available to purchase for a huge portion of the members on this forum.

The Skyline is a car, albeit a nice car. However, it's not a deity. Or the subject of this thread. So shut up.
    so wat? a skyline is a skyline and has proven to beat any subaru or evo in a street race........the skyline is known as a beast waiting to be unleashed.........the evo is a good example of the skylines minian......besides bishi makes beta cars dan subaru

so wat? a skyline is a skyline and has proven to beat any subaru or evo in a street race........the skyline is known as a beast waiting to be unleashed.........the evo is a good example of the skylines minian......besides bishi makes beta cars dan subaru
    If you want any credibility you might want to justify at least some of you comments with technical or recorded evidence. " A Skyline is a Skyline " isnt one. Also broad and sweeping generalisations leave themselves open to ridicule. ie " ... proven to beat any subaru or evo in a street race. " Maybe your street or your races but the world is full of streets and I cant beleive you've seen them all. Finally "bishi makes beta cars dan subaru" may need a little more explanation.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Their both great i like the sube better as i want one to be my next econo car you know a dayly driver with balls (obviously not the model we are talking about) but yeah suberu make nice cars but mitsubishi supplys my pay packet so id have to say get the mitsu.

Egg Nog is pissed !!

this thread is another amazing example of the crap you get in these forums by either young kids or dedicated brand lovers that are too blind to see anything else !!

Anyways, both cars are more than amazing!! They are pretty much similar in every category so its up to personal prefrence i guess. in my case, ill take the WRX coz it looks better and has slightly better gas mileage.

Originally posted by crisis
    If you want any credibility you might want to justify at least some of you comments with technical or recorded evidence. " A Skyline is a Skyline " isnt one. Also broad and sweeping generalisations leave themselves open to ridicule. ie " ... proven to beat any subaru or evo in a street race. " Maybe your street or your races but the world is full of streets and I cant beleive you've seen them all. Finally "bishi makes beta cars dan subaru" may need a little more explanation.
    bishi aka mitsubishi

bishi aka mitsubishi
    Well I give up. Anyone else want to try?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Re: Egg Nog is pissed !!

Originally posted by Misho
    this thread is another amazing example of the crap you get in these forums by either young kids or dedicated brand lovers that are too blind to see anything else !!

Anyways, both cars are more than amazing!! They are pretty much similar in every category so its up to personal prefrence i guess. in my case, ill take the WRX coz it looks better and has slightly better gas mileage.
    2 b honest i dun give a shit if egg nog is pissed 4 all i care he can fertilize a rotten egg n die n i wont give a shit

Thread Information