Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • 04 WRX STi

66 51.97%
  • 03 EVO VIII

61 48.03%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WRX STi vs. EVO VIII

You have to look at this comparison from different stand-points, if you are looking for tuning one them the evolution is your best bet. The reason for this is that u can handle up to 500 hp from the stock block because its cast iron. The subaru isnt the easyest thing to work on in this case because of domed pistons and the fact that it is a flat boxer engine. The 4G63 found in the evolution is much more proven its been in many cars withing the last 15 years therefore options for tuning and tuning advice is endless. If you are looking for a daily driver that you wont tune what so ever then most would pick the STi because it comes with more power right off. At the end you have to test both and see which you like better, and besides all the specs ur supposed to have fun in it so before anyone says ones better you should test them.

i think they should be able to handle more than 500hp, Motor magazine have done a special on getting 533kw out of an Evo7
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i think they should be able to handle more than 500hp, Motor magazine have done a special on getting 533kw out of an Evo7
    Im sure it may be capable of more but the highest iv seen so far is the AMS evolution 8 and the example u gave right now.

bad choice. pick your nose next time. or a lamborghini.

Quote Originally Posted by believeadamn
    bad choice. pick your nose next time. or a lamborghini.
    What on earth are you talking about?!?

you know...the more i read about these cars the less it matters. they're almost identical in every way. The sube is more powerful but heavier, and the US spec evo loses active yaw control. The two cars come down to personal preferance it seems, and I'd still take the subaru...it's just....angrier

It just strikes as more of a purpose built car...whereas the evo appears more of an overgrown lancer...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-08-2004 at 08:19 PM.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

I've always liked the subaru better. I love those gold rims. I've also heard it is more powerful.I like the looks of it better than the EVO too. So if I could have either one I would choose the Subaru Impreza WRX STI.
    Last edited by carlover; 02-10-2004 at 06:49 AM.

Go with the EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by jake21
    I would like to hear what you think about each of these cars. The cars a very close in price but which would you choose and why. include anything that you think would possibly help my decision. I plan on purchasing within the year. I'd apperciate any help.
    I would go with the EVO. I've seen a lot of WRXs on the road. The EVO would be more unique. Plus, the EVO outperforms the WRX. This is straight from Motor Trend:

2004 WRX STi 2003 Evolution

0-60 mph, s 4.87 4.59
    1/4-mile, s@mph [email protected] [email protected]
    Braking, 60-0, ft 111 106
    600-ft slalom, mph 69.1 71.4

1st Time User, Hmmmmmmmm Its A Toughy

Quote Originally Posted by jake21
    I would like to hear what you think about each of these cars. The cars a very close in price but which would you choose and why. include anything that you think would possibly help my decision. I plan on purchasing within the year. I'd apperciate any help.

I Have A Good Question

I Recently Just Purchased A 04 Aspen White Sti With Gold Wheels. This Machine Is Awesome. I Have Been In A Evo Before And I Dont Think It Is As Nice As The Subaru. The Subaru Feels More Solid And Better Built. Speed Wise........... It Is Quick, To Me It Feels Just As Fast As A M3 Or A Carrera,................but The Evo Is Also A Great Car, Just As Good As The Sti If You Are A Mitsu Fan, So All Up To Perference

Quote Originally Posted by whitesti mp626
    I Recently Just Purchased A 04 Aspen White Sti With Gold Wheels. This Machine Is Awesome. I Have Been In A Evo Before And I Dont Think It Is As Nice As The Subaru. The Subaru Feels More Solid And Better Built. Speed Wise........... It Is Quick, To Me It Feels Just As Fast As A M3 Or A Carrera,................but The Evo Is Also A Great Car, Just As Good As The Sti If You Are A Mitsu Fan, So All Up To Perference
    Since when do they offer gold wheels with anything except World Rally Blue?

Since it arrived in the states

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Since when do they offer gold wheels with anything except World Rally Blue?
    the STIs available in the us comes standard with gold or silver wheels, your choice. even if the car u want doesnt have gold wheels on it already, the dealership would happily do a swap for you, i know this from personal experience because that is what they did for me.

question for anyone with inteligence in the bov field? sorry off topic

does anyone know which aftermarket bov sounds the best for the usdm sti. i just purchased one few days ago and i was looking for a louder bov. if anyone has anything to say please say it . thanks for the info.

STI FOR EVER, I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS I HAVE EVER MADE SO FAR. IM ONLY 22.
    THIS CAR IS TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY, I CANT SEE ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS PRICE RANGE THAT CAN TOP THE STI, THE EVO IS CLOSE THOUGH , BUT FOR ME I JUST LIKE THE STYLING AND STRENGTH OF THE STI

STI FOR EVER, I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS I HAVE EVER MADE SO FAR. IM ONLY 22.
    THIS CAR IS TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY, I CANT SEE ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS PRICE RANGE THAT CAN TOP THE STI, THE EVO IS CLOSE THOUGH , BUT FOR ME I JUST LIKE THE STYLING AND STRENGTH OF THE STI

Please, don't type in all caps. It's just annoying

Anyway, could we get some pictures of this car? Standard procedure for proof around here is your username on a sheet of paper stabbed over the shifter

Haven't driven either car, but, I admire the STi's look alot better than the Evo. Now I've driven both vehicles in SegaGT2002, which is pretty accurate to how the production models feel. In this game, I only have access to the previous generation of STi, and it still beats the Evo. The STi outhandles, horses, and torques the Mitsubishi. But, there is one category the Evo wins in: Sound System, considering the STi doesn't have one.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Thread Information